Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: LLM the top 15  (Read 5224 times)

Offline blkflagagain

• Fell short of the 20 race mark in 2009.. Quite sad indeed!!!
  • Series Owner
  • Good luck to all in 2012
LLM the top 15
« on: September 30, 2009, 05:33:50 AM »
This is my list of who to watch out for heading into Fall Colors 2009 in this class.. No bias meant or intended!!LOL

#1 The Man, The Myth, The Legend, The Icon..... "Stompin Tom" Walters.. Quite simply the best there ever is/was/ or ever will be. The Bradford resident has a list of accompishments  larger than my rap sheet!!LOL 26 titles and 3 time winner of Flammy's Oktoberfest, as well as defending champ in this event. His Barrie titles in 05-06 wont long be forgotten in the record books either, considering he beat the best guys around at that time ( Gaunt, Tim Watson, Baker, and Ian Bourque)

#2 Gordie Shepherd - (could be the best combo of car/driver) Qualified 3rd at the "Chase for Colors".. The 2009 Barrie champ will be tough to beat. You'll be guaranteed he'll drive you clean every step of the way. Has a 2003 Barrie Thunder title to back up the resume, has progressed every year one step further amongst the best field of LLM in the province at Barrie.

#3 Dwight Brown - ( simply dominant in everything he drives).. 2008 Mosport champ is one of the best. If he's even close to being on his game for AC 2009 dont count out a photo shoot in Victory Lane for the Beeton resident.

#4 Dwayne Baker - ( 2007 Barrie champ is only driving a Super Late for AC this year)

#5 Chris Morrow- (2007-08 Sunset champ has been absent from this event 2-3 years running.) Not likely to appear... Is a former 2 time champ of this event in the Challenger division in the early part of the decade..

#6 Keith McLeod - another no show this season for the AC event with the car for sale, but a dandy driver and class act. 2008 Barrie champ has one of the best cars around.

#7 Jason McLellan- (former Hooters Pro Cup driver is a 2 time and defending Varney Champ). Quite possible he appears. Wins outside of Varney would only further etch his place amongst the province's best.

#8 Jason Parker- (willingness to travel bodes well for the former Sauble champion).. A top 5 runner wherever he goes. Tough as nails to boot.... on or off track....LOL Needs to learn passive/aggressive driving style a little bit further to realize full potential

#9 Al Inglis- 3rd in points at Barrie, and several good runs at Sunset figures well for the "Red Rocket".. If theres a smoother, more consistent driver in LLM in this province??? SHOW HIM TO ME!!!

#10 Dan Kimmerly- The 2009 Mosport champ has also made a name for himself driving a FULL LM, and could be very much in contention for this one. If in the 2007 KD champoinship Donaldson car???.... Raise him up a few spots for sure

#11 Amanda Conolly- Couldn't leave out one of my favs...

Immesily talented behind the wheel, patience is what she must learn to advance a level. I'd look for a stellar run from the 2009 Pete champ. Make no mistake this is one gal that should not be taken lightly, whatever track you put her on.

#12 Jason Witty- just lost out in this event last year, has a brighter future than anyone currently occupying this class in the not to distant future. 2nd in points at "That Place" in 09 somewhat enhances his racing accumen, but like Walters not willing to run against the best week in week out..LOL

#13 Vic Parsons- grizzled veteran was the first and only Canadian to record a top 10 in Daytona 500 in Mid 70's..Make no mistake, not a pushover.

#14 Dario Caprichio- Former ALSTAR driver was robbed of a podium in this event last year, Fourth in points at "Field Filler Speedway" in 2009 a top 5 is very much in the realm of possibility.LOL

#15 Tyler Williams - one of the best, most consistent guys you might not of heard so much about.. The car /driver combo much like Shepherd could put this long time Sauble veteran in the running.. 50/50 he appears though

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74693#msg74693
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 12:55:24 AM by blkflagagain »
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

CanadianRacingOnline.com

LLM the top 15
« on: September 30, 2009, 05:33:50 AM »

Offline nascar329

• Series Owner
Re: LLM the top 15
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 12:39:26 PM »
This is my list of who to watch out for heading into Fall Colors 2009 in this class.. No bias meant or intended!!LOL

#1 The Man, The Myth, The Legend, The Icon..... "Stompin Tom" Walters.. Quite simply the best there ever is/was/ or ever will be. The Bradford resident has a list of accompishments  larger than my rap sheet!!LOL 26 titles and 3 time winner of Flammy's Oktoberfest, as well as defending champ in this event. His Barrie titles in 05-06 wont long be forgotten in the record books either, considering he beat the best guys around at that time ( Gaunt, Tim Watson, Baker, and Ian Bourque)

#2 Gordie Shepherd - (could be the best combo of car/driver) Qualified 3rd at the "Chase for Colors".. The 2009 Barrie champ will be tough to beat. You'll be guaranteed he'll drive you clean every step of the way. Has a 2003 Barrie Thunder title to back up the resume, has progressed every year one step further amongst the best field of LLM in the province at Barrie.

#3 Dwight Brown - ( simply dominant in everything he drives).. 2008 Mosport champ is one of the best. If he's even close to being on his game for AC 2009 dont count out a photo shoot in Victory Lane for the Beeton resident.

#4 Dwayne Baker - ( 2007 Barrie champ is only driving a Super Late for AC this year)

#5 Chris Morrow- (2007-08 Sunset champ has been absent from this event 2-3 years running.) Not likely to appear... Is a former 2 time champ of this event in the Challenger division in the early part of the decade..

#6 Keith McLeod - another no show this season for the AC event with the car for sale, but a dandy driver and class act. 2008 Barrie champ has one of the best cars around.

#7 Jason McLellan- (former Hooters Pro Cup driver is a 2 time and defending Varney Champ). Quite possible he appears. Wins outside of Varney would only further etch his place amongst the province's best.

#8 Jason Parker- (willingness to travel bodes well for the former Sauble champion).. A top 5 runner wherever he goes. Tough as nails to boot.... on or off track....LOL Needs to learn passive/aggressive driving style a little bit further to realize full potential

#9 Al Inglis- 3rd in points at Barrie, and several good runs at Sunset figures well for the "Red Rocket".. If theres a smoother, more consistent driver in LLM in this province??? SHOW HIM TO ME!!!

#10 Dan Kimmerly- The 2009 Mosport champ has also made a name for himself driving a FULL LM, and could be very much in contention for this one. If in the 2007 KD champoinship Donaldson car???.... Raise him up a few spots for sure

As Whittaker says "HOT SHOE=HOT ASS!!!LOL"
 Immesily talented behind the wheel, patience is what she must learn to advance a level. I'd look for a stellar run from the 2009 Pete champ. Make no mistake this is one gal that should not be taken lightly, whatever track you put her on.

#12 Jason Witty- just lost out in this event last year, has a brighter future than anyone currently occupying this class in the not to distant future. 2nd in points at "That Place" in 09 somewhat enhances his racing accumen, but like Walters not willing to run against the best week in week out..LOL

#13 Vic Parsons- grizzled veteran was the first and only Canadian to record a top 10 in Daytona 500 in Mid 70's..Make no mistake, not a pushover.

#14 Dario Caprichio- Former ALSTAR driver was robbed of a podium in this event last year, Fourth in points at "Field Filler Speedway" in 2009 a top 5 is very much in the realm of possibility.LOL

#15 Tyler Williams - one of the best, most consistent guys you might not of heard so much about.. The car /driver combo much like Shepherd could put this long time Sauble veteran in the running.. 50/50 he appears though

Will Amanda be driving her car OR letting Baker drive his and she will get the points .......... IF YOU NEED TO NO MORE ASK HER OR BETTER STILL ASK JP !

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74713#msg74713

Offline mike32

• Series Owner
  • Last of the Time Lords
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 03:00:07 PM »
your listing makes a lot more sense than the one in Inside Track where the top 15 or whatever has drivers from 3 or 4 different classes lumped together.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74717#msg74717

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 03:00:07 PM »

Wesley_Motorsports

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 08:44:56 PM »
I don't think you'll see the following driver / teams at Autumn Colours.

Dan Kimmerly
Chris Morrow
Dario Caprichio
Amanda Connelly - But Kelly Balsam will probably be in his Late Model

The guys that weren't mentioned but do have qualifying spots by running in the top 3 in the Chase for the Colours:

Brandon Watson
Steve Matthews

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74742#msg74742

Offline smokinjoe00

• Series Owner
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 08:53:41 PM »
u running your cars doug?? and how did u do this year..

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74743#msg74743

larue

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 09:07:06 PM »

As Whittaker says "HOT SHOE=HOT ASS!!!LOL"

Will Amanda be driving her car OR letting Baker drive his and she will get the points .......... IF YOU NEED TO NO MORE ASK HER OR BETTER STILL ASK JP !
I heard about that deal,i like that team,but didnt think that was right!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74744#msg74744

larue

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 09:11:57 PM »
Okay,this is what i heard that happened.The 16 car broke the engine in pratice,and the track allowed john baker to run his car with Amandas car number on it,and she collected the points for it.
Is that right?Should this been allowed or not??Feel free to answer... :o :o :o

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74745#msg74745

larue

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 09:34:02 PM »
I say my buddy BAM BAM WITTY wins it this year....He took Tommy,last year,driving under him,the 47 couldnt run the outside,but the rear end blew up on him.....I felt so bad for him,losing it that way!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74747#msg74747

Offline thecrowdpleaser

• Team Owner
  • i'm to drunk to taste this chicken
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 10:01:44 PM »
Larry, what you stated was pretty much what happened. Amanda's motor broke in practice, leaving us with a dilemma. Here are the rules, these rules were laid out at the start of the year. 1. you are allowed to borrow a car as long as the car has not turned a race lap that night. 2. you are allowed to have a sub driver ONE time throughout the course of the year.....one time only........So, we took advantage of the rules. We had discussions with the baker crew about borrowing their car for the evening, we had also been offered another car to run for the night. Something that everyone should be aware of, is that amanda was 27 points in the lead of the 99 of burke, we are allowed to throw out one night per year, and as it turned out, amanda wouldn't have even needed to race that night, and if the last night hadn't been rained out, she would have entered the last night ahead by 21 points and still unable to be caught. This was something that we, amanda and i, didn't want to do, but thought it was the best option available that night. Cars were offered, but like I stated, it wouldn't have mattered. The biggest issue we had with borrowing one of the cars was that amanda simply couldn't reach the pedals. Let me be clear in saying that this night did NOT win her the championship, winning back to back features on the 8th and the 15th of august, the latter being the mid season 50 lapper paying double points, is what got her the lead for good.
If anyone had/has a problem with the rules of a track, i would suggest to bring it up at the start of the year, and not at the end of it.
Again, amanda had a wonderful year, and it's typical of some to try and take away what is rightfully hers.

Kelly.......thats the last you'll hear from me on the matter

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74749#msg74749

larue

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 10:32:24 PM »
I have never heard of using both options at the same time,or never noticed maybe...lol Iam not taking anything away from her,last year she missed it by a few points,so i think she has paid her dues!!! ;)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74750#msg74750

Offline thecrowdpleaser

• Team Owner
  • i'm to drunk to taste this chicken
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 10:36:34 PM »
Larry, check your private message thingy........ :)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74751#msg74751

larue

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 10:59:17 PM »

Offline blkflagagain

• Series Owner
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 01:05:28 AM »
I believe some tracks even have a two night substitute driver policy and might be more in some cases where the ride is shared all season long.. What I would like to know is this: Once a driver substitutes in for someone on a selected evening, should that driver be allowed to do it again in another car in that same division later on in the year?? Thar came up on a few occasions this year at Barrie and the driver (a LLM regular) was allowed to run a few different times in the Pure Stock division which I didnt believe was correct.. I know when Brad M had the track, Jongen was not allowed to run the #82 PS at that time even for one night, so unless the ruling changed over the past couple years that one befuddles me.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74754#msg74754
Once a king always a king. Once a queen always a queen. Once a knight.......... never enough!!!

Offline blkflagagain

• Series Owner
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 01:36:56 AM »
I dont think the 88 of Mathews will be there after winning Chase for Colors, as that car got pretty twisted up the last night at Barrie. As far as Brandon Watson goes, I had heard hes just running the Pro LM and perhaps the OSCAAR thats why I left him off the list.. But your right both would merit some strong consideration if they appear.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74755#msg74755

Wesley_Motorsports

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 01:43:23 AM »
Amanda's team won the championship fair and square - and by the rules. We had the same possible issue for Kim when her car broke and I was going to run my car instead - with me driving (for one night only) instead - JP said no problem.

Amanda and Kelly had a great season and deserve the championship. Congrats to the entire Balsam racing team.

Smokin-Joe - Kim ran in my old car and I never got my car out this year.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=10660.msg74756#msg74756

HTML ezBlock

site
stats