Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Old CASCAR Question  (Read 26784 times)

Offline almostfamous

• Pit Crew
Re: Old CASCAR Question
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2010, 07:35:30 PM »

From what I remember of the different series in the late 90's, the Super Series consisted of 7-8 races for the eastern championship, 6-7 for the western one and 4 full National weekends. The Nationals were held at Race City in Calgary, Edmonton airport, Mosport road course and Delaware. They were busy weekends as the teams would usually practice and time trial Friday, then they would split the field from the odd (1,3,5,etc) fastest and the even (2,4,6,etc) fastest and run a two shorter (ie. 100 lap) races Friday night for full points. The Friday races would also help set the starting field for Sundays long (ie. 300 lap) races. Saturdays (at the ovals anyways) would be a practice and Saturday nights they would run a usually run a last chance qualifier for the final positions (from approx.25th on back) alongside the tracks local divisions. You probably will only find the results of the "Sunday" races. So, the final results of the National point standings were a result of the eight races (2 at each track) plus your two best results in your "home" (east or west) series........Confused?......Has anybody mentioned yet that along with the Cascar Super Series National,East and West series there was also a Cascar Sportsman series east and possibly west touring series that ran identical cars (except for carbs and radios) during this time as well.......

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11501.msg86749#msg86749

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2010, 07:35:30 PM »

Offline crewman

• Pit Crew
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2010, 11:29:55 AM »
Wow some old memories, i ran with Sawchuk back in the day. Florida was always fun, we even got local sponsors down there to help. Had the Candy store bar one year....WOW is all there is to say. I believe there were triple 50's at Barrie, CNE, Windsor and St. Eustache at times. The problem you are going to have is Tony ran it like a dictator, you never new just what was coming next, some races changed length randomly, some were made to fit promotor or track preferences some were just changed. Even the series changed year to year based on Tony's whims. I do remember it all being an incredible experiance. The cars weren't the prettiest as the bodies were originally molded right from street cars but that all changed as it evolved. I remeber rules being added after tech guys found stuff they thought was wrong, everyone remember Louie the tech guy and Raz. Those guys thought they new every trick in the book LOL. IF you have any more questions post them up i can help.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11501.msg88125#msg88125

Offline Battalionfan888

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »
Here are some cool videos I found on youtube

A 1993 CASCAR Heat race from Calgary
Stock Car Racing May 1993 CASCAR qualifying heat[/url]

and the 1996 Pit Stop Competition
Stock Car Pitstop competition 1996 Calgary[/url]

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=11501.msg93595#msg93595

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats