Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: cascar nascar haters  (Read 6250 times)

Offline racingwrench

• Series Owner
Re: cascar nascar haters
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 09:16:05 PM »
I don't hate nascar....yet but I really don't like the way they are doing this deal.  When people I know express interest in the series and you have to tell them that they are the mushroom in the formula it's hard for them to get behind it.  I really do worry that nascar is going to end up with a few full time teams and overall poor car counts thus killing  what they bought thanks to their system of fees and procedures. I can't help but think that nascar is worried about anyone other than themselves when you see their bottom line.  There is nothing to be scared of some people will like it and some won't want to see the same cars for a few hundred laps and if it gets extra people out to the tracks then where is the harm.  Alot of these tracks need to get more people out other than their regulars to show them what kind of entertainment there is.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5968.msg24317#msg24317

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 09:16:05 PM »

Offline LAKER77

• Team Owner
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 11:21:47 PM »
I'm new to the board. As a former Cascar official I can only see good things come from the sale to Nascar. I have no idea where someone comes off spouting about arrogant drivers and teams. In the years I worked on the circuit there was never a better bunch of drivers and teams as far as approachable and personable as what ran on the super series. During the time I worked on the series my 10 year old son came to alot of races with me. Because of the great influence of the people he met during that time he is now a weekly competitor at delaware speedway. If you don't have something constructive to say about the fantastic racing we have up north without having a solution to the minor downfalls, then keep it to yourself!!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5968.msg24318#msg24318

Offline tfiracing

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 01:45:53 AM »
Criticism does not equate to hatred,if you do not understand that concept,please feel free to pick up a dictionary!Some of us may question and challenge sanctioning bodies,race tracks,racers and other posters decisions and opinions.I would like to think we do it not out of spite or anger,but as an expression of a passion for the sport of stock car racing.Agree or disagree,like or dislike-we all express ourselves here on this board and others for the same basic reason...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5968.msg24319#msg24319

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 01:45:53 AM »

Offline AutoAssembler

• Series Owner
    • http://www.rpeer.com
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 09:36:13 PM »
I've been around the cascar/nascar circuit for four years.  I have come to know many of the drivers and crew members.  To say that they are arrogant is not right. 

I agree 100% with your comment, RC.

What other major sport can one get right down and talk and get autographs just prior to an event about to commence?

Where else can you camp along side the performers (drivers in this case), owners, their families, and even sit around the camp fires having a beer, coffee, hamburger shooting the breeze with them. Ask anyone of them, anything and they'll take the time to answer you, know matter how busy they might be. For that matter, if you had car problems, and if you were to ask for help, they'd willingly help you out! So arrogant, no.

Where else can you get right into the pits to talk to your favorite driver and take photos of your favourite car/driver, etc...??? (I'm hoping we'll still be able to get into the pits, now that NASCAR has taken over). CASCAR was so personal, it was like one big family and I for one hope it stays that way. Like other's have mentioned, sure we grumble, but it's because we love this sport/series and we only want to see it become better, yet.

And I'm a race fan! I go to NEXTEL Cup races, Busch races, NCTS races, ARCA races, NASCAR Mod races, SLM, LM, OSCAAR, ALSTAR, Hooter's races, ISMA, local tracks, Flamboro, Cayuga, Delaware, Ohsweken, Peterborough, Mosport (both RC & Speedway), Kawartha, to name a few, Outlaw races, Sprint car races, etc... I enjoy NSS & Volusia just as much as Daytona. I'm even thankful to have had the opportunity to help out on a CASCAR team for a couple of years. If it's racing, be it go-carts, midgets, mini stock or NASCAR, I enjoy it all, and some of the very best racing I've ever witnessed has come from the CASCAR series. It's too bad more sports fans couldn't get of their couchs and witness a race live, instead of thinking NASCAR & the NHL on TV is the best!

It's nice to still see our Canadian Greats like Earl Ross, or Jr. Hanley still working in the pits or just sitting up in the stands enjoying a race.

I think there's nothing wrong with Canadian racing, it's only a matter of time that more people become aware of the Canadian Tire Series and Grass Roots Racing at their local tracks. This year we're getting the Busch Series, the Outlaws. Racing is about to take off up here, imho! It's just a matter of time, that we get the NCTS. We're getting more and more local racers getting noticed stateside, ie., Pete, JR & DJ. And just look at the big names that have come in from other big series just to race our CASCAR guys. Kenseth, Carpentier, Schrader, Benson, Wallace, Marlin to name a few. The SHOOTOUT had to be one of my most memorable events, I've ever attended. I just can't wait to see the Canadian big name drivers, trying to qualify in Montreal.

At any rate, I think the racing we're going to witness this year in the NACTS will have attained the next level (that we've all heard for so many years in CASCAR), and it will continue to do so even more in the next few years.

So you see, I'm not a NASCAR/CASCAR hater and I still enjoy very much so, taking in the local races over at Flamboro & Delaware. I can't wait to see the KONI race at Mosport and I'm hoping to take in the Vintage car race on the Mosport RC as well!

Just a race fan!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5968.msg24322#msg24322
Randy

-----------------------------------------
2008: DIS, NSS, Cayuga, Ste. Eustache, Barrie, Mosport, Kawartha, Sun Valley, Edmonton, Trois Rivieres, Circuit Villeneuve, Riverside.

Offline DB1

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
  • Never too old for racin'
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 08:38:51 AM »
Thank you AutoAssembler and all the other posters who try to keep a positive spin on racing.
 Its so easy to be negative, and we have enough of it in our lives. Lets all try to get back to the purpose of these boards and pass on information and especially rumors that are always the lifeline of any good get-together.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5968.msg24323#msg24323
Never too old for racin'

Offline racewoman

• Series Owner
  • He has my whole heart
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 11:00:41 AM »
Wow  I have been away for a few days not feeling well and I can't believe the start of this post! Sorry speedwaysue but I don't understand what you are saying. "Arrogant drivers and teams" I have been around CASCAR for 15 years. I have not met one arrogant person yet that is invovled with CASCAR/NASCAR. NASCAR is in now and things take time to get done.

I have to agree with everyone else on this one. AutoAssembler says it very well. Camping along side the drivers and crew members chating with them that means a lot to a lot of fans. It really makes it so much more personal for many people. I know a lot of teams that enjoy it also.

DB1 sums it up ~ Thank you all who have kept a postive spin.

Keep smilin'

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5968.msg24324#msg24324
I will fix the coolant lines...you pick up the supper! Careful watching me cook may give you a heart attack ;)

Offline NealeRacing

• Car Owner
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 12:26:21 PM »
Definately, I dont see where this arrogance talk would even be suggested. Ive had long conversations with many of the CASCAR drivers throughout raceweeknds. They are so eager it seems to interect with fans, not just because it is a forced autograph session. They have a lot of time demands on race day too so it really says a lot. If you want arrogance, check out Formula One and probably Chamcar is someways. CASCAR drivers have told me the snubbing they get at ChampCar events.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5968.msg24325#msg24325

Offline Pinecrest

• King of Canadian Racing Online
  • Series Owner
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 08:27:59 PM »
I've been around the cascar/nascar circuit for four years.  I have come to know many of the drivers and crew members.  To say that they are arrogant is not right. 

I agree 100% with your comment, RC.

What other major sport can one get right down and talk and get autographs just prior to an event about to commence?

Where else can you camp along side the performers (drivers in this case), owners, their families, and even sit around the camp fires having a beer, coffee, hamburger shooting the breeze with them.

At any rate, I think the racing we're going to witness this year in the NACTS will have attained the next level (that we've all heard for so many years in CASCAR),

First I say this with no malice but Cascar/NACTS is not and has never been a "major league sport" . If you compare it to major league baseball it would not even be AAA , AA or even A league ball . Those guys are at lest under contract with the bigs and most play their sport for a living .

What major sport can you fraternise with the participants ? the NHRA comes to mind and that is the pros.

I wish you were right that Canadian racing is going to go to the next level but since I have heard that for four decades and watched the opposite happen I would have to say you are dead wrong .

Sorry but the hay day of car racing in Canada was the 60s and 70s and I doubt they are coming back .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5968.msg24326#msg24326
The opinions expressed here are mine and not necessarily those of CRO or its other members , but should be .

HTML ezBlock

site
stats