February 25, 2017, 12:28:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CRO is getting Revved up for the 2016 race season. This is our 17th Year running the site.

Home   Blogs Help Canadian Racing Archives Project Articles Picasa Gallery Gallery GoogleTagged Links Login Register  

Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Racing Classifieds - Post for Free
Montreal Inaugural Nascar Busch Series Napa 2000 DieCast Car 1:24
Saginaw 3 Speed Transmission
Micks Motorsports NCaTS Road Course Car

Kat's Metal Litter Box Canadian Rock & Metal Radio

Your Ad here for $175.00 a year

Sponsors Ads
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: BSW Hall of Fame???????  (Read 21743 times)
bikerbob
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2008, 10:51:50 PM »

not to many pictures of the ramp truck my uncle joe had. across the whole front of the truck was her name "BIG MOTHER" Too Cool!
Canadian Racing Motorsports Race Car, Racing Track News
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2008, 10:51:50 PM »

bikerbob
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »

hey guys, keep them pics coming.............please!
midpack
Pit Crew

Referrals: 0

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2008, 09:10:08 PM »

Barrie 1977 ?

That is 1980. Not sure who the orange Camaro is, it looks like it might be the Harold Lawrence Camaro but I thought that was later or maybe it is Howden?

Anyway the other cars are Don Wardle in Eddie Regan's Camaro, Mike Shaughnessy in Sterling Poole's Grand Am, Barry Sweeney in Peter Schotanus' Mini-Charger and Bill Burney's Mustang.

The orange Camaro is the #88 of Dave Taylor from Westgate in the former Mike Shane car. Before he sold the car to Taylor, Shane was involved in a great three way battle for the Westgate points title with Dave Lynch and John Eacott. It came down to the final night with all three drivers having a shot at the championship and Eacott came away with the title. At least that's how I think it ended, I was pretty young at the time.
Canadian Racing Motorsports Race Car, Racing Track News
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2008, 09:10:08 PM »

blkflagagain
Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
Series Owner

Good luck to all in 2012

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2008, 02:20:51 PM »

OK STATSMAN now you got me started!!!!LOL I got thinkin whats a Barrie Hall of Fame without a pic of the Hugger Firebird in it??? I also have a question for you about that car!!! Was it driven by Wardle after Shaughnessy drove it in 76?? Cause if Wardle won in 77 and 78 I'd hazard a guess to say that car has won the most features in Barries top division!!! Secondly that car was owned by Jr. Regan's dad Eddie correct??? Anyhow could you please post a pic of the car that won all those fatures in 76??? Also was it 14 of 16 features Shaughnessy won that year or 14 of 18?? I think its the first one if I remember right, the only other driver that one a feature that year was Herb Erb who captured the other 2.. And while were on Herb Erb was he ever a track champ STATSMAN???

Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!
racingjunkie
Rookie Driver

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2008, 07:01:37 PM »

Not 100% sure but I think the Firebird that Shaughnessy dominated with ended up with Ron Mace behind the wheel and it might have also been the car that Mace went up into the catch fence down the front straightaway.
racingjunkie
Rookie Driver

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2008, 07:06:17 PM »

I think that hugger firebird was also owned by Ed Galbraith (not sure of spelling)   Ed Regan owned the 22 Camaro which Shaughnessy drove as 22 the first year, when he left the hugger firebird, then 14 the next year.  Wardle replaced him after and the car # changed to 4.  That's when Shaughnessy went to drive for Stirling Poole
nascar329
Series Owner

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2008, 11:23:28 PM »

Yep it was Ron Mace who went up the catch fence in a Firebird, 'wow what a ride he had, I was there too".
nascar329
Series Owner

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2008, 11:25:45 PM »

The car that Don Wardle drove in 1978 was owned by Stirling Poole.
SpencerLewis
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2008, 02:15:10 AM »

same paintjob?
blkflagagain
Series Owner

Good luck to all in 2012

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2008, 03:30:13 AM »

My guess as to the connection?? All worked at Parkway Auto in Barrie on Tiffin??? If its not that is it same crew chief or something?? Good question STATSMAN, I for one am at a loss!!!!LOL

Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!
blkflagagain
Series Owner

Good luck to all in 2012

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2008, 04:03:19 AM »

WOW great shots of the Hugger Firebird. Thanks for the quick reply and informative tidbits as well STATSMAN!!! Didnt realize that Wardle drove the car before Mighty Mike!!!LOL And your right in those early 77 pics that car looks so clean, looks like a totally different car from the year Fulton drove it!!!!LOL

Jackman2007
Team Owner

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2008, 11:13:20 PM »

Thanks for posting all these old pics ! Its great going through the years of racing . It would be cool to have a complete memorabilia section here on CRO .

Thayne
Series Owner

« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2008, 01:17:22 AM »

a drive down memory lane if you will....lol

WadePeterson
Series Owner

« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2008, 05:43:20 AM »

this thread is great!  love all the old pics, was wondering if anybody might have any of the blue camaro or the Francis Ryan Firebird that Beleskey drove in his final full season and @ ASA entries, in 1983 I believe Joe won the last CASCAR Late Model Championship @ Barrie! and if anybody has any pics of some of the Mace brothers cars the craftmenship is undeniable even for back in the day, most of these people we're talking about put everything they had into racing, would be nice to take notice for a change!!  As for the car leaving Big Mother story I'll hafta ask my dad about that seeing as he was prolly driving the hauler. I find it interesting that you can go to the race track today and still easly find family members or the people themselves still supporting Barrie Speedway!

I am the ParkinglotJesus
I am one of few people to ever see the infamous "Maharagi" yes he was real! he dropped the biggest bomb in Sunset history!
blkflagagain
Series Owner

Good luck to all in 2012

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2008, 10:27:10 PM »

WOW!!!! More great shots of the Hugger Firebird ROD!!!! And your right she was looking very pristine in blue!!! What year was that accident??? I nearly cried when I saw those pics of that beautiful looking car!!!LOL I'm guessin if Blight was the starter it would of been 79?Huh Anyways, I just went through a bunch of old albums here and found a few dandy pics!!!! Most are from 73 I'm guessin, I found one of the Hugger Camaro in victory lane at Sunset and some really old color pics of the TQ midgets at Barrie and also a few of Earl Ross in the Carling Red Cap 52. Also found pics of Tom Milligan, Don Hawn ( in Wes good's C.B world #40), Jim Vitkil, John Eacott, Gord Graves, Don Nelson, and a few I didnt know as well!!!! Some are color some are black and white, but those ones are nice large shots!!!! Also found one of me inside the car of Bill Pfrimmer #82 who took over the Stu Hunter ride after his passing!! Found one old one of Jr. Hanley in victory lane at Sunset as well as a #01 car that I'm not sure of but think might be Art Robinson??? Also Mini Stock pics of Garnet Peacock and a #11 mini that I also dont remember the driver!! Any ideas on who that might be??? I'll bring them with me to the Barrie season opener so you can have a look at them and you can decide for yourself what ones would be good to post here!!! Thanks again for the memories ROD!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsors Ad