Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Chad Strawn ‘Modifies’ His 2013 Racing Schedule  (Read 978 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Chad Strawn ‘Modifies’ His 2013 Racing Schedule
« on: June 03, 2013, 09:00:35 PM »

By Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media

After 3 successful seasons steering a Thunder Car at Kawartha Speedway and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Chad Strawn has left the starting blocks to hop into a powerful open wheeled modified now that the 2013 campaign is underway.  The 27 year-old from Newcastle, Ontario plans to compete with the Techtonix Modified tour for 8 events at CTMP, while also running selected shows during the sophomore agenda for the OSCAAR Modified group.  Wheeling a car driven last year by his father Brian, Strawn says he’s excited at the new developments in his motorsports career.

“The team put a ‘for sale’ sign on the Thunder Car midway through the season, but at the time there weren’t any serious offers,” said the driver.  “Late in the year, we were able to make a deal with someone and I was ready to take a break from driving and help as a crew member on my dad’s car.  One night, we got talking in the shop and decided that I’d share the driving duties with my father for this year.”

After spending most his 20’s in the Thunder Car pits while his father raced and then taking over the controls of the family owned equipment himself, Chad Strawn is hoping for a smooth transition during his time behind the wheel of the sleeker, faster Modified.  He knows it won’t be easy, but he’s confident in his abilities and feels he’s ready for the challenge that will come with the new ride.

“I don’t expect to win the championship at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, but I think there’ll be some positive results throughout the year,” said the driver.  “I’ve been running with some of the veterans and we have had a lot of support from other drivers and crews.  The Modified turns much better and reacts more positively than the Thunder Car.  Another big adjustment is the speed.  I’ve had to adjust my driving style a little to compensate for how quickly this car closes on others during race traffic.”

This season, the #77 open wheel modified machine by McColl Racing Enterprises will race to create increased awareness for Canadian Heroes, honouring the Memory of Canadian Military Men and Women who have made the Ultimate Sacrifice.  Additional sponsorship support will come from Caliber Environmental, www.MoldTech.ca, Winmar, DryTech, SafeTech, www.dryit.ca, Concrobium, I & I Construction, Terco Construction, www.abatement.com, Pete Larkin Salvage, Biggs & Narciso, Walton Restoration, McGowan Insulation and Lincoln Electric, with promotional assistance from Clarke Motorsports Communications.  In the shop and at the track, the team’s equipment will be maintained by Brian Strawn, his wife Debbie Toth, Frank Grant, James Morris, Chad’s wife Terri and their son Landen.  The father and son team would also like to acknowledge the help of Brad Stevenson.

“Just like starting any new venture, the team and I are hoping we can learn as much as possible throughout the year,” said Chad Strawn, who works with Abatement Technologies.  “We are running with a good group of racers who are always ready to help, no matter the situation.”

To learn more about the Canadian Heroes program, see www.canadianheroes.ca.  Find the latest on the Techtonix Series by visiting www.ontariomodifiedsracing.com and follow Chad Strawn on Twitter, @ChadStrawn throughout the 2013 campaign.

Chad Strawn wheels to the staging area at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.  The 27 year-old from Newcastle, Ontario will share the driving duties of the #77 Techtonix Modified with his father Brian during the 2013 season.

Prepared by:  Jim Clarke – Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media
                       clarkemotorsports@hotmail.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17687.msg107703#msg107703
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: June 03, 2013, 09:00:35 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats