Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: OPP called to Sunset July9  (Read 2905 times)

Offline nitroe

• Pit Crew
OPP called to Sunset July9
« on: July 10, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »
I  cannot believe the nerve and insanity of some people. The mother of the #67 mini stock calling the OPP because she believed her son was put into the wall on purpose. Waisting tax payers money taking officers of their regular patrol because her son hit the wall. this particular driver has a history of getting warnings and black flags for his style of driving. every week there is a problem with rules or driving infractions with this team. come on mom, just because you work for the police does not give you the right  to call them just because you little boy has got into a another mix up on the track. why don't you send him back to day care where he'll be safe and sound with supervision. its a race track rubbin is racin

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13690.msg94804#msg94804

CanadianRacingOnline.com

OPP called to Sunset July9
« on: July 10, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »

Wesley_Motorsports

Re: OPP called to Sunset July9
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 08:46:48 PM »
I  cannot believe the nerve and insanity of some people. The mother of the #67 mini stock calling the OPP because she believed her son was put into the wall on purpose. Waisting tax payers money taking officers of their regular patrol because her son hit the wall. this particular driver has a history of getting warnings and black flags for his style of driving. every week there is a problem with rules or driving infractions with this team. come on mom, just because you work for the police does not give you the right  to call them just because you little boy has got into a another mix up on the track. why don't you send him back to day care where he'll be safe and sound with supervision. its a race track rubbin is racin

I'm no lawyer, but just because drivers sign waivers and clear and present dangers in stock car racing are understood, it should not be thought as a get out of jail free pass to avoid civil and criminal liabilities or implied that the laws of the country can be disregarded and are not enforceable. Just look at minor hockey, let alone professional sports where law enforcement and the courts can and do regularly intervene.

Just because you don't believe it, I'm sort of surprised it hasn't happened more often all across North America. There is one place where it happens almost every Saturday night in Winston - Salem, North Carolina: Bowman Grey Stadium. It's been said that if you're not arrested at least once at BGS, you're not a racer.

There will come a day (hypothetically) a racer stuffs somebody into the wall and if the injuries are serious enough, the 'victim' will file assault charges (vehicular assault or "dangerous weapon") and a Crown attorney will take up the case and prosecute if the police find sufficient evidence to recommend charges. And it doesn't end there, the fun will start in the next round in civil court in the form of a financial recovery lawsuit and that will make everyone's day look pale in comparison with what could happen...

That's when it will all go bad for others too, the race track will likely get  hauled into the suit too, further adding costs to everyone - including us the racers in the form of higher entrance fees to cover the increased costs in liability insurance that the race track will get tagged with should they lose such a lawsuit.

When that happens, then you can REALLY say "I can not believe the nerve and insanity of some people"......

*knock on wood* - it's the last thing racing needs around here....

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13690.msg94806#msg94806

Offline don91

• Team Owner
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 09:00:03 PM »
hey doug, i think you had better check into the bowman gray incidents a little better. the police do not get called there because bert myers might have intentionall put l.w. miller into the wall, it usually happens after punches are thrown and it then becomes assault. with your thinking , i guess we all better park our cars and all race tracks from here clean to nascar better lock there gates. if someones actions where going to lead to a law suit, i think some of the rednecks south of the border would have done this already, they will suit you for looking at them down there,lol.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13690.msg94808#msg94808

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 09:00:03 PM »

Wesley_Motorsports

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 09:08:54 PM »
LOL !

Actually, @ BGS you're right - they don't 'call' the police - they're already there with an office for every event.

I've been there and watched a few races on a 'regular' night - I sometimes just shake my head at the insanity that goes on there. And there's action in the stands too, fights in some sections is part of the reason ya go there - LOL

The Cops are a busy bunch there!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13690.msg94809#msg94809

Offline don91

• Team Owner
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 09:51:40 PM »
another good reason to not have beer gardens, i think it is budwieser induced insanity!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13690.msg94813#msg94813

HTML ezBlock

site
stats