Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Who Killed the Sunset Four Funs???????????  (Read 17608 times)

Offline marcisfan

• Track Owner
Re: Who Killed the Sunset Four Funs???????????
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »

Wes' comment was poorly written. The point was NOT what someone does for a living, the point was they are a pissed off ex-employee. That is a VERY valid point...

That he mentioned their job, I beleive was out of frustration. You have a secure job, I have to run a buiness, that you are attacking out of revenge....

Bit more clear and relevant eh?

Not at all.  Let's stretch it a bit and say you are right, the first time it was done out of frustration.  It was then brought up in a second post.

As far as the attack of the business goes out of revenge, you may see that, I don't.  As far as being an ex-employee, I don't beleive that Mark was ever employed by Wes in any capacity. 

As a track owner, or businessman of any type, Wes can only lose by reacting to a post about his business.  Particularly a business where someone is generally going to be pissed of at any given time.  Look at this thread, there are people that will not be going back.  I am one of those people. 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51855#msg51855

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »

Offline Hardcore Racing

• Series Owner
    • http://www.sprintprinting.on.ca/jtracing
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2008, 01:06:08 PM »
A perfect Wes post would be to start a new thread and make mention of the 4 funs. Post the true facts of what is required and how there is a meeting this weekend at 5:00 with him. So far every notice given to these drivers has been hearsay, gossip and rumours. It was told to staff to tell anybody you see about the changes. After you play broken telephone these poor drivers will be hearing all kinds of crap and how much of that will be true.

As far a our infamous Ross Evans goes (every board has a Ross Evans) how can you even post what you did about Mark (SSWebguy). I read your posts and I got the safety in the 4 fun thing you were talking about but this you know nothing about. In fact I would say the only people that know all the facts about Marks life is him and his wife which is how it should be.

Mark is no bitter employee. At one point Mark was the go to guy at Sunset, not his job description just a visible, helpful guy. He greeted me when I was there my first time with my first car and welcomed me. If I had any question he would run with it and get me the answers. His job at the time was to take pictures and do the website. Mark left as he had a full plate but nothing was bitter. He got and gets along with the former owner and got and gets along with drivers. He has posted on this forum because he knows what is involved and knows some of the things going on plus he cares about racing.

I know I stuck my nose in here talking on behalf of Mark but I just can't listen to things being assumed like this. Don't worry about Mark and don't worry about the 4 funs we are all going to be ok.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51857#msg51857
Harold - JT Racing - #42 four cylinder
2004 Sunset Speedway Track Champion

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2008, 02:05:43 PM »
Everyone is frustrated.. its how they respond that matters. 2 examples

JT-Racing - He's frustrated, but as you will see in his post, he's offering solutions, and suggestions on how to fix/improve things.

Mark - 100% negative. taking shots at a lady doing the scoreing, without making a sugestion on how to improve it, when he dosn't even run a car at the track.

There are people on here with an agenda. An agenda to get revenge. Mark is one of those people. Clearly he has worked for the track... And clearly he was asked not to work at the track. Clearly he had his feelings hurt, and wants to take it out negatively on the track.

JT-Racing, becareful who you side with... You can get a wolf in sheep's cloths sometimes...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51866#msg51866
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2008, 02:05:43 PM »

Offline Scott

• Series Owner
    • the dizzy pub
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2008, 02:49:43 PM »
I think these topics about the 4funs are becoming a little redundant, don't ya think?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51872#msg51872
Call Me Crazy But I love The3Tards

Offline marcisfan

• Track Owner
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2008, 02:58:10 PM »

JT-Racing - He's frustrated, but as you will see in his post, he's offering solutions, and suggestions on how to fix/improve things.

Mark - 100% negative. taking shots at a lady doing the scoreing, without making a sugestion on how to improve it, when he dosn't even run a car at the track.

There are people on here with an agenda. An agenda to get revenge. Mark is one of those people. Clearly he has worked for the track... And clearly he was asked not to work at the track. Clearly he had his feelings hurt, and wants to take it out negatively on the track.

Well Ross, on the positive side this post proves what many have suspected......that you have no idea what you are talking about.  "Clearly Mark was asked not to work at the track".....You could not be further off base.  Why don't you make some calls to some people who might actually know, Glenn would be one of them.  But no, you chose to come up with your own (false) conclusions.  On the other hand, as someone has already pointed out, every forum has a Ross Evans and this last post proves that point.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51873#msg51873

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2008, 04:44:30 PM »

JT-Racing, becareful who you side with... You can get a wolf in sheep's cloths sometimes...

This is pitiful...i am staying out of this as best I can, but from just reading this..Ross, seriously dude, you need to chill and quit with posting the same Come on Thayne you know better think every post...you are obviously trying to drive up your post count...this is not the proper way to get respect on here.

MArk is nothing but a standup guy with anything but a grudge...he is a sunset fan, or was...I have talked to many racers off of here and they are of the same opinion and many have a much stronger opinion....

just go work on ur car, seeing as it is REALLLY tough to run two tracks so u must have work to do on it...I will nt reply, I am done with u....Evan, do we have an ignore feature on thsi forum? It would be handy!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51884#msg51884
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 08:19:19 PM by Thunder6 »

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2008, 05:48:21 PM »

Well Ross, on the positive side this post proves what many have suspected......that you have no idea what you are talking about.  "Clearly Mark was asked not to work at the track".....You could not be further off base.  Why don't you make some calls to some people who might actually know, Glenn would be one of them.  But no, you chose to come up with your own (false) conclusions.  On the other hand, as someone has already pointed out, every forum has a Ross Evans and this last post proves that point.

Wes clearly said he fired the guy. Wes owns the track.

Atleast come out and say Wes lied about it, if you really want to make your point.

But I will agree on something, this is a waste of time, and after today I don't give a flying %&&#%^. Sink Sunset and sink yourselves.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51895#msg51895
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

Offline marcisfan

• Track Owner
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2008, 06:39:42 PM »
OK, if Wes claims that he fired Mark, then he did in fact lie about it.  Mark did the website and photos A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO!!!  Wes bought the track THIS YEAR!  Here is a post that is written in your style:

There are people on CRO that don't know what they are talking about.  They think they do.  Ross Evans is one of those people.  Clearly he thought that he knew what he was talking about.  Clearly he doesn't even know who Mark is.  Clearly Ross knows nothing about the subject, and will no longer continue to post in this thread because he has been exposed as uneducated and misinformed!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51899#msg51899

Offline Doherty

• Series Owner
    • http://racechaser.cjb.net
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2008, 06:41:51 PM »
LOL congrats you fail.....Mark never worked for Wes......Mark ended his tenure at Sunset at the end of the 2006 season....and Wes purchased the speedway this year not in 2006. So let me go get my Delorean and fire up the flux capacitor just to make the story happen the way you want.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51900#msg51900
"The Rain Man" Brendan Doherty

Offline danno428cj

• Rookie Driver

Offline winston

• Pit Crew
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2008, 07:30:29 PM »

Offline polishprince12

• Series Owner
  • 2010-2011 Track Champion
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2008, 07:42:35 PM »
talk about wasting time, how long can this 4 fun crap go on?if the guy works for the opp then give him a break, I'M SURE he hates it anyway, i know i did when i worked there, and what does this poopy have to do with racing at all. the same posts over and over for 20 some pages and 3 or 4 topics..............hello moderators!!!!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51910#msg51910

Offline Thunder6

• Don't mess with Tex
  • Series Owner
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2008, 08:15:55 PM »
If people want to keep talking about this subject, repeating themselves several times, there isn't anything I can do about it Jim. If I lock it or remove it, it will just come back again.

As to what I said before, if it wasn't clear enough, I asked those conducting personal attacks on others to stop those attacks. This is not a forum to attack someone for where they work. If two parties who used to work at the Speedway wish to engage in a dispute about who did that job better then that is their choice... Although I think that PM would be a better choice for this, sparing the rest of us the misery of having to listen to that argument...

As for you Ross, I use this site as a member most of the time. I also have volunteered to be a moderator, and occasionally I have to interject in that capacity. I try to do my job as objectively as possible, and I tend to be fairly lenient with members here. I let a LOT of stuff go... in the interest of allowing people to express themselves openly.

I understand that some Four Fun drivers are not very happy about things happening at Sunset Speedway, but unfortunately I don't think endless posts about it here will change anything. As I suggested those persons that feel they have been wronged should address the proper people, namely Sunset Speedway.

The nice thing about this site is that we have members who are drivers, crew, fans, staff, owners, sponsors... basically everyone involved in the racing. Most of the time this is a positive thing. Right now it may be causing some problems with the issues being discussed.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51914#msg51914
"Dont be BEECH! And as always comrades, have nice day" fpsrussia

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2008, 08:22:26 PM »
If people want to keep talking about this subject, repeating themselves several times, there isn't anything I can do about it Jim. If I lock it or remove it, it will just come back again.

As to what I said before, if it wasn't clear enough, I asked those conducting personal attacks on others to stop those attacks. This is not a forum to attack someone for where they work. If two parties who used to work at the Speedway wish to engage in a dispute about who did that job better then that is their choice... Although I think that PM would be a better choice for this, sparing the rest of us the misery of having to listen to that argument...

As for you Ross, I use this site as a member most of the time. I also have volunteered to be a moderator, and occasionally I have to interject in that capacity. I try to do my job as objectively as possible, and I tend to be fairly lenient with members here. I let a LOT of stuff go... in the interest of allowing people to express themselves openly.

I understand that some Four Fun drivers are not very happy about things happening at Sunset Speedway, but unfortunately I don't think endless posts about it here will change anything. As I suggested those persons that feel they have been wronged should address the proper people, namely Sunset Speedway.

The nice thing about this site is that we have members who are drivers, crew, fans, staff, owners, sponsors... basically everyone involved in the racing. Most of the time this is a positive thing. Right now it may be causing some problems with the issues being discussed.

Well thunder, no disrespect but it's all yours ;)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51916#msg51916

Offline Thunder6

• Don't mess with Tex
  • Series Owner
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2008, 08:29:38 PM »
No disrespect taken, Ross. I spend a lot of time here (as do many people here apparently ;D) and I have tried to make this a better place for all of the members.

And yeah some days I don't like being the zookeeper, but most aren't too bad  ;)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8191.msg51917#msg51917
"Dont be BEECH! And as always comrades, have nice day" fpsrussia

HTML ezBlock

site
stats