Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Solaris Motorsport at work to rebuild the Vantage GT3  (Read 735 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Solaris Motorsport at work to rebuild the Vantage GT3
« on: April 05, 2017, 12:33:12 PM »
Pescara, Italy - Solaris Motorsport technicians are racing against the time to rebuild the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 destroyed in the huge crash at Paul Ricard circuit, while Francesco Sini was at the wheel of the English coupè. The new chassis arrived at the workshop of the Italian team some days ago, allowing the Solaris technicians to start the long and hard work of rebuilding the car. They have only three weeks to complete, starting from the nude shell, the assembly of the Vantage. The goal is to be on the grid of the International GT Open season opener in Portugal, scheduled for April 29th at Estoril Circuit.

"When I told that this could be a challenging season I didn't have in my mind exactly this. - said Roberto Sini, Solaris Motorsport Team Principal.- We have very few time and we have to completely rebuild the car. We will begin from the nude chassis, because we had to change it after the crash, it was too damaged. It will be a strong challenge for all of us, bolt by bolt we have to assemble an entire GT3 in less than three weeks. We will do a lot of overtimes, I'm almost sure we will spend our Easter holidays at the factory, but it isn't the first time we must fix a car in a so few time. I want to thank Prodrive and Aston Martin Racing for their support and the help they gave us immediately. And I want to thank you also GT Open's organizators and everyone who send us a message, a thought or help us in any way. The most important thing is that the safety pack of the Aston Martin did an outstanding job, because Francesco was unhurt despite a 240 km\h crash against the wall. We want to race in Portugal and give to Mauro and Francesco a competitive Aston Martin, quick as it was during the winter tests!"

For further information you can visit the web site www.solarismotorsport.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=23619.msg116185#msg116185
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Solaris Motorsport at work to rebuild the Vantage GT3
« on: April 05, 2017, 12:33:12 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats