Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: NCATS CAYUGA TEST DAY PICTURES, MAY 11TH, 2007  (Read 13362 times)

Offline 3way

• Pit Crew
Re: NCATS CAYUGA TEST DAY PICTURES, MAY 11TH, 2007
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2007, 10:47:33 PM »
I was a bit worried about the new series,but it is imperitive that we support it and encourage others to get on board or face failure. I am 65years young and have been going to races since 1952. I say this because this is the best thing that has happened to Canadian racing since that time. Doubters quit complaining and get on board or you will miss the train.  thank you

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24832#msg24832

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2007, 10:47:33 PM »

Offline oldbill

• Team Owner
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2007, 11:17:41 PM »
I too have been going to the races for a long time.
Pinecrest, in his rants, compares NCATS to NASCAR Canada in the '70's. If I remember correctly, back then NASCAR Canada consisted of Wayne Conroy (manager of Cayuga) getting permission from NASCAR to use the name. Little or no help from Daytona. Back then NASCAR wasn't a 800 lb gorilla either. Not a very good comparison.
From what I read & hear, NCATS seems like the best thing to happen to stock car racing in Canada for a long time. :)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24833#msg24833

Offline Pinecrest

• King of Canadian Racing Online
  • Series Owner
Re: NCATS CAYUGA TEST DAY PICTURES, MAY 1TH, 2007
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 09:24:41 PM »
Since when is it public knowledge to know what the points fund is? I have never posted what the break down of the money is. Mark or Dave I don't see a need as to why you would want to post it. I have a scanner but honestly guys why bother? 

I just got back in town and see several intresting posts on here but this one jumped out and grabbed my attention.

When did CASCAR or NASCAR points or purses become secret ? I am sitting here looking at a several copies of the published purse and points fund  from CASCAR from past years going back to the start of the series . I would think that with the promised 30% to 60% increase in purse  by NASCAR  , they would want to shoot this to every media outlet that would publish it .  Why would the new NASCAR Canadian Tire Series payouts be secret when I can look up anywhere that Jeff Gordon won  $322.386 for winning Darlington  last week or that Brian Vickers got $ 67.382 for finishing 43rd ?  Denny Hamlin got $60.300 for winning the Bush race at Darlington and Morgan Shepherd got 15.758 for his start and park effort in the car that DJ  drove in Mexico. for the record Johnny Mantz got $ 10.510 plus contingencies for winning the first Darlington race in 1950 which almost 60 years later is a little more the Mark  says he got last year for winning a CASCAR race .

Since I don't see a pay out posted here yet ....... well I think most people can figure it out . Racewoman if there is any payout from ANY major series in North America  you would like to see on the net feel free to PM me and I will give you the site address

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24867#msg24867
The opinions expressed here are mine and not necessarily those of CRO or its other members , but should be .

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Re: NCATS CAYUGA TEST DAY PICTURES, MAY 1TH, 2007
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 09:24:41 PM »

Offline racewoman

• Series Owner
  • He has my whole heart
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2007, 12:04:39 PM »
Pinecrest as I said if you really want to know what the payout is, phone the office and ask. They may give it to you they may not. After all you are probably not a registered driver or crew member and therefore they do not need to give it to you.

I really don't care what the payout is. I am not getting my 20%  Are you? Probably not so why worry about it? You seem to be the only one that is. Funny how the ones putting on th eshow are worried about it. Gee me thinks maybe they know there is a purse!! So that should be telling you something. Otherwise there would be no show happening. As Mark said he has a copy of it. Geesh!

Try looking at things with a postive attitude. Smile and someone just may smile back at you.  :)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24882#msg24882
I will fix the coolant lines...you pick up the supper! Careful watching me cook may give you a heart attack ;)

Offline MID

• Nascar / OSS Team Owner
  • Series Owner
    • http://nil
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2007, 08:40:11 PM »
Okay already.
I am going to take the side of Pinecrest on the purse and champ money.
We all thought it was going to be better, and told it would be a 30-60% increase from last year, which by the way is still way to low of a payout when you consider waht teams spend.
Our race cost is really close to the race cost per event for a Truck Team, and that is the amounts of funding that SHOULD BE PAID TO US.
I, as every other team will agree, relize that the corperate funding invested in the CTS deal is a far cry from the same investment made in the USA towards the NASCAR divisions that are at the top level of racing, and that is are biggest concern. If we are going to grow NASCAR Canada and put it on the same playing field as the USA division of NASCAR, we must change the way we do business in racing in Canada, and that is where the future of motorsports in this country needs to be.
We need bigger sponsors, we need more fans, we need smarter teams, we need better tracks or more inprovments to tracks for fans and racers alike, we need more positive media, we need more people on sites like this one talking about it, we need bigger trophy's which will hold more money, and last but not least, we need the race teams, the racing body and the promoters to be on the same page.
Your point about publishing our payouts is well taken, and it would be a little embarressing for us to publish those numbers when you can read for free what our partners down south are making.

Pinecrest, I will give you this one, but only until we can learn to fix it. If you have any suggestions please feel free to fill us all in on your cure, and I mean that in a positive way.     

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24889#msg24889

Offline PLATERMAN

• Pit Crew
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 09:39:59 PM »
Midamerica.  I agree with what your saying, and I am not a racer, owner, I'm just a fan I do know  a couple of owner 's though, and I hope for the sake of owners like you that the money will come. Hopefully companies will get more interested as the year go's along and want to get involved. What really bothers me is the lack of advertising, I live in the Windsor area and the Windsor Star  rarely even mention's  Canadian racing unless beauchamp wins, so lets enjoy the races this year and spread the word the best we can.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24891#msg24891

Offline racewoman

• Series Owner
  • He has my whole heart
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2007, 09:57:36 PM »
I am NOT saying you shouldn't be paid more far from that!...I am saying there is purse money. The money needs to be upped no doubt about that. I agree with you midamerica in so many ways. You make very good points and I hope many sponsors step up and get on board and help up the purse. You drivers put on a great show for the fans. I know the cost behind the racing. I know the hard work, I know the long hours, the sleepless nights working to get the car (cars) ready, the cranky crew at times and I know the reward at the end of the race day.

The thing I agree with the most is that we all need to be on the same page. If we all can get behind NCATS and show our support to current sponsors and new sponsors, and NASCAR it's self it will only help in the long run.  :)

PLATERMAN and anyone else that may call yourself "just a fan" please don't call yourself "just" a fan without fans there would be no racing. You are a FAN. Thank you for being one.

I am going to try to lay this one to rest now....I know everyone here understands what I am saying here. I for one have always backed CASCAR and I will back NCATS the best way I can and that is to promote it.

May 26th Cayuga Speedway I already posted the schedule of events on this board. Go watch the race!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24892#msg24892
I will fix the coolant lines...you pick up the supper! Careful watching me cook may give you a heart attack ;)

Offline racewoman

• Series Owner
  • He has my whole heart
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2007, 10:01:27 PM »
Speaking of Cayuga Speedway They are having a Fan Appreciation Day Saturday May 19th

Schedule Of Events
Cayuga Speedway Park
901 Haldimand Road 20, Hagersville, ON Canada N0A 1H0
Toll Free: !(866) 670-1958

Track Rides
11:00 am - 12:00pm
12:30 pm - 1:30pm
2:00 pm - 3:00pm
3:30 pm - 4:30pm

Hot Laps
12:00 pm - 12:30pm
1:30pm - 2:00pm
3:00pm - 3:30pm
4:30pm - 5:00pm

Speedzone Entertainment
7:00pm Jessica Mitchell
8:00pm King Clancy
9:00pm The Love Daddies
11:00pm End

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24893#msg24893

Offline Pinecrest

• Series Owner
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 05:15:27 AM »
 Midamerica I wont say I told you so because it has to be tough enough to have to start in a new series where you have already been lied to . I would have thought NASCAR would have stepped up to the plate to cover the 30 % to 60 % increase they promised you guys . Its not like NASCAR is cash strapped and could not have done this and like any other business a cash infusion to get things rolling is not unusual .

To steal a quote from someone else who has been following the new series unfold "different circus same clowns"

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24897#msg24897
The opinions expressed here are mine and not necessarily those of CRO or its other members , but should be .

Offline MID

• Nascar / OSS Team Owner
  • Series Owner
    • http://nil
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 08:40:59 AM »
Pinecrest,
One thing I would like to make clear here is, at this point NASCAR has not lied yet.
We were told the increase of 30%-60% would be in our payout purse and the increase was going to be paid based on the fender sponors that support the series.
What the race pays is the tell all sign of exactly what we are racing for and I know your going to say next- Why cant they tell you up front what the race is going to pay ?
Answer- I dont know !!!         
Although, I am sure they are still signing deals for the race so until they say were done raising funds, it is impossable to announce the payout.
Ask next week what the show paid and you will get some straight answers.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24898#msg24898

Offline PLATERMAN

• Pit Crew
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 08:48:06 PM »
Pincrest.
              You obviously have no use for the new Nascar in Canada and that is your choice, but if you have so much against it don't go to the races don't enter a car and stay away from everything associated with it.'No one will care, it won't change a thing, maybe this sounds harsh but I can't figure out why you spend so much time finding the negative points about it, having said that enjoy your summer and any race series you choose to watch, Platerman

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24905#msg24905

Offline PLATERMAN

• Pit Crew
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 09:16:29 PM »
I noticed that if you go to the Canadian Tire on line flyer there is an ad for Nascar Canada with a direct Link to the site, might not sound like much but any advertising is good advertising.
Platerman

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24906#msg24906

Offline Pinecrest

• Series Owner
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2007, 08:07:48 AM »
Pincrest.
              You obviously have no use for the new Nascar in Canada and that is your choice, but if you have so much against it don't go to the races don't enter a car and stay away from everything associated with it.'No one will care, it won't change a thing, maybe this sounds harsh but I can't figure out why you spend so much time finding the negative points about it, having said that enjoy your summer and any race series you choose to watch, Platerman

Your half right . I don't worship at the church of NASCAR  but I was once a true believer in CASCAR  despite differences with the regime that ran the series  The concept of a Canadian based series with  common rules produced some great racing . Al Turner ran the first year of CASCAR with a street stock that was converted to a LM and ran well . Some how everyone I know thats name is Tony that had a vision for lower cost racing with better purses got lost .

With double didget declines in NASCAR attendance this year and the TV ratings at near 20 % off maybe that 800 lb gorilla is about 725 now and I think he weighs even less in metric when he crosses the border  I am not sure why I am suppose to " get behind this series "  above any prior series  but  with a near  .92 cent  dollar  and most places taking at par (like the pit gate)    We all have choices and across the border  is one but I am not sure why you are against putting the facts out there  .

There  is a purse , points , and contingencies program  in most series but I  would hope you don't have to mail in the results to a marketing company  to get your 280 dollars for that widget sticker you ran .  I am still waiting for that 200 buck back rebate on the flat scene from  Christmas .

If you start a nascar Canada cheerleader thread I will not post on it and ruin it for you..

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24911#msg24911

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2007, 12:39:40 AM »
I guess Pinecrest what everyone has been trying to say and you've missed the point is you have the right to choose whichever series to support which is great that you support a series.  Just if you don't like what NCTS is doing before it gets a chance to proove things will change then just don't bother posting negative comments as its just wasting space on these threads.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24926#msg24926

Offline racenut

• Series Owner
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2007, 09:26:54 AM »
I think sometimes people get caught up too much with the "boardroom" side of sports. When a sport or team starts preaching the "we're a business" mantra, I get a bit concerned. They seem to forget that they are in the business to entertain. If their product isn't entertaining, people will stop buying their product. When I go to a racetrack, I hope to see an entertaining show. I usually don't worry about the logistics of making it happen. I've seen a lot of racing over the years (I'm 42, and have been going to races all my life) , different series, different tracks, different types of cars. I've always felt that the CASCAR shows were some of the best promoted, fan friendly, and best appearing events in Canadian racing. NASCAR or CASCAR, I don't care what it's called as long as it's enjoyable. If NASCAR/CASCAR type of racing is not for you, there are plenty of other options in motorsports to choose from. Pick something that appeals to you and have fun. I also think a lot of track promoters could take a page out of the Humpy Wheeler handbook as to how to put on a show. Sure, a lot of things he does are over the top, but he always strives to entertain the fans. And, yes, I am a self confessed Nascar junkie, but I also enjoy a wide variety of motorsports and attend a lot of local racetracks. It's a short racing season in Canada, so try and make the most out it and have fun, or why bother? Speaking of fun. I'm going to start a NASCAR CANADA Cheerleader thread and dedicate it to Pinecrest.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6017.msg24935#msg24935

HTML ezBlock

site
stats