Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Busy Month of July for Lonnie Sommerville Starts This Weekend at Speedway 660  (Read 1420 times)

Online CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Busy Month of July for Lonnie Sommerville Starts This Weekend at Speedway 660

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tex Motorsports Marketing

www.texmotorsports.com

Saint John, NB, Canada 7/5/10- The month of July will be a busy month for Lonnie Sommerville Racing as they will get back to consistent racing action all starting this weekend at Speedway 660 in Geary, New Brunswick. Sommerville’s associate sponsor, Max 1 Advanced Synthetic Oil, will be the title sponsor of the 100 lap race making the event a priority to win in front of his long time sponsor. The race will be the first of four in the month of July with the other three all coming in a seven day span.

“This is a race that’s pretty important to my team because we all have a lot of family and friends in attendance plus a majority of our sponsors are based near Speedway 660. With us racing outside of Canada a lot this year it’s going to be important to have a good showing when we do race in our backyard,” said Sommerville. “Plus we are doing a company ride-a-long in our new Lonnie Sommerville Racing, two-seated NASCAR Nationwide car with the folks from Coastal Blending and Packaging. I know if I don’t win I’ll hear about it from everyone in the entire company on Monday after the race.”

The PASS North race at Speedway 660 back on June 12th was Sommerville’s last outing behind the wheel of his #23 A.E. McKay Builders/Pub’s Bottle Exchange Chevy Impala, but that’s not the last time he’s visited his home track. Sommerville has been there on a weekly basis calling the shots for super late model driver Matt Harris who is competing for the track championship in 2010. Even though luck hasn’t played to Harris’ advantage the local driver has had fast race cars each and every week all being setup by Sommerville himself.

“Racing every week with Matt (Harris) at 660 should help out; it definitely can’t hurt, that’s for sure. Even though I’m not out there racing myself I can pick up not only how the track conditions change and what changes you need to make to the car, but I’ve also notice peoples’ driving habits that you don’t necessarily notice behind the wheel. If I can just focus on getting my car good and then help Matt tune his car in for a longer race than he normally runs, I think there’s a good chance that Lonnie Sommerville Racing might have a good night at the track,” added the two time Peterbilt 250 winner.

The Max 1 Advanced Synthetic Oil 100 is set to kick off Saturday night at 7pm. For more information visit www.speedway660.com for all the latest news and results.

For all the latest news and information regarding Lonnie Sommerville in 2010 visit his website at www.lonniesommerville.com. For public relations and website information contact Chris Ragle with Tex Motorsports Marketing at cragle02@yahoo.com or call 704-706-3666.

Chris Ragle
TEX Motorsports Marketing/Pro Photo Productions
www.texmotorsports.com
www.prophotoproductions.com
Email: cragle02@yahoo.com
Office: 704-706-3666
Cell: 940-393-3167

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11722.msg84204#msg84204
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats