Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Team Turner Racing Rolls To Pair of Top-10s In Week Two at Ohsweken  (Read 674 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(289) 314-5186 | claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com 

Team Turner Racing Rolls To Pair of Top-10s In Week Two at Ohsweken

CAISTOR CENTRE, Ont. – May 30, 2018 – Team Turner Racing was back in action this weekend with all three Sprint Cars on track at Ohsweken Speedway on Friday night. Cory Turner led the way aboard his KT Tobacco No.97 with a second-place finish while Ryan Turner claimed a 10th-place finish in his Mudcat Entertainment Centre No.91 for the second straight week. Jamie Turner was came home 16th aboard the Charlie Bee Honey No.11.

Cory’s second-place finish came after starting fourth on the grid and making his way into second in the opening five laps. After a lap nine restart, Cory stuck with leader Dylan Westbrook and pressured him for the lead over several laps.

“I was really happy with the car,” Turner said. “On the restarts, we were all over him. Then he moved up in to our lane and I pushed in one corner and he got probably 8 to 10 car lengths that corner and I couldn’t get back to his tail tank again. Second two weeks in a row, it’s not winning, but we’re right there.”

Ryan also had a decent night with a fifth-place finish in his qualifying heat race before lining up 10th for the main event. He ultimately finished in the same spot as he started to record the top-10 result.

“I just adjusted too much for the Feature,” Ryan explained. “I tried something new and it didn’t really work. The car felt like a Monster Truck. We were too tight on entry.”

Jamie Turner was also in action and continues to make gains on his Charlie Bee Honey No.11 ride. He drove to a 16th-place result on the night.

On Saturday, Ryan and Jamie travelled east to Brighton Speedway to battle the Southern Ontario Sprints. Both drivers made adjustments to improve after Friday night’s race and were happy with their cars in Hot Laps before the race was rained out.

“We went to Brighton and we were actually really happy in Hot Laps,” Ryan said. “The car was really fast and could go all over the track. It was too bad it rained.”

“We ran Hot Laps and the car felt really good,” Jamie echoed. “I’ve had the car out a couple of times at Merrittville and at Brighton and it felt really good, so I’m just waiting for a smoother track at Ohsweken. I changed the car to go after the bumps at Ohsweken and I definitely went the wrong way. We’ll be better this week for sure.”

While Ryan and Jamie were at Brighton, Cory travelled southwest to Ohio for a pair of races with NRA Sprint Invaders on Saturday at Fremont Speedway and Sunday at Waynesfield Raceway Park. An opening lap incident ended his night early on Saturday night. On Sunday, Cory fell one spot short of qualifying for the main event after a hard-fought fifth-place effort in the B-Main.

“It was definitely a learning experience,” Cory said. “I’d like to go back in June. I haven’t had much success (at Waynesfield), but it’s still one of my favourite racetracks. It’s wide, it’s racey and it’s a real driver’s track. I think learning what we learned, it’s going to help us if we ever go to any of the ASCS National Events or even if we go to Eldora at the end of the year on that same tire. It’s going to make us a lot better.”

Prior to this weekend’s action, the Burger Barn Racing team announced Ryan Turner will join their team to drive the Burger Barn, Aitken  Motors, Kingpin Farms and Ace 1 Construction sponsored ride at Ohsweken for the remainder of the 2018 season.

“I’m very excited for this new opportunity,” Ryan said. “I want to thank Jason Hill and his family for letting me join the Burger Barn Racing team. I’m excited to work with Gord and the rest of the team.”

Catch Ryan, Cory and Jamie all in action this Friday, June 1 at Ohsweken on Auto Parts Centres night featuring NASCAR Legend Ken Schrader racing with the UMP Modifieds. For additional information, visit www.ohswekenspeedway.ca.

SEASON STATS
11 Jamie Turner – 2 Starts: 0 Wins, 0 Top-5s, 0 Top-10s
91 Ryan Turner – 2 Starts: 0 Wins, 0 Top-5s, 2 Top-10s
97 Cory Turner – 4 Starts: 0 Wins, 2 Top-5s, 2 Top-10s

TEAM TURNER MEDIA
Facebook: facebook.com/TeamTurnerRacing
Twitter: @11TeamTurner19
YouTube: Youtube.com/RacingTeamTurner

MAILING LIST
Join the Team Turner Racing mailing list by emailing claytonjohnsmedia@gmail.com with the subject “Turner” to be added to the list.

TEAM TURNER PARTNERS
Team Turner Racing is proud to partner with several dedicated marketing partners for the 2018 race season, including KT Tobacco, Charlie-Bee Honey, Mudcat Entertainment Centre, Braemar Building Systems, Pyett Spring & Alignment, DSE Performance, Gale's Auto Aftermarket, Plazek Auto Recyclers, Malabar Super Spice, V&R Recycling, Country Event Services, JNE Recovery, Skyway Lawn Equipment, Total Coatings, KT Gas & Convenience, Six Nations Bingo, Silo Wireless, CJ Mulholland Mattress Factory, Truck Toppers, iC Super Computers, Silverdale Gun Club, Bryan's Farm Supply, Beamer Farms, The Powerhouse, Hitchman Trailers, Barlow Farms, Mac Tools, V&R Hose & Hydraulics, RCM Racing Equipment, JLB Mobile Mechanical, Tetra-Chem Industries, Wix Filters, Mayhew Graphics, ImageFactor.ca, and Clayton Johns Media.

About Clayton Johns Media: Clayton Johns Media provides smart motorsports media solutions through affordable public relations services, including professional press releases, social media management and training, and website maintenance. Whether you’re a grassroots team racing at your local track or a professional team travelling with a national tour, Clayton Johns Media can build a package tailored to your needs. Visit us online at claytonjohnsmedia.com, on Twitter, on Facebook or send us an Email for more information.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26070.msg118637#msg118637
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats