Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: #71 CATHCART TRUCKING CHEVROLET AWAITS CAYUGA  (Read 1252 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
#71 CATHCART TRUCKING CHEVROLET AWAITS CAYUGA
« on: June 22, 2007, 06:09:01 PM »

Out of the box the #71 Mid America Motorsports entry looked off the pace with handling issues at Mosport which makes sense when you miss all of practice which leads into qualifying that the Team had no time at- no practice at, and no laps to consider setup changes which is always a must for any race team.

Instead the Team unloaded late due to work that was needed on the NASCAR CTS Car which was running at the Mosport Road Course, and it was a decision made by Team Owner, David Didero that they were not going to leave the Road Course until the car was ready for the NASCAR event on Sunday, thus forced them to miss the time they needed to figure out the OSS car for the oval.

"It's a really hard deal when you run two cars at one event, it's worse when you run two cars at two different tracks on the same day, even though the Oval is only minutes away, it seems like millions of miles away. Our focus was the NASCAR entry which we figured would go well, but due to the many changes NASCAR Tech enforced it forced us to dedicate our time to the CTS

#71 entry. By the time we made it to the Oval- we missed every opportunity we had to get the car right for the OSS 100 Lap event" said Didero.

This race is a huge difference for the team of Ancaster Ontario. There will be no NASCAR deal to worry about, there will be no time missed due to Tech, and there will be no excuses for not running the entire show unless they have the same luck as last week.

" When we raced the first 50 at Mosport the car was way out of adjustment, and I cant blame anyone but myself because I set them up. We struggled to pull of a 8th place finish and made huge changes to the car for the second 50. When we went out I could feel the motor going south, so instead of loosing the piece we parked the piece and luckily we did because we had blown 3 out of 8 pistons into the ground.

This week will be better !! " said Team Owner and Driver, David Didero.

What does Mid America Motorsports forecast for the first OOS race at Cayuga Speedway Park?

We look forward to running at Cayuga because the place is so darn fast, wide, and racey and everyone has a chance to win. Its not always about running first here- its about taking advantage of the opportunity's that buy you the moves to make during the race event, and that will make for a good finish and a great show for the fans. I am to old to make it anywhere as a Driver so my focus is to run the best race we can, shake hands with the older fans, and most importantly devote all of my attention to the kids who are the coolest of race fans in the world.

" I am no Shawn McGlynn- he is just flat out great as a race car driver and a person, and it makes it hard to compete, but I am not here to beat him.

We as a team are here in the OSS to make a kid smile, give him them a rush, and just to see them smile from ear to ear.

Kid's are why my Race Team races... they remember, I remember, being a kid and going to the very first race they ever saw. It was cool then and it is even cooler now, so we will go out of our way to make sure, young or old, regardless of age or gender, that we take the time to answer the questions the fan's have to throw at us, and that is what the OSS is all about.

Family Values, Family Time, and making our Fans a part of the OSS Family !!

If you are bringing kids to the Track, be sure to stop by the #71 for a photo and and a handshake, and a special treat for the young ones.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6198.msg26111#msg26111
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: June 22, 2007, 06:09:01 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats