Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: STECKLY BRINGS CANADIAN TIRE DODGE TO VICTORY LANE  (Read 595 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
STECKLY BRINGS CANADIAN TIRE DODGE TO VICTORY LANE
« on: July 14, 2013, 10:29:54 PM »

SATURDAY JULY 13, 2013, VERNON, BC:    On Saturday night in the first of two events in Western Canada, Scott Steckly driver of the 22 Racing/Canadian Tire Dodge returrned to Victory Lane with his first win of the 2013 season.  The A & W 300 was event number five in the twleve race 2013 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series .schedule.

Practice would see Steckly record the second quickest time of the twenty two cars attempting to make the field.  “Our car was good right off the trailer,” said Steckly after practice.  “We are going to tweek a few things before qualifying, but overall we are pretty satisfied with the way everything is working.”

J.R. Fitzpatrick  recorded the fastest tme during qualifying, with Steckly posting the fourth quickest time which would line him up on the outside of row two for the 300 lap event.  “I probably had a little more speed in the car than I showed, but we were being a little conservative in our qualifying effort.  The car will be good for the race when the sun goes down and the track cools off later tonight,” noted Steckly.

The A & W 300 is the longest event on the NCATS schedule, with tire management and pit stop strategy playing a major role.  This night the strategy employed by the Canadian Tire team would work perfectly.  When the the caution flag waved just after the 100 lap mark, Steckly who was leading the race, brought his Dodge to pit road for enough Sunoco fuel to take him the rest of the distance.  Some teams would also take tires on this stop but the 22 Racing crew decided to wait.  Steckly then fell back in the running order but the team was not worried.  When another caution flag waved just after the half way point, Steckly again brought his car down pit road for some much needed new tires.  After restarting back in the field, he would begin his march back to the front.  On lap 244 Steckly would take the lead for the final time and cruise to victory.

“I just can’t say enough about my team,” said Steckly after the race.  “They just never give up.  We have had a dry spell as far as wins go so this feels really good. To say this is one of my favourite tracks would be an understatement.”  In seven starts at Motoplex Speedway in Vernon, BC, Steckly has posted  three wins, three seconds and one third place finish.

Steckly and his 22 Racing Team fielded three cars in this event, including full time team mate L.P. Dumoulin who finished fifth and took over the Championship point lead and hometown favourite, Kamloops driver Jim White who finished third.  “What an accomplishment for our team and again credit goes to all the great people I have working with me,” commented a smiling Steckly.

The teams now make their way east to Saskatoon’s Auto Clearing Motor Speedway for the next event on Wed. July 17th.

The A & W 300 will air on TSN/TSN2 on Sunday July 21 at 1:30 p.m and on RDS/RDS2 on Sat. Aug 3 at 7 p.m.

Scott Steckly and the 22 Racing Team is supported by the following sponsors:  Canadian Tire, Sylvania, Mobil 1, Erb Group, Johnsonville and AW Millwrights.

For more information on the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series please visit www.nascarhometracks.com

Follow Scott Steckly and his team at www.22racing.ca or on Twitter @ScottSteckly22

For more information please contact:

Linda Jones
(705) 730-4044
ljones@drivenmi.com
www.drivenmi.com
Twitter @DrivenMI1

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=18047.msg108355#msg108355
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: July 14, 2013, 10:29:54 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats