Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Tire squealing fundraiser for Locke's  (Read 1247 times)

Offline racewoman

• Series Owner
  • He has my whole heart
Tire squealing fundraiser for Locke's
« on: October 23, 2008, 12:03:01 PM »
Local Sports
Home Sports Local Sports Tire squealing fundraiser for Locke's
Posted By Rob Ross, TIMES-JOURNAL STAFF
Posted 48 mins ago

Not often students are allowed to cheer on a car doing doughnuts in the school parking lot.

But both Locke's and Msgr. Morrison elementary schools had the unique experience from professional stock car driver.

Dave Connelly brought his #82 car Dodge Avenger Monday in conjunction with his Schneider's race team's Fuel for Kids program.

St. Thomas A&P was one of 20 stores selected to host Connelly and the store adopted Locke's for the promotion. A free BBQ was provided for all students and staff.

"The school was pretty crazy. It's not too often a race car shows up at a school," said Connelly. "The kids want to see the motor and sit inside. You get all the questions. They ask why doesn't the car have headlights."

As Lightning McQueen from Cars the Movie explains, 'because the track is always lit.'

Connelly later spent four hours Monday afternoon at the Elgin Mall A&P raising funds for Locke's.

Third in the Ontario Sportsman Series this year, Connelly will visit 20 schools in October.

In its fourth year the program has raised more than $70,000 for schools.

The 38-year old driver from Braeside, Ontario, just outside of Ottawa, also has raced in the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series, formerly CASCAR and Formula 1200.

Connelly has two stops remaining on his tour, both 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. today on Fanshawe Road across from Masonville Mall in north London and Friday at the A&P on Bridge St. in Tillsonburg.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this very interesting.....a racer helping out schools.....My son Matthew who was once a stock car racer is in a wheel chair now...there is an elevator at his school but it isn't working and the school board claims they don't have the funding to fix it.

Dave congrats on the work you are doing....you are an awesome man for the work you are doing.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8885.msg59964#msg59964
I will fix the coolant lines...you pick up the supper! Careful watching me cook may give you a heart attack ;)

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: October 23, 2008, 12:03:01 PM »

Offline Bake82

• Series Owner
Re: Tire squealing fundraiser for Locke's
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 12:16:32 PM »
I agree Racewomen!  I think it's an excellent thing for Dave to be doing this!

On a side note:  Glad to hear your son is back at school!  How is he doing after his accident?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8885.msg59965#msg59965

HTML ezBlock

site
stats