Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Sunset Speedway Thunder Car 50 Lap Invitation Sat Aug 15th -Drivers  (Read 14468 times)

Offline Scott

• Series Owner
    • the dizzy pub
Re: Sunset Speedway Thunder Car 50 Lap Invitation Sat Aug 15th -Drivers
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2009, 04:05:42 PM »
Not defensive at all, I think you like too look at things in your own light. And trust me, she made those laps up on you the same way she put you laps down at Sunset!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72083#msg72083
Call Me Crazy But I love The3Tards

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2009, 04:05:42 PM »

Offline ernie

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2009, 04:13:21 PM »
Why not just leave thunders the way they are?? I already have a 9 inch and don't think that I need to change it, they are a good rear end and the PRO shocks that I have work just fine. Why change things that work so well??

Since this topic has evolved into the evolution of divisions I would like to add that I had this very conversation with my Uncle just the other weekend. He was talking about when he started out at Sunset and Barrie there was only one division. Stockcars. Then they went to the Diamonds. That division got too expensive so there was a six cylinder division which he dropped to since he couldn't afford to stay in the Diamonds. When the six cylinders didn't work out they started the Hooligans etc, etc, etc. Today we have the same thing. If the thunders get too expensive then a new low cost division will have to be created to keep involvement in the sport up or should the good (bored?) Thunder guys admit that they have out grown the division and make the move to LM or LLM. This is question that has been asked since the first two cars pulled up beside each other on a horse path.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72084#msg72084

Offline Wesley

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2009, 09:27:31 PM »
Quote from Larry
(Too bad you dont (sp)know anything about running a track track,(rp) how many people who left Sunset because of you, racers and track personal. great work!!
The race track NOW is going in the right direction, not like a year ago.)

Good to hear from you again Larry, and I see you are up too your usual nonsense. I am sure that most posters are having a great laugh at your expense, but I am sure you are well aware of that!
As for Sunset, Larry the only people that left, were people like you that were not desirables. As you must know by now some people are made welcome, and others,(like you) are ignored as much as possible. People that cause problems and agitate others, regardless if it on the forum or at the track are not welcome!
As far as Sunset goes I ran the speedway, when you were still in diapers, and it was a well known fact at the time Sunset was the most progressive track in Ontario.
1   We introduced Street Stock racing, this was a street car with a roll cage and safety equip, and cost about $5 or 6 hundred bucks to build. The first year we had 80 of them on a regular basis and as many as 140 at times. (after the first year every track started running this division)
2   We introduced the Limited Sportsman (LLM today) started the year with 3 cars. Ended up with 35 in the first year.(after the second year all tracks started running this division)
3   Outlaw Minis , if this division had been given a chance it would have grown larger than the minis.
So as you can see Larry it was only a couple of people such as you that tried to cause havoc, but you did not succeed! Other than the rain outs we had a great year at Sunset.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72144#msg72144

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2009, 09:27:31 PM »

larue

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2009, 09:44:23 PM »
Quote from Larry
(Too bad you dont (sp)know anything about running a track track,(rp) how many people who left Sunset because of you, racers and track personal. great work!!

Good to hear from you again Larry, and I see you are up too your usual nonsense. I am sure that most posters are having a great laugh at your expense, but I am sure you are well aware of that!
As for Sunset, Larry the only people that left, were people like you that were not desirables. As you must know by now some people are made welcome, and others,(like you) are ignored as much as possible. People that cause problems and agitate others, regardless if it on the forum or at the track are not welcome!
As far as Sunset goes I ran the speedway, when you were still in diapers, and it was a well known fact at the time Sunset was the most progressive track in Ontario.
1   We introduced Street Stock racing, this was a street car with a roll cage and safety equip, and cost about $5 or 6 hundred bucks to build. The first year we had 80 of them on a regular basis and as many as 140 at times. (after the first year every track started running this division)
2   We introduced the Limited Sportsman (LLM today) started the year with 3 cars. Ended up with 35 in the first year.(after the second year all tracks started running this division)
3   Outlaw Minis , if this division had been given a chance it would have grown larger than the minis.
So as you can see Larry it was only a couple of people such as you that tried to cause havoc, but you did not succeed! Other than the rain outs we had a great year at Sunset.

remember Fred the tech man...hmmmm

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72145#msg72145

Offline blkflagagain

• Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
  • Series Owner
  • Good luck to all in 2012
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »
Just curious Rocket Boy, the only Sunset car at the Sizzler last year was Slaughter. I guess you were counting the laps on him while he was loading a wrecked car, Now I see how you play your game of laps. Also If you missed the last 5 laps at Pete then I do not have a math problem that would be the scorers at Pete.

Enjoy those teeth
Actually SCOTT that is not true, Slaughter Jr. wasnt the only Sunset Thunder Car at the 2008 edition of Summer Sizzler.. I knew I remembered some Mustang Thunder Car from there that raced that day but the guy's name escaped me so I looked it up..It was the #87x of Cory Lehman who finished 19th.. Not that it matters much, but does go to show nobody knows and recognizes a Sunset field filler better then BLKFLAGAGAIN!!LOL

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72188#msg72188
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:13:40 AM by blkflagagain »
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

Offline Wesley

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2009, 06:39:24 PM »
Quote from Larry

Fred was not doing his job as a tech man, that is why we parted company. In fact when he asked for his job back this year he was refused.(once again get your stories right before posting!) And as far as payouts go, you have no idea what you are talking about, as usual!!!!!
What a waste of skin.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72217#msg72217

larue

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2009, 07:20:42 PM »
Fred was loved at Sunset,unlike you!!!
Mark and Steve are doing a great job,putting this track that was doomed last year,in the right direction.who are you again??

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72218#msg72218

Offline polishprince12

• Series Owner
  • 2010-2011 Track Champion
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2009, 11:11:18 PM »
hey Ryan ???, Scott and his wife are top notch people and she is the only female driver that i've seen that has and can run up front with the boys. Why so bitter man? Did you have a problem making friends as a child? try to be positive for once. holy f%#@!!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72221#msg72221

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2009, 11:56:24 PM »
I don't think I need to explain. You guys have all been here long enough to know what's kosher and what isn't.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72231#msg72231
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 11:34:04 AM by Shadowracer »
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2009, 11:32:33 AM »
We went thru this thread, after they removed Ross/Ryan.Day, and cleaned it up...basically removing anything that referred to homosexuality, personal attacks, giving out phone numbers for prank calls, and threats to knock someone's teeth out.

Ryan was the only one actually removed from the site...but it could have very easily been a couple of others too. So be aware that Ryan was not the only one out of line...and we'll be monitoring. Consider it as being on probation. You guys know who you are.

I'm gonna unlock the thread for now, becuase there was good stuff in between all the garbage. But if it goes south we'll lock it again.

Trev

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72245#msg72245
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

larue

« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2009, 06:20:55 PM »
take note,this ross may be using your email addy,to start his own forum once again,may i suggest everyone here,hiding their email addy.As a  member,you can click on someone's name and find your addy,if you choose not to hide it.
He tried this on Inside track forum,thats a fact!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72267#msg72267

eightball

« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2009, 05:00:33 AM »

¦nbsp; ¦nbsp;

Fred was not doing his job as a tech man, that is why we parted company. In fact when he asked for his job back this year he was refused.(once again get your stories right before posting!) And as far as payouts go, you have no idea what you are talking about, as usual!!!!!
What a waste of skin.

Â I have read some tall tales on here but never one of this magnatude .
80 - 140 Street Stocks never happened and  the post is written in a way to make one think Wes invented this class which is also a load of dog squeeze . Wes also never invented the Limited Sportsman division and never had 35 cars in the class .

Wes you had to know there are too many people on here that were at the track back then to get away with telling a story like that .

Nice touch throwing Fred under the bus you should be very proud of yourself .
 Â 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72430#msg72430

Offline Statsman

• Series Owner
    • http://public.fotki.com/RodM/
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2009, 08:40:15 AM »
If we are talking history I need to chime in.

In 1966 when Gerry Watson started having some troubles with the Late Model guys at Barrie Speedway he created a more limited rules class of car and called it a Diamond. This class would spread throughout the province to Sauble, Varney, Acton, Grand River, Hideaway, Nilestown, Delaware, Flamboro, Westgate, Sutton, Sunset, Wasaga Beach and probably a few more. An argument could be made that this class eventually transformed into the Limited Sportsman and Limited Late Models. The Diamonds were a step below the Late Models of the day.

When Barrie and Sunset ran a combined schedule in 1973 with true racing tires permitted for the first time (10 inch Hoosiers rather than the street-core based recaps from Hoosier that were previously standard) the class was renamed to Limited Late Models. I think that was the first time in Ontario that I'd heard that name used. There was a second incarnation of the Diamond division in 1979 at Barrie.

In 1971 when the Diamonds started to evolve into something a little more, Gerry created a class called Hooligans. Stock chassis with roll-bars and safety equipment. Only the name separated this from later incarnations as Street Stocks. The Hooligans ran for two seasons and then the Sunset 6-cylinder class became the support division.

Barrie had a reborn Street Stock class in 1977 but by then I believe other tracks were using the name as well and I just remembered there were Street Stocks at Westgate in 1975. In 1976 Sunset ran the Pinecrest Stockers (another class very similar to the original Barrie Diamonds) and Mini-stocks so there were no Street Stocks racing at Sunset before Barrie. My memory is that Wes' original reign at Sunset started with the closing of Pinecrest partway through 1976.

There could be other tracks that could make a claim to lower cost closed wheel racing divisions but Barrie particularly under Gerry Watson's leadership was definitely a pioneer.

Now who can remember where the 6-cylinders started? I remember them running at Sutton and Sunset around in 1970-71.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72434#msg72434
A Member of People for the Promotion of Positive Posting

Offline ernie

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2009, 04:43:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure the 6 cylinders at Sunset started in 69 when the track was still 1/4 mile.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72462#msg72462

Offline Wesley

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2009, 09:37:30 PM »
Quote from eightball.
 I have read some tall tales on here but never one of this magnatude . (sp) (magnitude)
80 - 140 Street Stocks never happened and  the post is written in a way to make one think Wes invented this class which is also a load of dog squeeze . Wes also never invented the Limited Sportsman division and never had 35 cars in the class .

Wes you had to know there are too many people on here that were at the track back then to get away with telling a story like that .

Nice touch throwing Fred under the bus you should be very proud of yourself .
 Â 

You are a nice person, but you are away out of line on this one. look in the records. I took over Sunset in 1975 we ran what ever the first year. Than Jimmy Ward and myself sat in my office and drew up the rules for a NEW Street stock division that we started in 1976. I still have sign in sheets were 80 and more of them signed into the pits, and on one night we had over 140, they were parked all the way around behind the track on Shakells property.
Than in 1979 we once again sat down and wrote the rules for the Limited Sportsman division. This was a car that you could put on the track for under $5,000 and there was an engine claim of $300.00. If you care to check this out as Tom Milligan, the built one and made a pile of money with it. Remember in 1979 we were paying $1,000 to win, and can assure you that Tom won his share of the money.
So if you would do a little reading before you post untruths, people would think a lot more of you.
As far as Fred is concerned as I said he did not do his job, that is why he was loved, he would not dq anyone when they were found guilty

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10327.msg72474#msg72474

HTML ezBlock

site
stats