Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: NASCAR Whelen Euro Series - Dumarey Scores First NASCAR Win In Italy  (Read 1323 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

Autodromo dell'Umbria Semi Finals Elite 2 Saturday Race

Dumarey Scores First NASCAR Win In Italy

The Belgian is the fifth winner of the season in the ELITE 2 division

Maxime Dumarey (#24 PK Carsport Chevrolet SS) had to wait until the beginning of the playoffs to score his maiden NASCAR win, but he did it in style on the 2.507 km of the Autodromo dell’Umbria, leaving his opponents far behind him..

Photo - Credits: NASCAR Whelen Euro Series / Stephane Azemard

The Belgian started from the pole and jumped to an early lead, but had to face the return of championship leader rookie Thomas Ferrando (#22 Overdrive Chevrolet Camaro) and Guillaume Rousseau (#13 Bull Racing Team Ford Mustang). The trio engaged a tight battle that lasted until a contact between Ferrando and Rousseau sent both spinning. Rousseau had to retire, while Ferrando slid to third place behind Italian rookie Gianmarco Ercoli (#25 CAAL Racing Chevrolet SS). Dumarey brought his advantage up to 13 seconds and crossed the line first for his first NASCAR win, while Ercoli edged the fast-charging Ferrando for second in a nail-biting duel. The Italian also won the Rookie Cup.

“I'm really happy to finish first and to be the fastest on the track, so I will start first tomorrow.,” said Dumarey, who took the championship lead by 12 points over Ferrando. “I'm glad I'm back to the top of the championship and I really look forward to tomorrow”.

Fourth place went to Philipp Lietz (#86 TB Renauer Motorsport Ford Mustang), who had the better hand on Simone Laureti (#51 CAAL Racing Chevrolet SS), who was first in the Gentleman Trophy. Ulysse Delsaux (#10 RDV Compétition Chevrolet SS) won a splendid sprint to the checkered flag for the sixth position, overtaking Marco Spinelli (#6 Events4you by Nocentini Chevrolet Camaro) in the last lap. The Italian won the Legend Trophy classification and finished ahead of Denis Dupont (#32 RCP - Marc VDS Toyota Camry), Leonardo Baccarelli (#31 CAAL Racing Chevrolet SS) and Leonard Vernet (#7 TFT-Red Line Chevrolet SS). The Lady Cup classification went to Erika Monforte (#88 Euro Kart Racing Team Chevrolet Camaro).

The ELITE 2 Sunday Race will start tomorrow at 15:00 CET and will see Dumarey start from the pole ahead of Ferrando and Ercoli.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=20293.msg112363#msg112363
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats