Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: $10,000 to win Late Model Special  (Read 1559 times)

Offline jcrashm2

• Series Owner
$10,000 to win Late Model Special
« on: March 20, 2012, 08:55:36 PM »
as copied from Flamboro chat site...
Flamboro Announces $10,000 To Win Late Model Invitational

Posted on15 March 2012.

By Randy Spencer – With the above normal temperatures across the province, most of us are chomping at the bit to get out to the track and get the 2012 season underway. Several tracks have recently released their schedule over the past couple of weeks and one in particular, Flamboro Speedway has some interesting additions to this year’s program. As I previously wrote, a new division has been added and seems to be the “beginner” class will be known as the Pure Stocks. Taking a look at the schedule, I see this year will have several special nights including the Redneck Racing Showdown and a Northern Border Challenge which is a 35 lap invitational for F4 Modifieds of USA and Canada. There will also be a few Ponderosa Nature Resort Mini Stock and Ray’s Towing and Recovery Thunder Car Invitational events. The10th Anniversary Grisdale Late Model Triple Crown Tournament will take place in June, July and August. 100 laps for the Ontario Sportsman Cup Series in late August and the season closes with Oktoberfest and Frostfest, 30 racing events in all.

There was one thing that peek my interest… Monday, August 20th, all it said was, To Be Announced, Late Model Special Event. So I went digging and found out some very interesting news. First I wondered why a race would be run on a Monday on a non-holiday day. From what I understand it will be a 100 lap Late Model invitational event. Time Trials will determine the first 18 starting spots in the field with a consolation race to complete the remaining 6 spots for a 24 car field. It will be a heads up start, with 100 green flag laps, no caution laps will count. Time Trials at 7 pm, green flag flies at 8pm. Still I thought what is going to attract a field of cars on a Monday night….MONEY!!!! First place prize money is $10,000 and second place winner will take home $5,000. After that I’m not sure, but stay tuned for more details as I’m sure the Flamboro Speedway website will have more news.

See you all at the track, Saturday April 14th for Swap Meet and Practice day, Swap Meet 7am to 1pm, Bring your parts and pieces! Practice Day for all Registered Flamboro Competitors $5 per person admission at the Pit Gate only. Time: 2pm to 7pm.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=14884.msg100716#msg100716
Raced Flamboro,Varney,Sauble,Barrie,CNE, Sunset,Ohsweken,Humberstone,Peterboro, Paris,Delaware

CanadianRacingOnline.com

$10,000 to win Late Model Special
« on: March 20, 2012, 08:55:36 PM »

Offline woodsideracing

• Rookie Driver
Re: $10,000 to win Late Model Special
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »
I think that it is great that Flamboro is having this late model event.

However, given that it appears that the first 18 positions are set by time trials I hope that Flamboro puts in place a transponder system in place for this event (as they currently don't use transponders in their weekly racing) as in the past time trials at big events have been hand timed with concerns expressed by the racers about the accuracy of the hand timing.

If drivers are going to invest the time, energy and expense of attending what will undoubtedly be a great show, they deserve to have accurate and verifiable timing of their time trials.  If arranging for transponders is not possible, then the first 18 spots should be determined by heat races.

Just my opinion.  Thane

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=14884.msg100726#msg100726

HTML ezBlock

site
stats