Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Danny O’Brien Off To Red Hot Start At Brockville Ontario Speedway  (Read 1346 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Danny O’Brien Off To Red Hot Start At Brockville Ontario Speedway

INVERARY, Ont. (June 14, 2016) – Danny O’Brien is off to a red hot start in his defense of the 358 Modified title at Brockville Ontario Speedway. The ‘Pocket Rocket’ has finished all four races so far this season in the top-five, the only driver to accomplish the feat. Most recently, O’Brien finished second last Saturday night.

“It was tough going Saturday night. It rained Friday night and in to the morning, so it was a very fast racetrack,” O’Brien said.

The Inverary, Ont. native started 14th for the 30-lap main event. It was a challenge for the multi-time track champion to come through the 18-car field and avoided an early accident on the way to his runner-up result.

There was a first lap jingle, I got tangled up, but I got out and I didn’t have to come to a stop. We just got plain lucky,” O’Brien said. “We plugged away at it all night. We had a couple of cautions to help us out and we ended up getting second on the last lap.”

The podium finish extended a streak of top-ten finishes to eight consecutive races to start this season. Overall, O’Brien and his team are happy with their start and the momentum they’ve built through the first six weeks of the season.

“So far we have no complaints. We have a little bit of luck on our side and a lot of hard work. We have a good fast racecar and it’s getting us some good results,” O’Brien said, adding the difficult competition at Brockville has kept them on their toes.

“At Brockville there’s half a field that can win on any given night. It’s so hard to come through the pack anymore when anybody can win,” O’Brien commented. “You start back in 14th and it takes a long time to get to the front. There’s so many good cars you can’t pick a winner.”

Through the first month of competition at Brockville, O’Brien has built a comfortable lead atop the 358 Modified standings, but don’t tell him that.

“I don’t talk about points until August. I don’t even want to look at it. I’ve always been the type to race as hard as you can every night and worry about the points in August,” O’Brien said.

O’Brien will race back in to action for a pair of races this weekend with event at Mohawk International Raceway on Friday, June 17 and Brockville on Saturday, June 18. Follow Danny O’Brien’s 2016 season on Facebook by ‘Liking’ his page at facebook.com/DannyOBrienRacing. The Danny O’Brien Racing team will debut a new website in the coming weeks.

Danny O’Brien’s 2016 DIRTcar 358 Modified season is supported by several dedicated corporate sponsors, including: 1000 Islands RV Centre, ATC World Class Trailers, Bob FM, Ambush, Pat’s Auto Centre, Bicknell Racing Products, Heather-Lynn Topping, Integra Shocks, Northwood 2 Construction, and Snap-On Adam Way.

Prepared By Clayton Johns Media
claytonjohns@hotmail.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22735.msg115297#msg115297
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats