Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Sunset Results August-16th  (Read 12534 times)

Offline Drive32

• Team Owner
Re: Sunset Results August-16th
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »
The 15's hit. If that was in any other class he would've walked away from that.. Cages and race seats guys.... And add fire suits.

Racing rim on the right front. You can get some real grip on the track, and those wheels are loaded like crazy. Its a matter of time until someone breaks a rim and heads full out into the wall, without a cage and racing seat. I don't want to say I told you so on that one...

Correct me anybody if I am mistaken (anybody), but I thought that 15 has/had a cage in it (or at least half a cage or some sort of door bars...)?

Racing rims would be illegal, we are suppose to be completely stock, thought I'm sure most of us would wish that racing rims came stock. hahaha! Though with all the changes going on with this class I wouldn't be surprised if that was the next big thing to happen to us. Remember, we are allowed cages and racing seats now. I just don't know anybody who has actually switched over to the racing seat. Personally, I won't bother, I've been t-boned a few times, and have been hit head-on, I don't have a cage. My car is just a tank... not to say that I haven't been hurt or felt sore afterwards... but it happens.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg50988#msg50988

Miss Sunset knows how to neuter.
Don't mess with the new car. =)

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »

Offline daisygirl818

• Series Owner
  • Out Picking WILDFLOWERS!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »
Good night of racing.

You guys seems to be missing the point of  safty in the 4-funs. I posted a while back on that. At that time, having not seen your 4-fun class, I was assuming they sucked (a class of them out this way does). They were actually really good, that was some hard racing and quick speeds. Having seen it first hand, its just plain nuts not to have more safty in those cars. Last night was the perfect example..

69 on the roof, he scubed off a lot of speed going up into the wall with the other cars, then he scrubbed off more speed bouncing off the wall. Then with his realitivly gentle roll, it caved in the front of the roof. Bit harder of a roll and that would been caved right in on him. You all saw how long ti takes to get cut out of a car last night. Time for full 4 point cages. $230 from CSC, isn't your life worth that?

The 15's hit. If that was in any other class he would've walked away from that.. Cages and race seats guys.... And add fire suits.

Oh another one. Racing rim on the right front. You can get some real grip on the track, and those wheels are loaded like crazy. Its a matter of time until someone breaks a rim and heads full out into the wall, without a cage and racing seat. I don't want to say I told you so on that one...

Don't remove the mirror, all that is going to happen is a car is going to cut down on someone entering the corner under them.

Great night tho. Had a lot of fun. Lots of great people and racing there.
Ross I agree safety is and should always come first but you have to understand that the 69 car has rolled over before and caught fire twice THIS SEASON!!! The fact is that while it looked bad the driver got out walked around uninjured...Fact is they fipped the car back over and if not for the roof I am sure he would have been back out on that track...

I hope that BOB is okay as I never want to see someone injured and though I am glad that all of the pomp and circumstance with the ambulance and firetrucks was a precaution I am glad that they took the time to ensure he was okay. That car the 15 was one of the oldest in the class and obviously built to withstand all the bumps and crashes along the way. I don't believe that the injury that He suffered has anything to do with the safety of the car. He is still alive no broken bones and probably will be back racing in no time. That in itself says something to safety.
Any time there is a collision like the 15 received back injures just like in a on road traffic accident is a concern legit or not. So any time that someone says that their neck maybe sore or stiff the roof comes off I have seen it first hand myself....
I am glad that you had a great time at the track I hope that you return perhaps the FROSTY if it is reinstated I am working on that one.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg50989#msg50989
Support the Dream and the WINNERS will follow.
You can bring a RACER to the track but Can't make him RACE!

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 01:04:50 PM »
Come on guys. Sorry but use your brain, those responses were not...

The "its worked for me this long" just means you've got lucky.

For goodness sake, you've seen the problems 1st hand last night..

I don't care what the 15's car did or didn't have or why he was hurt. The fact is HE WAS. If he had bars in the door, I would say the seat was the problem. A regular seat will not hold you in place, for the 4 point harness to secure you. ect ect ect. It happened right before your eyes!! Look at the thunder feature crash, MUCH harder and everyone walked.

For an extreme example, if the 15 was in a CUP car. You think he would've gotten even a bruise??

Racing seats.. I have 3. Haven't paid for that 50 bucks for one...
Roll cage.. $230 new, or buy a scrap car and cut one out..
How does the comerical go... For that there is visa.. For your life.. priceless???

For YOUR sake and racing sake. Spend the extra time and money.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg50992#msg50992
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 01:04:50 PM »

Offline Drive32

• Team Owner
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 01:17:43 PM »
Come on guys. Sorry but use your brain, those responses were not...

The "its worked for me this long" just means you've got lucky.

For goodness sake, you've seen the problems 1st hand last night..

I don't care what the 15's car did or didn't have or why he was hurt. The fact is HE WAS. If he had bars in the door, I would say the seat was the problem. A regular seat will not hold you in place, for the 4 point harness to secure you. ect ect ect. It happened right before your eyes!! Look at the thunder feature crash, MUCH harder and everyone walked.

For an extreme example, if the 15 was in a CUP car. You think he would've gotten even a bruise??

Racing seats.. I have 3. Haven't paid for that 50 bucks for one...
Roll cage.. $230 new, or buy a scrap car and cut one out..
How does the comerical go... For that there is visa.. For your life.. priceless???

For YOUR sake and racing sake. Spend the extra time and money.

Maybe I am just lucky, for the last 4 years.... Hmm. It didn't happen right before my eyes, I believe I was on the otherside of the track when it all happened.
And It's not that I am disagreeing with anything you are saying. Racing seats are awesome, cages are even better. But I know that belts (4-point or 5.) tightened as tight as comfortable will hold you in too. I'd like to argue that in Thunders a lot of people that drive those are experienced moreso than we are, but it wouldn't be valid to compare.

Bob getting hurt is a horrible and sad thing that happened for our class. Worse things have happened, I'm sure. And yes, having a racing seat, and a cage and every other safty thing in the book helps, and if I were to be running 4fun all over again, knowing now what I didn't know when I started, yeah I'd put a cage in there, but I didn't and I've been hurt along my racing journey. But even in a CUP car guys get hurt.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg50995#msg50995

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 01:42:35 PM »
Experience has nothing to do with it, when you are crashing. When you are beyond the point of recovery, it doesn't matter, if you are Dale or its your 1st night out. Thats where safety and only safety saves your but. Experience will keep you out of a wreck but thats it. I've yet to see anyone that good enough to run without safety.

The regular seat WILL NOT hold you. 4 points do nothing to hold you from slipping sideways. Once you go sideways, the belts cannot hold you. Slip off your shoulders, slip off the seat ect. Just because you cannot move yourself, doesn't mean that the 100X greater force exerted in a crash will not move you. Racing seats have support on the side that cup you into the seat so the belts can do their job. For your regualar seat to work any other way, they don't have to be snug they'd have to break your bones tight.

Way I see it 4-funs were designed to be a joke. I thought they were a joke. Hence the lack of safety. What a saw, WAS REAL RACING.. You might be 10-20 mph less than thunder.. Performance in that class has been stepped up, time to step up the safety..

P.S. If experience mattered, shouldn't it be the late model guy running without safety and the 4 funs with all the safety available?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51001#msg51001
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

Offline Bake82

• Series Owner
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »
I'm with ross on this one. 

IMO if you can't afford $230 for a cage, 50-100 for a race seat, and 1-200 for a single layer racing suit....you SHOULDN'T be racing.  Racing is expensive, and if you can't afford to be SAFE, you shouldn't be doing it.  I realize some ppl can't weld(myself included) but I have talked to a few people about who build cages and they said max you're looking 500 to weld it in.  I think it's feasable to have a 44fun on the track for less than a grand and be safe.  I honestly don't think $1000 is too much to be safe in a race car.  Racing isn't a cheap sport, but you should be as safe as possible!!

I saw a 4 cyl driver get taken away in a helicopter last year from an accident and he had a full cage, seat and belts.  If that was in a 44fun, without a cage, he is dead, no questions asked, we are less 1 driver. 

Even all the safety equipment can't keep you 100% safe, but why take the chance and not be as safe as you can??

Just my 2 cents.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51004#msg51004

Offline Drive32

• Team Owner
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 01:56:21 PM »
I think you are misunderstanding what I mean to say. I'm not saying experienced drivers should be running without saftey.

Maybe because I am small and my belts are pretty tightly fastened and I just know how to sit myself in my car to the point where I don't move I don't think I've ever moved fron my seat when I've been hit or slide sideways.... but that's just not from what I recall... maybe there's head injury hahahah (jokes.) But again, you may not know how we all sit into our own seperate stock seats, and as an outsider you can say that we move around in our seats and that the force of impact will move us. I just know I haven't. Maybe some guys out there don't tighten their belts properly, who knows, I just know I do (fasten, tighten and buckle up properly) and I don't move. I know what a racing seat looks like and what it's designed to do.

Yes, our performance is gradually getting better, which is why they they are instating the racing seats and cages. It'll happen, it's just slow.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51005#msg51005

Offline Doherty

• Series Owner
    • http://racechaser.cjb.net
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 02:01:19 PM »
Ok Ross is absolutely right, and Ashley he was figuratively speaking about it happening before your eyes. Is there a need for more safety???? YES!!!!!! Is there such a thing as being to Safe???????? NO!!!!!!!!!!. Now cages and seats are a great idea, I have yet to say no or bad talk this idea. Now the 15 is my old car. That car doesn't have a full cage but has probably the closest thing to a cage in the division. I always felt safe in it. Now the difference between me and Bob is probably about half a foot and close to 100lbs on me, he didn't have much room. Now if these cars had cages and seats then problem solved, adjust the seat mount and get a proper sized seat and boom problem solved. So thats my view on that. And so far luck has been on alot of peoples sides in this division and for the rest of the year i hope it stays there.

Next up on the note of Four Funs.....I would like to Personally thank everyone in that division who Complained there sponsors were not getting enough viewing time and that they wanted to race in front of fans and not race at the end of the night. Because of you our night ran till 1230 or so and we had to miss out on proper Thunder Car driver introductions and had the late model feature cut 10 laps short.
Also I would like to Thank those out there racing who were not using there heads and were trying to commit murder by causing these accidents for the love of god never move out of this division, I never want to see you people travel at a higher speed, it hurts thinking I share a road daily with you people.

Now my question is where did the Paramedics go ???  I'm sitting in the stands and I receive a text message from a friend saying she and 3 others were filling in because they had there first aid and CPR training and they had no idea where the Paramedics went. So now where did this situation go wrong ??? Where were the speedway paramedics ???  

Now besides that it was a great night of racing, the Thunder drivers were awsome with one caution being created by a lapped car that does not understand lane choice(never mind its a trick comment your a lapped car there is no choice get low and stay there) Besides that there was great racing all the way through. I know Doucette got tangled in the wreck and managed from the back to I believe 4th in the end. Reynes had a great run as did Charlie Smith, gotta say that his best run this year even picking up a heat win. But The Cheque Casher Herb Walters was doing what the Team Shirts read Putting on the Show and Taking the $$$$$$$$$$.

Late models great racing again, your top 3 in points nose to tail for the last 5 laps or so it was some good racing getting to the front, to bad the race was shortened by 10 laps. It was nice to see CRO`s blackmagic come out and run, Tim seemed like he had alota fun and was even nice enough to be walking through the stands giving glow sticks away to some of the younger fans in attendance, hope you come visit again and hope to see you at the 300.

I hope Bob is doing well and maybe if hes on here and has news Wild Bill can give us an update on Bobs condition.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51008#msg51008
"The Rain Man" Brendan Doherty

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 02:15:50 PM »
Next up on the note of Four Funs.....I would like to Personally thank everyone in that division who Complained there sponsors were not getting enough viewing time and that they wanted to race in front of fans and not race at the end of the night. Because of you our night ran till 1230 or so and we had to miss out on proper Thunder Car driver introductions and had the late model feature cut 10 laps short.

I'd disargee (don't I always LOL). I think they complimented the night. I'm saying that after I got home at 3:00, had my introduction cut short, and hate crappy racing (which I assumed the 4-funs would be). I was at the fence at 12:30 watching thier "B". That about say it all.

Take awaying bring the ambulance and fire department to the track, because they've made the cars safe... Then the night would've run great. No Bob in the hospital, night doesn't run that late.. Win win for everyone...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51013#msg51013

Offline Doherty

• Series Owner
    • http://racechaser.cjb.net
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 02:22:28 PM »
I have raced in the division full time and part time since 2004 and its never been this bad with trying to block and spinning and bumping and just plain disregard for your fellow racer. Last year I ran 22 nights and never replaced a body panel, never smashed the car up because most nights everyone ran with respect, now you have people out there treating this like its your local go kart track and there on a 20 lap rental. If people didn't complain and four funs just ran last then everyone would have stayed to see the thunder car and late model features instead people left and didn't get to see the show they paid for.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51017#msg51017
"The Rain Man" Brendan Doherty

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 02:35:04 PM »
Problem is, the plan was the run 38 thunders in the feature. Had that happened, or even with the number out there, it could've been a wreckfest, taking up too much time so the others couldn't run. I would've put my money on that happening.

I see your point, it was a shame that it ran late.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51024#msg51024

Offline Drive32

• Team Owner
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »
I'd disargee (don't I always LOL). I think they complimented the night. I'm saying that after I got home at 3:00, had my introduction cut short, and hate crappy racing (which I assumed the 4-funs would be). I was at the fence at 12:30 watching thier "B". That about say it all.

I'm glad you enjoyed watching us :)

And with Brendan's comments, I am so glad I don't have sponsors to please... and I'm glad I make the feature every night and it doesn't matter when that feature happens.

WTF with the paramedics. >:(

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51025#msg51025

Offline Kahnefreak

• Melson Mafia
  • Series Owner
  • Melson Racing
    • http://www.piczo.com/gpsracing
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 02:39:44 PM »
Just want to say thanks to Ross Evans for giving us some candy to hand out to the kids. Class act that team is!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51028#msg51028
"2nd place is just the first loser"

Offline flybyya8

• Track Owner
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 02:47:40 PM »
 They should mandate aluminum seats and csc type center sections. Cheap and its not like a wear and tear item, I think headrests should also be manditory in all divisions.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51033#msg51033

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 02:51:08 PM »
Just want to say thanks to Ross Evans for giving us some candy to hand out to the kids. Class act that team is!

Thanks. But there is another person to thank. The candy was from 09 of Dan Price. He's had some bad luck this year and couldn't make this invitational because of a wedding. He passed on the candy to us to hand out.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8166.msg51035#msg51035

HTML ezBlock

site
stats