April 23, 2017, 01:47:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: CRO is getting Revved up for the 2016 race season. This is our 17th Year running the site.

Home   Blogs Help Canadian Racing Archives Project Articles Picasa Gallery Gallery GoogleTagged Links Login Register  

Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Racing Classifieds - Post for Free
Montreal Inaugural Nascar Busch Series Napa 2000 DieCast Car 1:24
Saginaw 3 Speed Transmission
Micks Motorsports NCaTS Road Course Car

Kat's Metal Litter Box Canadian Rock & Metal Radio

Your Ad here for $175.00 a year

Sponsors Ads
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Sunset Speedway Hall of Fame  (Read 31732 times)
Statsman
Series Owner

Referrals: 0

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2009, 09:33:42 PM »

Ok now that I've kinda got this picture thingy worked out...lets get the ball rolling again � Grin

This is from Sunset in '68 or '69. From what I understand this car, a '57 Pontiac called the Pony Express, with a 302 Z in it I think, was a track champ one of those years.

This is Sunset in '72 or '73 a '64 Corvair in the 6 cylinder class. Love that "soft wall" they had then � �� Roll Eyes

Here is a diecast I made of the same car � Grin

Here's another shot of John Mason's #260 from Barrie in 1970.

I hear what you are saying on the geneaology of the #60 but that half-windshield and rear view mirror on the side and the angle and way the door bar sticks out at the back  are all pretty similar. At least could explain why I thought they were the same car back then in addition to the number/paint scheme.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 09:36:21 PM by Statsman » Logged

A Member of People for the Promotion of Positive Posting
Canadian Racing Motorsports Race Car, Racing Track News
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2009, 09:33:42 PM »

CanadianRacingOnline
What Should Be Here????
Administrator
Series Owner

13 Seasons we have been around for.

Referrals: 1

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2009, 10:46:51 PM »

Nice photo's Statsman

CanadianRacingOnline New Free Classifieds Site For Racers.
You are not allowed to view links.
Register or Login
ernie
Contributing Members
Series Owner

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2009, 11:13:38 PM »

Statsman does have nice photos but the first three are mine from when I posted them last year. I just figured out how to make them bigger and clearer. The last one Statman added from a Barrie program I believe.

Statsman, I sent an email off to my Uncle about the 260. We'll see what he says.
If you notice the first pic the car is also #260 and sponsored by Crown Hill Sunoco so there may be a link there. I know when the #60 Corvair was being raced my Uncle worked at an ESSO on Gasoline Alley so the Sunoco sponsorship probably wouldn't have been a good idea especially since the car was parked at the ESSO station.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 11:18:57 PM by ernie » Logged
Canadian Racing Motorsports Race Car, Racing Track News
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2009, 11:13:38 PM »

ernie
Contributing Members
Series Owner

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2009, 12:29:46 PM »

I hear what you are saying on the geneaology of the #60 but that half-windshield and rear view mirror on the side and the angle and way the door bar sticks out at the back  are all pretty similar. At least could explain why I thought they were the same car back then in addition to the number/paint scheme.

Statsman it appears that yet again we are not worthy and must bow in your presence Grin
I emailed the pictures of the 260 and it appears that you are correct in your recollections. When I know more about the chronology I will post more or PM you.
Dusty
Team Owner

« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2013, 09:35:12 AM »

How about Dwight Brown. He's done a little since the Sunset day's.

Theres no harm in disagreeing with someone. The harm comes when your disagreeable with someone
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsors Ad