Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Pretty Please! does anyone know the top 3 LLM points  (Read 10719 times)

Offline longstreet

• Series Owner
Re: Pretty Please! does anyone know the top 3 LLM points
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2008, 02:56:45 PM »
not one to often agree with Mr wade but he is bang on this time and so is TeX. freedom cost and the bill is usually paid in blood unfortunately

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg56825#msg56825
same as the old boss

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2008, 02:56:45 PM »

Offline alan evans

• Team Owner
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2008, 03:30:38 PM »
This is completely my opinion and has nothing to do with my position as a Mod BTW... As much as I would like to ban you for your disgusting comments, I suppose you are entitled to them, this is something that the Military is fighting for in Afghanistan, democratic rights such as free speech, which you choose to abuse us with quite often.
[/quote]

Thunder 6 l stand by what i said,I think you are totally out of line with your "l have never been so insulted and outraged in my life attitude and indignation" at no time did l every question the bravery and sacrifices made by the arm forces, you are totally out of order to make it an issue. Many on this board myself included have had a relative or friend die whilst serving their country. What l was questioning was the army mentality that orders must be obeyed and that everything is black and white cause l can assure you in racing not too much is ever black or white. Cause if it was there would be no CRO.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg56834#msg56834
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:18:44 PM by alan evans »

Offline BIG Don Fan

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2008, 06:23:30 PM »
This is completely my opinion and has nothing to do with my position as a Mod BTW... As much as I would like to ban you for your disgusting comments, I suppose you are entitled to them, this is something that the Military is fighting for in Afghanistan, democratic rights such as free speech, which you choose to abuse us with quite often.

Thunder 6 l stand by what i said,I think you are totally out of line with your "l have never been so insulted and outraged in my life attitude and indignation" at no time did l every question the bravery and sacrifices made by the arm forces, you are totally out of order to make it an issue. Many on this board myself included have had a relative or friend die whilst serving their country. What l was questioning was the army mentality that orders must be obeyed and that everything is black and white cause l can assure you in racing not too much is ever black or white. Cause if it was there would be no CRO.
[/quote]

Let us all sit back and think about this "black and white"

Let us for an instance think that it was the 11 car that entered the track under green flag conditions. Sunset chooses to call it, shall we say a "grey" issue, end result Mr Morrow benefits. Stand by - Mr Evans goes ape sh-t on the Speedway or more recently the military.

11 car enters the track under green flag conditions, wipes out the pack (remember last year????)Sunset chooses to call it, shall we say it again a "grey" issue. Stand by - Mr Evans goes ape sh-t on the Speedway or more recently the military.

11 car enters the track under green flag, after the pit manager tells Mr Morrow (while sticking head against window net) not to enter, tells crew to radio Mr Morrow not to enter, corner flagman tells Mr Morrow not to enter, enough green lights on the track to tell him not to enter and finally minimum twice receiving the black flag exits the track. Would this cause Mr Evans goes ape sh-t on the Speedway or more recently the military?

Heck we all think the safety equipment is not so black and white either - what say Mr Evans, speaking as a former Military member - can we ditch this too? I think NASCAR itself is to uptight with their rule package also - I believe that they have got that series all planned out and Michael Waltrip is gonna take it all (one heck of a comeback on the last race). Got to be true as it is now posted on CRO. If it is not true it would not be written here and "there would be no CRO."

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg56848#msg56848

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2008, 06:23:30 PM »

Offline ministock19

• Series Owner
    • http://www.sapphire-motorsports.com
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2008, 07:08:27 PM »
In regards to our military,have a look at this letter that was posted after the "military appreciation" night at varney speedway august 16 of this summer:

http://www.varneymotorspeedway.com/track-news.php

As one of the drivers lending a car,I can say the pleasure was all mine and was just a small token of appreciation for the men and women of our service.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg56850#msg56850

Offline BIG Don Fan

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2008, 08:47:06 PM »
One thing I would like to say - the positive comments that were made after one persons comments are very warmly received - again i may not wear a uniform anymore, but folks like you are always a class act.

I phoned Rob at his work today and he said that this was this persons own opinion and also mentioned he figures that is why he wears military uniform is to keep freedom of speech. However he said it was extremely nice to hear that so many have good things to say about it.

By the way to all you good Varney folk - I have a good friend at Borden in that school (CFSEME). To this day it is all the talk on the hanger floor - you guys REALLY wowed them!!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg56877#msg56877

Offline MikeSmith

• Car Owner
  • Mr.X
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2008, 11:04:34 PM »

Either way Mr. Evans you my good sir are very ignorant and completely out of touch with reality speedways abide by rules hence the reason there are rules....does it not make sense to that small vacant space between your ears?? now i dont want to see you work too hard on making that light bulb come on you might short out your system....

Cheers

Mike

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg56941#msg56941
Just Call Me...Mr. X

Offline Thunder6

• Don't mess with Tex
  • Series Owner
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2008, 11:37:08 PM »
[/quote]

You are welcome to stand by what you said, unfortunately as we have seen you are pretty much a wallflower standing alone...
I don't think I was out of line in any way with what I said in response to what I read. Don't hold your breath waiting for an apology because it isn't coming. I could quote your post again but I don't think I need to because everyone has already seen it. If you didn't mean what you said then you should say that. What you wrote attacked a member of this country's armed forces for his career choice and belittled anyone who chooses to defend our country for the benefit of YOU and I.

Military and Paramilitary organizations have rules and Command structure so that orders can be transmitted quickly and efficiently in life threatening situations. Like racing which can depend on the staff reacting in an organized manner to situations where a driver's life may be in danger.

I suggest there may be times in racing when someone may not agree with a call, but the rules are there to protect the participants and spectators and if applied evenly, fairly and consistently then they allow the race events to be equal and fair competitions.

Black and white has nothing really to do with what you were saying. From what I understand (I wasn't there and do not wish to comment whatsoever on what happened with Tom Walters, who I know and very highly respect) people are saying a rule was clearly broken, therefore some things have now happened that you don't necessarily agree with.

If you don't think racing is black and white and Military style organization has no place in racing then I suggest you should not look at NASCAR S/C, F1, CART/IRL or any other professional form of motorsports where crew members all have assigned responsibilities they do not deviate from and the chain of command is followed. Not to mention that NASCAR as an organization is very inflexible and rules with an iron fist.

Mr. Alan Evans, I'm done with this topic. If you wish to endlessly argue your points with me that's fine, but I would like to put it to rest. If you wish to retract what you said, fair enough. I think that's what you should do instead of keep digging, but that isn't my choice it's yours...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg56954#msg56954
"Dont be BEECH! And as always comrades, have nice day" fpsrussia

Offline Thunder6

• Don't mess with Tex
  • Series Owner
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2008, 12:25:03 AM »
One thing I would like to say - the positive comments that were made after one persons comments are very warmly received - again i may not wear a uniform anymore, but folks like you are always a class act.

I phoned Rob at his work today and he said that this was this persons own opinion and also mentioned he figures that is why he wears military uniform is to keep freedom of speech. However he said it was extremely nice to hear that so many have good things to say about it.

By the way to all you good Varney folk - I have a good friend at Borden in that school (CFSEME). To this day it is all the talk on the hanger floor - you guys REALLY wowed them!!!

I think this is an awesome initiative!

I know Delaware has a "Police, Fire, Ambulance, Military - Appreciation Night" where if you have ID showing you are a member of those services you get in free, which I thought was pretty cool of them to do.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg56963#msg56963

Offline BIG Don Fan

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2008, 07:02:32 AM »

I know Delaware has a "Police, Fire, Ambulance, Military - Appreciation Night" where if you have ID showing you are a member of those services you get in free, which I thought was pretty cool of them to do.

It is very nice to see organizations do this for all branches of uniformed service. I know when Glen Lloyd owned Sunset he had 2 maybe 3 nights that he would open the doors of his track to all branches (no cost). As for the forces any other time of the year I think it was 4 dollars off the price of a ticket. I cannot say with any certainty what this new owner does if anything.

Thunder 6 and Mike Smith (plus all the other commenters)- I hope I one day get the chance to meet you and shake your hand. The honor would be all mine - and I am sure the same could be said from anyone else who serve(d)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg56976#msg56976

Offline Thunder6

• Don't mess with Tex
  • Series Owner
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2008, 07:14:41 AM »
I disagree Don, the honor would be all mine!

Come by the next time I come down to Sunset. I'm working Saturday, so it will have to be next year sometime...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg56977#msg56977

Offline 38lmcrew

• Pit Crew
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2008, 08:21:12 AM »
Thanks for all the support, My son is in Afganistan as i type, it is nice to see the support that you all have typed.
thankyou
and for Mr. Alan Evans if you think he has no skills....stand in front of him.
Dave King

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg56979#msg56979

Offline Dster

• Series Owner
    • http://
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2008, 08:06:04 PM »
...seen on (many many) bumpersticker(s)..."If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."
+1

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg57082#msg57082

Offline Peanut Butter

• Car Owner
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2008, 10:11:55 PM »
The points are very very close and I have found some things and corrected them.  So bare with me I hope to finish up tonight and have them to Al tomorrow for the web-site.

If you could post the top 5 in each division that would be great

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg57092#msg57092

Offline mipro

• Team Owner
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2008, 06:45:11 AM »
Walters only lost the points for that feature only..... This gave Chris the 10 point advantage.  Don't forget Chris won both features.
Going into the run with double features Walters had 1271 points and Morrow had 1212.
The first events run counting as Sept 13th's rain out Walters only obtained 41 points taking his total to 1312 and Morrow gained 104 taking his total to 1316.  So after the first feature Morrow had the lead going into the heats and the second feature.  During that race Walters got a total of 98 points added to his previous total equals 1410.
Morrow obtained 104 points again giving him a total of 1420.

Hence Morrow leads the points by 10.

Walters received the black flag with driver misconduct attached to it because he was told straight out by the pit official not to enter the track, then again by the official standing on the on/off ramp.  Walters then  proceeded to enter the track and in the rule book this warrants an immediate black flag.  When Walters entered the track he ignored the initial black flag thrown at him and it took him two laps to get back off the track.  Blatently disregarding track officials warranted the misconduct added to the black flag = no money no points for that event.  

As a vetran driver of Sunset Speedway he knows that rule better than anyone........
Deb   Here you say walters lost points for the Feature only and then you say these are the points.Isn't walters saying that they actually found a scoring error from a previous result back on june21 or 28.In which case if there has been a mistake by whoever shouldn't someone be trying to verify this mistake before actually declaring any winner. You said in an earlier post that you had been contacted by a 4 cyl driver or 2 that they had a scoring error and wanted you to look at it.You said you would look at what they had and what you had and try to rectify it for the guys in the 4 cyls before posting any winner.If a driver in another class other than the 4cyl has a scoring dicrepancy than why post that class but not the 4 cyls.Has anyone called walters back to try and verify your results for the season with his results like yous are doing with the guys in the 4 cyls class.Shouldn't all the classes be given the same respect.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8656.msg57671#msg57671
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 06:48:40 AM by mipro »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats