Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: So the first night is done, how do we think it went  (Read 9681 times)

Offline beleskey12

• Pit Crew
Re: So the first night is done, how do we think it went
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 08:01:41 PM »
come on lets get real#38 tc, i never wrecked your dads bumper, i bumped him. Ask anyone out there , if i was pissed your dads car would have resembled my anger. Also, if i had known that the whole rear end of my car was dragging i would have pulled off on my own. They let me race the first heat with my front cover stuck under my car. I'm not starting a pissing contest but for you to come on here and say i should have been parked for that tap is insane( especially when we all talked like adults about the incident and cleared everything up before the feature) I thought it was a dead issue!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42938#msg42938

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 08:01:41 PM »

Offline smokinjoe00

• Series Owner
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 08:17:49 PM »
i wasnt there but from what i have been reading between the 44 and the 2 if that was me leading the race and having that happen with a lap car......i would be putting him in the infield.....give mike credit for not going insane...lol

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42939#msg42939

Offline taj 2

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 08:52:35 PM »
We freshened the crate ourselves, saving almost $2200, but now its considered a built motor.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42940#msg42940

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 08:52:35 PM »

Offline flybyya8

• Track Owner
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2008, 08:56:03 PM »
 Thats cool, now you know whats in there.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42941#msg42941

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2008, 09:03:51 PM »
I just wanted to comment on some concerns...

I think that for the first night with new owners, many of these hiccups were to be expected. The prices are retarded, but if u have a problem bring a small barbecue like we do, or bring some meet and use ours...I know Vokey is bringing sausages! The lines were rediculous but again there will be growing pains...the 6 months to get ready comment may be true but you can never practise enough for the real thing...it's not like racing ppl took over...they will get the hang of it soon enough...and the prices will drop through two ways...approach the owners or don't buy anything...

As far as the racing part...it is the first race and most are just getting into it again...i know i made some big mistakes and fortunately no one was near me when i did...I think we shld be happy with the LLM car count and should not want to lose any cars...throw the black if need be, btu a rookie is a rookie and there will be growing pains...i just wish ppl would leave it to the drivers to discuss instead of idiots not directly involved spouting off...

AND i JUST WANNA SAY...I HAD FUN AND I KNoW U ALL DID AS WELL...So REMEMBER THAT!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42942#msg42942

Offline #9Chris

• Series Owner
  • CHIL Racing
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2008, 09:17:48 PM »
Thayne you make some good points. We bring our own food as well I just don't want to pay high prices and when you have to feed your crew it makes sense. With the on track incidence, I think some thing will get better over time, we now have a new flag man(not to sure how long he has been doing this), so I thought the first night went the way I expected it to. All winter long we have been couped up in doors with an itchy right foot and some of us wanted to go hard, I know because I was spun by one of those cars in my second heat. With track cleanup, it did suck. I'm glad it took so long for the first run for thunders to start because it let me get my car started. They do need to get track prep under control, but I think that will come with time. Maybe they should buy a sweeper or have on hand to help with the big spills, I'm sure fans don't like to get covered in speedy dry all night.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42943#msg42943
boogity boogity boogity lets go racing boys
Former Driver of the number #9 Thunder Car

Offline RRRCREW

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2008, 09:31:35 PM »
I am a little biased as I am on the Shepherd crew, so of course I am going to say we had a good night. But there are some things I am concerned about. A problem which dates back to the old owners & has carried over is the line up of haulers to get in to the pits. I know there was an incident with propane & the ambulance holding things up but that sucked. If the pits open at 3 then open them, if they see a line up let the people in (even if it is before 3), all we want to do is get there & unload the car & get everything ready. We are not asking for the food booth to be open or the track to be ready for practice we just want to get in & set up. The food booth's are now run by the company that does the Barrie Colts games & when they get it together the service will be better. However they are still charging us like we are at a Leaf game & the food was the biggest complaint of the night by many. The biggest concern for our fun loving crew is the rumour that the track is going to be checking trailers for alcohol before you enter. The track has a stadium liquor licence as they are going to serve beer anywhere in the stands, with servers carrying around cups of draft like we are at the skydome. Therefore no outside alcohol can be on the premise & there will be no post race beverages. If  this is true the track has made a BIG mistake. Our crew loves the racing & the competition, but we also are there for the social aspect after the race. Just like last night as we were there until 2:30am talking with many friends. I hope the owners think this through before they go ahead. Other than that I see allot of good things at the track & I am excited for the year.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42944#msg42944

Offline #9Chris

• Series Owner
  • CHIL Racing
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2008, 09:40:10 PM »
RRRcrew where did you hear about the track checking your trailer. I have nothing to hide but if they do this at the gate its just going to take longer to get in plus after the race its nice to sit back and hang out with some of the other crews its a good way to end the night.  They should open up the other gate to the pits put in a new ticket booth and get traffic of the 8th line, because we are blocking the road from both ends.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42948#msg42948
boogity boogity boogity lets go racing boys
Former Driver of the number #9 Thunder Car

Offline RRRCREW

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2008, 09:51:36 PM »
They haven't starting checking trailers yet, but they also were not serving beer yet. Who knows they may not check but we have heard this rumour from a few people. Another thing is the clean up crew needs radios, someone had to tell them that there was a piece of exhaust on the track in corner one  & as they tried to run out & grab it, the late models were taking the green. Yikes!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42951#msg42951

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008, 12:35:15 AM »
The trailer checking deal is retarded...if they do that and disallow alcohol into the track they will be opening a can of worms they may not be able to close...I think many people there are fans of the social aspect just like RRRcrew said. I know we are as well...I think the "If it aint broke, don't fix it" credo should be reviewed by the new owners....jmo

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42960#msg42960

Offline beleskey12

• Pit Crew
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2008, 05:49:20 AM »
hey TAJ, don't blow smoke up my bum. i know what engine is in that car and it isn't your crate engine. remember this is oro and people can't keep there mouth shut! regardless, good run on saturday night!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42963#msg42963

Offline blkflagagain

• Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
  • Series Owner
  • Good luck to all in 2012
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2008, 11:22:15 AM »
One thing kinda confuses me about the results!!! After the lap 9 incident between C. Doucette and Leclerc I had both drivers battling back to record top 5 finishes with Doucette 4th and Leclerc 5th. Noticed in the actual race results Leclerc was scored 4th and Doucette 12th??? What am I missing here?? Did Doucette spend an extended time in the pits??? I sure didnt see that, as I assumed both just went to the back!!! I'm almost positive Doucette finished ahead of the 77 of Leclerc so if you can enlighten me please do!! And have to agree on the food prices!! Something like $2.54 for a bottle of pop?? Why not just keep it simple for fans and workers alike?? I had one pop and a burger which I didnt find all that bad but it was early in the night too. The no onions was a downer as whats a track dog or burger without the onions?? I think the change from Domino's is rather confusing too!! But if indeed it is the same concession running group as the Colt's games that explains it as they go with Pizza Pizza there. And Pizza Pizza is sponsoring one of the NCTS races at Barrie this year so maybe thats why that change was made!! Have to agree about some bugs needed to work out!! The main flagman cant be on the stand solo and having to run up and down lining up the cars every time there is a restart. For all the back flagman did last Sat he should be over there helping with that as it went last year!!! Dont know who he was but that guy was BRUTAL with a capital B. The other front flagman has a few years expierience from what I'm told but didnt use the flags when he should of sometimes( was probably catching his breath from running up and down the stairs doing the line ups). The idea of the back flagstand was to allow an official to see any incidents on that side but if the guy cant or wont make the calls it is rendered useless again. And back to the food prices if your going to raise them marginally as they did thats fine but food should be better as well not worse which was indeed the case from the people I talked too. Lets hope some of the suggestions here get seen and thought about by the people in charge cause I'd hate like hell to lose cars and fans about somethings that seem so simple.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42971#msg42971
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 12:52:22 PM by blkflagagain »
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

Offline xtremewife44

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2008, 11:55:12 AM »
When we asked about Crystal's finish, we were told that she has been scored a lap down, because she is being penalized for how long it took them to wave the caution flag. Which by the way makes not sense, if they were scoring her 1 lap down then she should have restarted after the 77 (even though he caused the spin) not in front of them (where they did started her). She was not a happy girl!!
I must say that i am very proud of her for the way that she handled that. They put her to the back and she made almost all the way back to the front. Not bad for a 17 year old girl that doesn't even have a drivers license. She is here dad's girl.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42972#msg42972

Offline charger

• crum-b racings other car
  • Series Owner
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 11:55:49 AM »
I think they marked chystal a lap down after she got turned. damn shame to she was doing very well.
in p/s a div. brandon was driving his dads car in the feature came from scatch position up to i think
5th so a prety good rn for him

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42973#msg42973
Hold On Not Done Accelerating
winning isn't everything but losing sucks!!!!

Offline blkflagagain

• Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
  • Series Owner
  • Good luck to all in 2012
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 12:28:41 PM »
Well Rhonda if that is indeed you I dont understand that explanation either!! If they said Crystal went a lap down under caution does that mean there essentially saying the 3rd place car at that time did one full lap and passed her before she got strightened out?? I would of then asked why so long to throw the caution?? That spin left her right in the middle of the frontstretch??? Makes zero sense to me!! I'm suprised Dave didnt go off like a pistol!!! And for the record I dont think it was intentionally done by the #77 hes not that kind of driver. And I have no reason to take his side as hes one of the drivers at the track I dont think I've ever spoken too. But your right Crystal should be proud because she drove a great race both before and after the incident!! Her turn will come I assure you but it was a shame thats for sure but I wouldnt be too mad a the #77 either as I dont think it was intentional on his part just a racing deal!! Tell her hold her head high shes got oodles of talent from what I see.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7476.msg42976#msg42976
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

HTML ezBlock

site
stats