Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Willow Barberstock is Booked for an Appearance on ‘The CHEX Daily’  (Read 1448 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Willow Barberstock is Booked for an Appearance on ‘The CHEX Daily’

By Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media

With a motorsports resume that includes multiple main event victories and the 2014 Peterborough Speedway Battlefield Equipment Rental 4Fun division track championship, Willow Barberstock has made headlines and earned some solid fan support for her on-track performance. Now, the talented 15 year-old racer from Stirling, Ontario will make an appearance on ‘The CHEX-TV Daily’ to promote the series of July events for the Ontario Modifieds Racing Series – powered by Torque Builders Inc. – on Canada’s Toughest 3rd of a Mile Paved Oval.

The popular open-wheeled tour is scheduled to run 3 events this month on the Central Ontario speedplant. OMRS shows this season have featured close to 20 quality teams at each event, with some highly competitive action. Next on the agenda will be the second of this year’s Toonie Spectator Grandstand Admission/Fan Appreciation Nights – presented by Pepsi – Saturday, July 11th.

Since getting her start winning races and championships against much older competition in a go kart at the legendary Mosport/Canadian Tire Motorsport Park road course at the age of 8, Barberstock turned her first laps in a stock car during the 2012 edition of Peterborough Speedway’s marquee event – the Autumn Colours Classic – weeks before her 13th birthday. The following season, the 4Fun car became her regular weekly ride and her experience level grew as she turned laps on the track against some older and more knowledgeable competition.

“I really enjoy being at the track and spending time around the other drivers,” said Barberstock. “Everyone is so friendly and no matter how much they want to beat you once the green flag waves, they’re always willing to lend a hand or offer some helpful advice. When I’m not out there in my own car, I like to watch where everyone else is running and time their laps. It helps me provide some information to the people on my team that will make us better throughout the season. I’ve made so many wonderful friends over the years, there’s really no place I’d rather be.”

Barberstock’s promotional appearance will be on ‘The CHEX Daily’ on Peterborough’s CHEX-TV Thursday, July 9th with program co-anchor Teresa Kaszuba. The show will air live at 5:00 on Cogeco channel 12 in the Belleville/Trenton area. Station programming is also available on Shaw Direct and Bell Expressvu satellite across Canada. Check with individual providers for the channel location. Following the live broadcast, the segment will also be available at www.chextv.com.

Fans can follow Willow Barberstock on the Willow Barberstock Racing page at www.facebook.com and be sure to keep checking for www.willowbarberstockracing.com coming soon. Peterborough Speedway’s Toonie Spectator Grandstand Admission/Fan Appreciation Night – including the Ontario Modifieds Racing Series – is slated for a 5:00 start Saturday, July 11th. See www.peterboroughspeedway.com for complete details.

Photo attachment: Jim Clarke – Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media

Stirling, Ontario’s Willow Barberstock – a racer with the Ontario Modifieds Racing Series – will be featured on ‘The CHEX Daily’ Monday, July 9th at 5:00 to promote the next OMRS event – Saturday, July 11th – at Peterborough Speedway.

Prepared by: Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media
                      clarkemotorsports@hotmail.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=21416.msg113909#msg113909
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats