Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Rick Spencer-Walt Honored on Stage at Motorama This past weekend at the Motorama  (Read 1234 times)

Online CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Rick Spencer-Walt Honored on Stage at Motorama
This past weekend at the Motorama Custom Car and Motorsports Expo, a series of champions were honored on stage. One of those was Rick Spencer-Walt.

Each year, the Motorama hosts an event called The Short Track Night of Champions, where each of the track and series champions across Ontario, whether dirt or asphalt, are brought up on stage and honored for their accomplishments of the season past. This year, Rick Spencer-Walt was honored on stage for his 2016 Late Model Peterborough Speedway Championship.

Across the season, Spencer-Walt was able to put up numbers which earned attention from everyone across the province. It’s worth noting in 13 races this season (nine at Peterborough, three at Sunset, one at Sauble), Spencer-Walt posted five wins and 12 top-six finishes, including a victory in the Chase for the Colours event. He dominated the Autumn Colours Classic feature as well, leading 73 of 75 laps before contact and a flat tire resulted in an scheduled trip down pit road.

To pick up the championship this past season means a lot to the Walt Motorsports team after coming close at Barrie Speedway, with nine feature wins throughout that season.

“That one got away from us so went back to Peterborough there,” Spencer-Walt said on stage. “There’s some tough competition out there that doesn’t get enough credit. Chris Mitchell is tough competition. Nobody knows that there was just five points going into the final night. Bucker up in the racecar, and drive as hard as you can.”

Beyond the tough competition, Spencer-Walt also spoke of how tough the Peterborough Speedway is as a track to drive.

“It’s defiantly tough, really tight off of four, and if you get two-wide off of four, you have to check up if you’re on the inside,” he said. “Then coming off two, if you get sideways or someone to the inside of you, you’re climbing that jersey barrier pretty fast, too. It’s happened a couple times throughout the year last year – up and down. It’s a tough track to get around. It’s much like Barrie Speedway, and that’s where I cut my teeth and I think the tracks are similar. Wide open, and turn left.”

Spencer-Walt also took time to thank his supporters and sponsors for their support each week, which earned a loud round of cheers.

“I got to thank Eldon and his wife,” he said. “They’ve done more for me than I could’ve imagined. All our sponsors – Michael and Marilyn wrapped all the cars here that have Auto Trim on the back. They do a helluva job wrapping the cars; that’s my first best appearing award that I’ve gotten and I hope to do it again this year. All my sponsors that are on-board again – I treat them right and they keep coming. And I have to thank the Lord Jesus for my smokin’ hot wife.”

As previously announced, the team plans to start off 2017 at Sunset Speedway, however has yet to finalize everything once the APC Auto Parts United Late Models of Ontario Tour kicks off their season mid-May.

“Returning the Sunset will be a big challenge for our team,” Spencer-Walt said. “So far looks like we will run the first few nights, until APC starts up and see where that takes us. I think for the first time in a long time we are heading into a season with a ton of confidence, and know we have a good competitive team, thanks to Big Daddy Eldon Wallis.”

Walt Motorsports is proud to be supported by Gohydrovac.ca, Jim Wilson Chevrolet, Frame Shop Huntsville, Auto Trim Design, Heidis RV, HOTC, Greensteelroof.ca, Crowe Bros, RCP Dyno and Tuning, Speedy Auto Machine, and Orser Technical Services. The team continues to add sponsors for the 2017 season, with more announcements expected closer to the season. If you’re interested in joining the team, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Keep up with Rick Spencer-Walt and Walt Motorsports by liking their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walt-Motorsports/524817640964689?fref=ts and following Rick Spencer-Walt on twitter at https://twitter.com/Rwalt31.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23583.msg116149#msg116149
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats