Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: FARNHAM SETS THE WHEELS IN MOTION FOR HIS ONLY MAJOR OUTDOOR CONCERT OF THE YEAR  (Read 5208 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
FARNHAM SETS THE WHEELS IN MOTION FOR HIS ONLY MAJOR OUTDOOR CONCERT OF THE YEAR

AUSTRALIAN ROCK LEGENDS FARNHAM AND REYNE DROP IN TO MEET JAMES COURTNEY AND GARTH TANDER AHEAD OF THE SYDNEY TELSTRA 500

Sydney Telstra 500 headliner John Farnham took a break from his schedule to make a visit to the Toll Holden Racing Team’s garage ahead of his much-anticipated performance at the V8 Supercars Championship Saturday night, 3 December,

Garth Tander and James Courtney were on hand to show their hero around their prized V8 Supercars, teaching the Australian rock legend a thing or two about the driving technology.  Farnsy made more than a few life long fans when he declared himself Team Holden.

John Farnham said, “To be able to go through a car, touch one and sit in one without getting shot at, it’s been pretty cool.  All of this at 300km with gloves on, it’s amazing!”

Asked if he was looking forward to his performance at the Sydney Telstra 500 Farnham said,

“That’s going to be fun. It’s a pretty good bill, so if you get a chance, come out and smell the petrol!”

Garth Tander also took the opportunity to introduce Farnham to his wife, fellow racing driver Leanne Tander who only four months ago gave birth to their daughter Scarlett.  Tander said,

“My wife Leanne is a huge John Farnham fan so when I said we were getting some photos done for Sydney with John Farnham she said, “Oh can I come to work?” which is the first time she’s come to the workshop in years!”

James Reyne who will also be revving up the crowd with his unforgettable hits, said on the combination of rock and race,

“I think it's a very good match.  To have, I would like to say, state of the art music, state of the art mechanics, state of the art technology and driving and a state of the art event…I think it’s a really good match up.”

Tander also commented on the Sydney Telstra 500,

“It’s fantastic to have such huge headline acts as John Farnham and James Reyne at the Sydney Telstra 500 event because it’s a new event, an emerging event. The fact that you can get to the event on public transport with your ticket, you can go to a car race, do all of the family stuff and then at night go to a pretty special concert.  It’s not a bad day out.”

Courtney when asked about the Sydney race said,

“Sydney’s been great for me, I won the first year there and last year we wrapped up the Championship there.  It’s a pretty dramatic race, there’s always craziness going on.  The nature of the circuit is really, really harsh and aggressive on the cars.”

When asked about meeting John Farnham, Courtney said, “I’m a long time fan, it was great to meet the man.”

Rarely before have so many Australian greats appeared on the same card and on the same stage in what will be a night to cherish, along with a day of world class motorsport as the V8 Supercars grand final plays out on the track.

One of the country’s legendary bands Hunters & Collectors is reforming for a one-off and once only concert after 13 years and the incredible Noiseworks are also set to rock out! 

A brand new addition to the line-up is Crooked Saint; lead singer Tim Wheatley who is a multi-instrumentalist will be the opening act on the Saturday night.

ARIA Award winning Sydney hip hop sensation Bliss N Eso plus multi platinum selling rock band Jebediah are leading the Friday night concert bill at the Sydney Telstra 500 and we are now pleased to announce that joining them will be two of the country’s most mesmerizing live acts hip hop collective The Herd and rockers Calling All Cars.

Since their inception in 2000, The Herd has built a solid reputation as one of the country’s best live acts. An unconventional set-up, they perform with two MCs, two singers, an acoustic and an electric guitar, bass, piano accordion, clarinet, laptops and MPC and with their thought provoking lyrics it certainly makes them a unique must-see act.

Melbourne rock trio Calling All Cars have been steadily cementing their position on the Aussie live music scene for the past five years. Having toured extensively with their own shows as well as supporting duties for such legendary acts as AC/DC and Queens Of The Stone Age, there is no doubt that this is one band that can truly hold their own on stage.

It’s fair to say that great Aussie rock and motorsport go hand in glove - a partnership that saw 166,723 new and faithful fans head to the Sydney Olympic Park circuit in 2010. 

The Sydney Telstra 500 is three-days of awesome, non-stop entertainment combining a hair-raising street race with two nights of sensational concerts.  But it’s not all about the music.  In 2011, the popular Armor All Auto Show promises to be Australia’s largest private car show with private collectors showing off some priceless vehicles from every part of the country.

From rare cars to cartoons coming to life, car fans of all ages are in for an awesome experience as Disney. Pixar’s CARS Truck Tour makes its final V8 Supercar stop at the Sydney Telstra 500.  A world-first attraction, the CARS Truck Tour is a mobile themed attraction housed both inside and outside of a life-size MACK the Transporter. One not to be missed!

Fans can enjoy it all with the 3-day Rock n’ Race pass for just $133. Public transport is also included with pre purchase ticket on select services from www.ticketek.com.au.  For more information about the race go to www.v8supercars.com.au.

Cole Hitchcock | Media Manager | D +61 7 5630 0315
M 0412 743 097  |  F +61 7 5630 0338 |  P +61 7 5630 0364 |  www.v8supercars.com.au
PO Box 607, Southport BC, QLD, 4215

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=14472.msg98874#msg98874
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats