Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

+-

Sponsor Ads

Author Topic: Drivers Meeting  (Read 7820 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RacingMom3553

  • Car Owner
  • ****
  • Posts: 140
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 11:22:06 AM »
I couldn't agree more with sentiment expressed on this forum about this topic. Those of us with JLMs, Mini Trucks and Sprints have a vested interest. We want racing to happen and we are interested in knowing what, where, how, and when the show will begin again, and who will be running. We want the adrenalin rush that comes with racing and the anticipation is driving us all stir crazy.

The original question was to address a void in the available information about the drivers meeting. This still exists. A simple statement addressing the date and time(proposed??) for the drivers meeting would have filled the vacuum.

A request for information is not public bashing - it is interest. A promoter should encourage and enable discussion as it develops and sustains interest in the venue. It is when people stop being interested and inquiring that a promoter should worry because people no longer care.(And no, I am not bashing - just stating a marketing reality)

We've raced at GBS for 7 years. Every year you hear complaining and criticism and people vowing to never come back: that's racing. The following year, surprise-surprise, who is there pumped and ready to run again - many of these very same people. All they needed was a chance to vent and re-energize: that's racing. Teams move on to different venues for many reasons and new teams arrive and fill the racing divisions: that is also racing.

Unlike previous years there is no discussion on who might be running what and where. Has interest waned or are people sitting on their hands afraid to say anything due to the fallout?

When I stop inquiring about, complaining about, and debating the weekly goings on at the track you know one thing for sure.... I am not interested enough to care anymore and I will have moved on. This is the first year since we started this that we are undecided about racing for the season.

GIVING PEOPLE A BREAK IS A TWO WAY STREET and more of this by everyone including the hard working management would go a long way towards making this the best damn short track racing in Ontario.

Looking for something to get me excited about racing again - Murray :(



Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64677#msg64677
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 11:38:48 AM by RacingMom3553 »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 11:22:06 AM »

Offline Wheelsspin

  • Car Owner
  • ****
  • Posts: 111
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 12:34:39 PM »
talked to brad the other day registration/meeting he just needs to take care of a few things he's also in the process of finding a partner it is just to much work for one person he'll run it by himself if he has to,but he really needs some help
we have alot of exciting plans for this season racing wise we will be running the jr. a micro sprints at grand bend and winged outlawed carts at chestermans we are presently looking into producing an affordable micro sprint for both tracks and also building a 440 micro sprint chassis for the hannah race team
heres a picture of cass's grand bend ride for the year


Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64740#msg64740

Offline marchesracing6/16

  • Race Fan
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 08:53:36 PM »
Mike, you say you have been talking to Brad and apparantly you talked to him at the car show, but yet no one else can get a hold of Brad or Sue to find out what is going on, if the track is going to be open or closed or what. The info that we have been hearing is that people are leaving to go race at other tracks. If the track is going to open and if Brad wants to have enough cars, I think everyone needs to know by the end of February or it will be too late to get enough cars ready to support the track. As always, we are interested in investing money at GBS to keep the track going for the kids (a large amount if necessary) as we did for the last 8-9 years we raced there including sponsoring nights with the previous owners.  It seems that this has gotten out of hand and the kids have been forgotten. So anyone out there that has any info about what is happening with the track, speak up now and get this show on the road.
marches racing

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64759#msg64759

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 08:53:36 PM »

Offline knotter

  • Race Fan
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 09:21:22 PM »
I know Brad has been working hard at getting things in line for 2009, heck he has made 5 new jcars and 2 trucks and all are sold. I know he is at the track daily from noon til at least 9 pm. Leave a message I know he will return it. :) :)

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64762#msg64762

Offline Jimmer

  • Pit Crew
  • **
  • Posts: 47
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 11:38:59 AM »
Brad contacted us within 24 hours as he usually does when we leave a polite message. 
I don't blame him for not taking all the calls during his work hours as he wouldn't get anything done.
He wen't over and above the call of duty for us and had a swing arm delivered to our shop to save us a trip down to the Bend.
 Thanks once again to Brad for working with us. We appreciate your dedication and hard work. It's amazing what a little respect and appreciation will do.
 Bottom line is... keep building and tuning and stop the bull. On my last few visits to see Brad, everything is a go.. we have a schedule.. and he needs a little more time to take care of odds and ends. As far as the registration meeting goes, relax... and give them the time needed to put it all together. cheeeeeeeeeeeez
If some peeps would put as much effort into racing as they do stirring the pot.......wow the competition level would be huge.......LOL!!
 Nice looking paint job on Cass's Sprint Mike....and looking forward to another year at the Bend.
JIMMER


Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64789#msg64789

Offline Rebel

  • Rookie Driver
  • ***
  • Posts: 51
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 08:53:10 AM »
Can't dispute your point Jimmer,  I don't think there are many teams out there with any bigger investment than me.  Two sprints, two trucks, four sprint chassis and a 440 at the shop and shopping for a spare truck chassis by the way (preferably with spec tubing). However, all the investment is worthless if the drivers don't want to race somewhere because of the atmosphere.
As for one man trying to do the job of many,  theres a reason he's only one man.

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64840#msg64840

Offline Jimmer

  • Pit Crew
  • **
  • Posts: 47
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 10:38:30 AM »
Thanks Rebel but 1 more point if i may..
 Ok, so we have a few problems, as it appears by some posts.... so my question to those are.... What can we do to rectify some or all of the problems that exist?
  I'll tell you straight up, that an "answer or solution" to them is what we need, so if you take the time to identify a problem, devote a little more to your suggestion on how to solve it. 
   

 
 
 

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64844#msg64844
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:14:58 PM by Jimmer »

Offline Rebel

  • Rookie Driver
  • ***
  • Posts: 51
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 01:20:24 PM »
I agree, and I wouldn't bitch if I didn't have a suggestion on how to fix it.  This is probably not the time or place to come up with that, I did go to Brad last year when a bunch of his staff walked on him and had a forth right discussion on the problems and how I thought he should "fix it" or at least mitigate the damage, I will say he kind of tried the next week, but it only lasted one week and we went right back to the original problem.  I know others have helped out much more than I, both financially and with labour, but the root problem still exists.   One person can't run a race track, as I said earlier been there, done that, but if the top guy insists on alienating anyone who tries to help, hey, what can you do but carry on and wait for better times.


Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64851#msg64851

Offline 25_JLM_13hp

  • Series Owner
  • *****
  • Posts: 497
  • GBS Mini-Truck #25
    • Clancy Motorsports - JCAR Racing Team
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 06:00:07 PM »
I spoke to Brad today. Meeting is March 15, 2 PM in Ailsa Craig.

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64863#msg64863

Offline knotter

  • Race Fan
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 06:04:11 PM »
meeting is march 15 I spoke to brad today. I will post more about where and time. The website for Grand Bend is down because he is changing servers and will be up shortly.

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64865#msg64865

Offline Jimmer

  • Pit Crew
  • **
  • Posts: 47
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 06:50:54 PM »
 ;D See, I knew it wouldn't be long before the meeting/registration date was posted.
 Looking forward to the upcoming race season myself, and saying good bye to all this snow and cold weather.  Lets put the past behind us, and work together, to make 2009 the best season of racing yet. We all have the power to make it happen, so let's getter done!
                                                                              JIMMER

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64869#msg64869

Offline knotter

  • Race Fan
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 07:30:01 PM »
well I have been helping Brad twice a week since last Oct. in the shop with no investment or return. Have had a great time and I tell ya one thing his heart is in the right place and that is for the kids...He may not have a big wallet but he hasn't give up.

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg64875#msg64875

Offline 35Racing

  • Pit Crew
  • **
  • Posts: 35
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 03:24:59 PM »
geese doesn't look like alot has changed with the whole JCAR Grand Bend thing since we left Junior racing.

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg65375#msg65375

Offline minitruckracer

  • Race Fan
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 07:15:33 AM »
Has ownership changed. I see Paul Spriet is now a contact. Also where did the Travelling Series go. Heard there was possibility of numerous track series is that still out there?

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg65783#msg65783

Offline Stirringthepot

  • Pit Crew
  • **
  • Posts: 12
Re: Drivers Meeting
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 01:33:35 PM »
Was at the drivers meeting. Paul Spriet has stepped in to ensure that there is a place for junior racers to go. Brad is still involved but they were vague on the specifics. I suspect that the details are still being worked upon. Registration cheques are to be made payable to the motoplex.

The economy, being what it is, has led to the demise of the Travelling Series last year and for this year. There will be two races at Sauble on the off dates for the mini trucks at the Bend for those that want to go.

Varney's schedule doesn't list mini trucks this year and this was confirmed by e-mail from the race director there.
 
The Bends ownership group needs as much weekly racing at the Bend as possible on Saturdays to make operating the venue viable. Looks as if the Bend will be only place for the mini trucks to run this year.

Lots of hope for a great season in 2009.

Linkback: /smf/index.php?topic=9285.msg65786#msg65786

 


HTML ezBlock

site
stats
Powered by EzPortal