Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: ummmm WOW!!  (Read 27615 times)

Offline jlc28

• Pit Crew
Re: ummmm WOW!!
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2011, 01:17:10 PM »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2011, 01:17:10 PM »

Offline leftturnclyde

• Pit Crew
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2011, 03:58:40 PM »
Ok here it goes. Things happen and so does retaliation in every sport.  The unfortunate thing here is Tom got hurt.  This is a sport of danger. People do get into each other and I would have to say no driver comes to the track with the intention to have to spend 20 hrs a week or more repairing their car the following week I know i have better things to do but yes that is part of the sport and things do happen.  Tom is aggressive and is competitive and likes to win but can dish it out but doesnt like the same back.  Do you remember Autumn Colors last year between him and mitchell.  Mitchell gives the bump and run walters spins mitchell . We all like to see a good hockey fight but no one would like to see a guy hit his head off the ice after a fight and get carried off on a stretcher.  In my mind Baker had full intention for Walters to crash but not for him to get hurt just like the guy that punched the hockey player in the face but not to have him die as his helment falls off and hits his head on the ice.  Im sure every driver has had someone bang into them and thought about doing it back or gone to their pit stall.  Very unfortunate that the retaliation situation that someone got hurt.  So to you drivers out there maybe we can all learn by this and think before you act.  And yes this doesnt only effect the driver what about his fans and family sitting in the stands wondering if he is ok.  I am not a fan of either driver but stating my own opinion that I am entitled to.  To the drivers out there with this kind of action we will end up with no drivers so might as well get a drag car and run the stop watch .  I wish Tom a speedy recovery and to baker unfortunatly You do deserve a suspension as you did act and it was premeditated. It may even be more severe but that is not up to me to decide or express. 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=14288.msg97634#msg97634

Offline zero

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2011, 04:40:57 PM »
Get well soon Tom. It ,s just not short track racing without Tom Walters. All the best Tom, and Dwayne, all the best to you, as I am sure things are not going to good for you right now. Hope things will work out the best for all party,s .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=14288.msg97636#msg97636

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2011, 04:40:57 PM »

Offline mipro

• Team Owner
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2011, 05:46:24 PM »
was not there, so not seeing what happened can not comment on incident. from what i seen in late model feature from week ago sunday was not hard to figure out this would happen. as far as intent to injure walters, probably was not bakers intent, just wreck him and ruin his chance at the championship. mission accomplished, but with a terrible result! now it is up to sunset management to decide what happens, and while this story will continue on for a while , i wish tom walters a speedy recovery, and hope to see him out on a track in the near future.
I had the same feeling a week ago sunday.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=14288.msg97640#msg97640

Offline Racefan71

• Pit Crew
Re: ummmm WOW!! A reply from a long time race fan
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2011, 08:07:29 PM »
Well race fans here it goes . I have sat for decades watching the antics of Walters myself . i stood behind him for many years as a once fan . This year if anyone cares to admit he has driven rather crazily on the track . Week after week being warned by many other competitors that they were not happy with him. Am I wrong here in speaking the truth ? I think not , as I watch the entire race , I don't just see what I want to see . I predicted this happening for the last two months . Anyone not taking notice , must be watching with their eyes shut . Did anyone wonder if Baker was hurt and make a big fuss when Tom sent him crashing into the wall weeks earlier ?  I recall an incident at Peterborough Speedway where Tom drove straight into Steve Laking's #44 car years earlier after they got into it ! Tom is by no means a clean driver . He's shared paint with most of his competitors. The night he took out the #48 . he was first in points . Baker didn't deserve that to happen to him either . He could have been badly hurt too and you all didn't go crazy posting here .  Neither incident was in the right . As stated in an earlier posting , if you spend your race career driving wrecklessly around others , be prepared to get bitten back . This is unlike any other sport  ( hockey  what ever ) . Big $$$$'s , lack of sponsorship in hard times for most . These crews work so hard to put on a show . Tom needs to play nice and make friends again out on the track . He is capable of driving around everything on the track without touching anyone and winning . Let's see it for a change  !!! Baker deserves to go out there and race without his car being destroyed because he's first in points also ! In all I hope Tom recovers real fast and stops making enemies on the track . By the way , don't blame the track . Be happy Canada has such an awesome place to race  !!!! Realize what you have and don't take it for granted. Anybody as a fan knows physical harm is never intended by any driver . Racing is becoming a damn soap opera , surely some of you can find more to do than just stir the pot . This is why I haven't come here in sooooo long .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=14288.msg97672#msg97672
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:24:20 PM by Racefan71 »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats