Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

+-

Sponsor Ads

Author Topic: Autobarn Lowndes Racing Media Release Thursday 04 October, 2018  (Read 166 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Autobarn Lowndes Racing Media Release Thursday 04 October, 2018
« on: October 05, 2018, 10:19:35 PM »
Autobarn Lowndes Racing Media Release
Thursday 04 October, 2018

Bathurst 1000 - Thursday Practice

Practice 1, Craig Lowndes: 20th (Fastest Lap: 2:30.5808)
Practice 2, Steven Richards: Ninth (Fastest Lap: 2:37.7972)
Practice 3, Craig Lowndes: Ninth (Fastest Lap: 2:31.0072)
*All sessions wet*

Craig Lowndes (#888) - Holden Commodore ZB

"It's been an interesting day. We had a tough start, but the guys did a great job. The first practice session, we had a power steering issue, but the crew did a great job during the session replacing the rack. Then unfortunately that wasn't the problem, it was the power steering pump, so we got it fixed up for Richo (Steven Richards). In the last session we bedded in some brakes and the guys did some hot rotor-change practice. I pushed a bit too hard into The Chase, locked up a front, tried to clear it, but didn't. The gravel trap was there and we brought it in, there was no point in risking it today. Both of us are really happy with the car across the top of the mountain, it flows well and it's got good drive out of corners, so bring on tomorrow."

Steven Richards

"It was a good day for me. We clearly don't want to run too much because we don't believe that the risk versus reward is necessary. I just went out to see how comfortable I felt in the wet in the car and just to bed some brakes for the weekend and the car felt great. All of the steering issues were rectified, we had a minor battery issue, but nothing untoward. I think pretty well from 10 o'clock in the morning tomorrow it's going to progressively get better and better. It might still be a bit hairy at 10, but as the day rolls on we'll end up with some pretty dry running towards qualifying."

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=26699.msg119266#msg119266
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Autobarn Lowndes Racing Media Release Thursday 04 October, 2018
« on: October 05, 2018, 10:19:35 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats