Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Sunday July 18th @Sunset  (Read 1513 times)

Offline blkflagagain

• Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
  • Series Owner
  • Good luck to all in 2012
Sunday July 18th @Sunset
« on: July 15, 2010, 06:24:39 PM »
Lucas Oil Sportman Cup 100// Stefco Thunder Series 50 lapper//Sunset Mini Stocks..

My question is : Does anyone know how much their charging for admittance for the main/spectator gate for this event??

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11802.msg84612#msg84612
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Sunday July 18th @Sunset
« on: July 15, 2010, 06:24:39 PM »

Offline wattie1

• Car Owner
Re: Sunday July 18th @Sunset
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:41:05 PM »
Dave,
If you look on the web site it says other special events $ 20.00, I am guessing that is the price but judging by our thunder/super stocks I am guessing we will have 30-40 cars in attendance. It will be an awesome show and throw in the sportsman series 100 laps and our mini stocks that put on a great show every week and the thunders/super stock it will be worth $20.00 all day long. I will see you in turn 3/4 in your lawn chair, you know you will love the show imagine the prince vs wheely Donaldson for Simcoe County supremacy.
See you Bud,
Brian Watt

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11802.msg84618#msg84618

Offline blkflagagain

• Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
  • Series Owner
  • Good luck to all in 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 01:30:19 AM »
Yes your right WATTIE that does sound like a good day of racing for 20 bucks..You most def will see me sittin in turn 3 barring any unforseen circumstances.. Should be interesting with the Sportman cars seeing the New Sunset for the first time..They seem to be getting 20 car fields this year with some impressive newcomers in Doerr and Balson to challenge the grizzled vets like Conolly, McGlynn, Didero, and Wood..I can remember in 2004 the Sportmans going 100 caution free at Barrie, and it only took about 18 mins to complete.. Dilley won that race ironically enough..Not that I forcast 100 caution free laps this time around however.. ;) ;)

I had originally thought "The Prince's" challenge was to take place this Sunday as well, but popular intelligence now tells me that race wont occur till August's Summer Slam event.. I know Jimmy isnt running the Stefco Series on a full time basis.. Maybe "His Majesty" can come on here and clarify for himself?? I dont believe anyone from the Sunset Super Stocks has even accepted the challenge yet either??? Sure hope 10-12 of the Sunset Super Stocks are planning on running Sunday cause that series seems to be attracting 19-20 cars as the norm and could use all the home track cars it can get.. Seems 8 Sauble cars will be running the series full time, along with maybe 3 or 4 Sunset cars.. As far as I know Thayne is the only Barrie Thunder I'd pencil in for sure, but maybe the other front runners like Belesky and Burrage will make their Stefco Series debuts at Sunset as well??? I'm sure youll see 2 or 3 Flammy and Varney guys wanting to try Sunset for the 1st time and that should make for a stellar field even if they only attract 22-24 cars.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11802.msg84645#msg84645
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 01:30:19 AM »

Offline zero

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 05:49:59 AM »
As always Dave you are right on the money. I heard it from a reliable source ,lol from HIS MAJESTY,S camp THE PRINCE will be at Sunset on Sunday. The big one for him and Donaldson will be in August. Not a soul took his challenge. HIS ROYAL PRINCE will be fine tuning his thunder bolt at the track on Sunday for the August summer slam at which time DAVE you will be getting a personal request to attend with him and his KNIGHTS pit side, not only as a friend but to report this glorious and historic moment in motor car racing as only you can.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11802.msg84646#msg84646

HTML ezBlock

site
stats