Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Andretti Autosport IZOD IndyCar Series Race Preview: Grand Prix of Long Beach  (Read 977 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
IZOD IndyCar Series
Race Preview: Grand Prix of Long Beach

Ryan Hunter-Reay, No. 1 DHL Chevrolet   
Hunter-Reay, a previous winner on the streets of Long Beach (2010), will look for back-to-back victories this weekend after capturing the checkered flag at the Grand Prix of Alabama two weeks ago.

"I'm really happy to have some much needed momentum going into one of my favorite race events of the year. We'll be looking to follow up a huge win at Barber with another big weekend in Long Beach. As past winners of this race, we know what we need to do to get the job done. Most importantly we need to keep that No. 1 DHL Chevy up towards the front all weekend; consistency is key. Long Beach is such a special race to me and my family for so many reasons. A great result here will go a long way in the fight to defend our championship."

Did You Know: Ryan and his wife Beccy first met in Long Beach in 2004 and consider the street event a home (away from home) town race.

Marco Andretti, No. 25 RC Cola Chevrolet

Andretti, who has recorded consecutive top-10 finishes this year, looks to capitalize on momentum and make Long Beach his first stop in Victory Lane this season.

"Right now, I am hungrier than ever for a win. Stopping in Victory Lane in Long Beach would be a great accomplishment. This is a place with so much family history, that it would be a personal milestone for me. While I am never satisfied with where I am at any given moment,  I feel very confident with my street course progress at this point in my career."

Did You Know: Marco first joined the "family business"  by racing go-karts when he was just nine years old. He worked his way through the ranks and made his IndyCar debut in 2006.

E.J. Viso, No. 5 Team Venezuela PDVSA CITGO Chevrolet

Coming away from the Grand Prix of Alabama 10th in the fight for the championship, Viso heads to the 2013 Grand Prix of Long Beach looking for his first IZOD IndyCar victory as his team currently holds both victories in the 2013 season.

"Heading back into the street courses, it's something that always excites me. I believe that after the good performance, good speed and good weekend that we had in St. Petersburg, we can only find a continuation of that this weekend in Long Beach. Long Beach is a very, very fun place to race. There are fast corners, slow corners and long straights so that always brings a lot of action to the race."

Did You Know: E.J. attended high school at Rolling Hills Prep in San Pedro, CA, a short 15 minute drive from where the Grand Prix of Long Beach is hosted.

James Hinchcliffe, No. 27 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet

Hinchcliffe, who recorded his first career podium in Long Beach (2012), returns to southern California after a frustrating race in Alabama two weeks ago. After making contact on track during the Grand Prix of Alabama, he and the crippled Go Daddy machine were forced to an infield holding area as they awaited a caution that would allow time for the No. 27 to be towed back to the pits. The caution never came and Hinchcliffe spent the remaining 87 laps of the race as an infield spectator.

"I think back to Long Beach a year ago, how much has happened since then, and I'm excited to get back. Obviously, the track has been good to me in the past. But up to last weekend so had Barber (Motorsports Park), so we can't rest too much on that. Starting the season with a win was good, and obviously our street car is quite competitive. Hopefully we can go there, and even though I think we still have some work to do and some ground to make up on some of our competitors, be quick and put together a solid weekend and put the Go Daddy Chevy back on top."

Did You Know: James is an aspiring guitarist and drummer. He owns six guitars including a cherished '64 Fender Strat.

For Immediate Release
(317) 872-2700 x 275
ryann.rigsby@andrettiautosport.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17283.msg107121#msg107121
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats