Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: ROBIN BUCK FRUSTRATED IN TORONTO  (Read 617 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
ROBIN BUCK FRUSTRATED IN TORONTO
« on: July 16, 2017, 05:52:59 AM »

July 15, 2017. Robin Buck returned to the track in the #43 Ontario Chrysler Dealers Dodge for round number five of the NASCAR Pinty’s Series on Saturday afternoon during the Toronto Indy.  Buck is a former winner at Exhibition Place but mechanical issues would haunt him this time around.

During the Friday practice and qualifying sessions the #43 Ontario Chrysler Dealers Dodge team worked through several issues that hampered their performance.  “This is one of the challenging parts of being a part-time competitor,” said Buck.  “But the guys were on top of things and I felt that we had a pretty good car for the race”.

Buck took the green flag for the 35-lap race in the #43 Ontario Chrysler Dealers Dodge from 16th position but quickly began to move forward in the field.  “The car felt good and I was trying to just take it easy in the early going” he explained.

Unfortunately problems would soon occur for the #43 Ontario Chrysler Dealers Dodge and Buck would make contact with the wall.  “The steering box was binding up and it just took me into the wall” said a frustrated driver.  Buck would come to pit road and team felt they’d solved the issue and he returned to the fight, but only briefly.

Buck would go off course in the #43 Ontario Chrysler Dealers Dodge shortly after due to a broken U-joint.  “I think the first issue caused the second one,” said Buck.  “Which is too bad, because the car was really improving, we were over a second faster during the race than we were in qualifying.  We were on our way to a pretty good result.  We’ll regroup and be back again in a few weeks” said Buck.

Robin Buck and the #43 Ontario Chrysler Dealers Challenger team will be back in action during the NASCAR Pinty’s Series race on September 3rd as part of the NASCAR Truck Series weekend at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.

The race from Toronto will be broadcast on TSN2 on Saturday July 22nd at 2PM ET

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=24552.msg117118#msg117118
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: July 16, 2017, 05:52:59 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats