Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Sunset Season Results  (Read 23111 times)

Offline jcrashm2

• Series Owner
Re: Sunset Season Results
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2008, 12:02:59 PM »
Right or wrong Evan, I applaud Wes for coming on here and giving the owners perspective. The internet can be a terrible thing when you (and this could be anybody) and your business in this case are being dragged thru the mud because of rumours, lies and unfortunate problems, that years ago 90 percent of the people wouldnt even know about. And things that  arent anyones business but a few people. Yes there have been some posts on here from Sunset staff this year I wondered "what are u doing?" If gets tough to read and then try to defend yourself against the internet. (the internet itself, not refering anyone) Wes took over the track during the season and although somethings he did may be questioned, hopefully he gets things straightened out for next year and most of the posts on here will be positive in 2009... because we know, reading all good posts will never happen.lol. Nice to see him stepup with the oil deal.
It was something though, to talk to a couple of drivers and fans from Barrie at Octoberfest yesterday, who think Sunset will be in better hands than Barrie next year with the people running things, and getting everybodies input on where Mr.Walters will be laying rubber in 2009. Most think Barrie by the way. I should have asked him, he was parked right beside us for a bit...but he's Mr.Tom Walters....i'm afraid just to look eye to eye with him.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8758.msg58513#msg58513
Raced Flamboro,Varney,Sauble,Barrie,CNE, Sunset,Ohsweken,Humberstone,Peterboro, Paris,Delaware

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2008, 12:02:59 PM »

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2008, 12:28:08 PM »
One thing coming on here and giving a owners view but when you telling people to bit me is a different thing.

The net is what it is and he could have used it to his advantage by listening and doing a couple small things and let people know look I did a few small things and people would have been more likely to lay off of him but when you battle with them you lose no matter if you are right or wrong.

Look at the OSS thing, I could have just left the board off of here and continue to battle people on here about it. I had to bite my tongue and put a OSS board on here and that is what he could have done. I don't have an issue with the oss and if they send release they get posted. See everything is forgotten. Do I have a sour taste about it yes but life goes on. Do I look like the better one because I put the OSS forum back on here? yes.

Next year is his chance to show people he listened to what they said and fixed it and all is forgotten and he is a hero again.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8758.msg58518#msg58518
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

Offline jcrashm2

• Series Owner
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2008, 12:46:45 PM »
Evan you have a great site and ya people dont always agree with you either, but i think its agreed we all appreciate your efforts here and it is a business too. I do think that at some point a person deserves another chance and when mentioning and talking to a few people about CRO, they wish you could try and mend things up with a couple of banned members that brought alot to this site. You know what was said between yourself and these member more than us, so not sure if you could.  Maybe have a poll, "what banned member would you give another chance too?" lol.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8758.msg58519#msg58519
Raced Flamboro,Varney,Sauble,Barrie,CNE, Sunset,Ohsweken,Humberstone,Peterboro, Paris,Delaware

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2008, 12:46:45 PM »

Offline Petty Fan 45

• Car Owner
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2008, 12:47:38 PM »
jcrashm2 - I agree, and disagree about owners and staff responding to negative posts on here.  I believe that the owners/operators of tracks should be reading this site often to gain enlightenment on public opinion.  Also, it is a great tool for them to promote their track, and inform the racing community about upcoming events - and it's free! 

We all saw first hand, what effect the friendly bantering between Thunder88, and Polish Prince had on the Sunset Thunder Invitational this year.  Great all around!  You could not have PAID for that kind of positive exposure.  I don't know the gen admission numbers, or profit for that night, but I can assure you, there was no chance of me missing it!

On the downside, however, if the owners/operators choose not to use the site for it's benefits, and instead use it to engage in negative posts, or be sucked in to posting about altercations at the track, or other related debates, I don't see any possibility of a positive outcome. 

My suggestion to any owner who posts on this site would be that you treat it as a public relations/information tool, and choose your posts and words accordingly.  This is a public forum, and everyone here has their own thoughts, opinions, and agenda . . . you will never change that.  Accept it for what it is, use it all you can to improve your speedway, and the racing experience for yourself, drivers and fans, and let the rest roll off your back.  If speedways take full advantage of this site, the possibilities are endless!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8758.msg58520#msg58520

• Administrator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2008, 12:50:54 PM »
Hey I'm oppened to working things out with banned members don't get me wrong everyone makes mistakes and hell ya even me. So lets make so terms we can agree on about letting a banned member back on here.

Lets start a new topic for that though.

Evan you have a great site and ya people dont always agree with you either, but i think its agreed we all appreciate your efforts here and it is a business too. I do think that at some point a person deserves another chance and when mentioning and talking to a few people about CRO, they wish you could try and mend things up with a couple of banned members that brought alot to this site. You know what was said between yourself and these member more than us, so not sure if you could.  Maybe have a poll, "what banned member would you give another chance too?" lol.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8758.msg58522#msg58522

• Administrator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2008, 12:57:27 PM »
Give him a prize. That is what the site could have been for Sunset a tool to get free feedback about how Drivers/Teams and fans feel about his track. Trust me a lot of promoters and track owners are on here and I know this for a fact. I know they read it and use it to get feedback, it's free. You could pay a company to do a survey and get results that way.

A lot of Series and tracks know to post here or send me releases as it is exposure to their track. Dirt tracks have been getting a lot of exsposure on here this year and one track even shows up on our stats in the top 10 searched words how people got to CRO from a search engines.

My suggestion to any owner who posts on this site would be that you treat it as a public relations/information tool, and choose your posts and words accordingly.  This is a public forum, and everyone here has their own thoughts, opinions, and agenda . . . you will never change that.  Accept it for what it is, use it all you can to improve your speedway, and the racing experience for yourself, drivers and fans, and let the rest roll off your back.  If speedways take full advantage of this site, the possibilities are endless!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8758.msg58525#msg58525

Offline duken

• Series Owner
« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2008, 12:58:53 PM »
hopefully if certain  banned members get  another chance , they will adhere to the rules and leave their personal attacks elsewhere. My mama raised me to beleive, if you can't say something to a person,s face, then saying it behind their back is cowardly. And in my humble opinion, posting it on a forum hiding behind a screenname is the same as verbal backstabbing .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8758.msg58526#msg58526
" It's not the sentiment of men that create history, it's their actions".

Offline Slammer

• Double Zero
  • Track Owner
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2008, 01:02:14 PM »
There is a post that dates back to June sometime in here that says something to the effect of how bitter sweet a Championship will be this year at Sunset as  a result of the first 5 weeks or so of score keeping and the lack of recorded results being posted anywhere to make comparissons.
Having a nice spread like Herb did to solidify his success leaves No question Herb IS the Champ,
but with inconsistancies with driver records and track records in the Lates and Road Runners it breads a lot of contrversay.
I would not want to be in Deb's position having to justify what she does or doesn't have, everybody has done their best to try and resolve problems in scoring since the beginning of the year.

Regardless of what is posted for the Roadrunners they have 3 Champions, the points have been added and re added and incorrect finishes and DQ's have been takin into consideration and each time the final result has been different.
I can't help but wonder if it was all gone through a 4th and 5th time what the outcome would be..?
It doesn't really matter now.
The points in this class are so tight and there are so many variables that have been included and or ignored that it could "officially" be any one of these 3 competitors championship, but the track has to go with what they have, as out of whack as some may seem it I also have a fistfull of events that had the track posted the finishes and not just printed the points out it would have made a difference with disputing points.

2008 is over without a single victorious smoke show, the only closing show we had is what took place on these forums..lol.

Regardless of a lot of the bickering amongst some of the drivers as a result of stickers, rules etc.."They" meaning the drivers   have shown a lot of class by not coming on here and mouthing off about discrepencies in points, they have done their best to resolve it with the track and the people responsible for it.

I hope the track shows the same class celebrating the year these guys have had at the banquet they all worked godamn hard and put on a helluva show and damn well deserve it.

Ross made a comment that
It has been my feel that people will not go there, because of what a small few say on here. Its unfortunate that you have just confimed my fears Evan...

Ross I have never as much as I have wanted to given you fuel for your fire however take a good look at your self righteous opinionated contradictions to most of what is posted in here, although I sometimes agree with some of your responses you are as guilty if not more so to stirring the pot and provoking a pointless argument over something you have absolutley no vested intrest in other than wowing cyber space with half informed insights and opinions, no offence man but sometimes think before you post and perpetuate more bullschitt for the sake of nothing better to do.

A lot of things have changed over the summer at the track, a track of which those who do play there take a lot of pride in, new ownership falls short on a number of things during the transition and for the drivers and fans they were significantly more important than New Onions Rings and Sausage.
There was no method of communication whatsoever, the website sat dead for months, results were never posted and all the rest of it, granted these are all things that come second to filling seats and hopefully next year there will be some balance.

Compare the Barrie year ending night and weekend, of smiles, pictures crowing champions and people getting sprayed with carbonated grape juice...Looked to me like a helluva good time, and there was the owner having pictures taken with his Champs..!!
Some of ours bit their tongues and waited and waited for word on Championships that would now be decided by weather and mathematical errors.
Kinda takes the wind out of your sails.

Hopefully all this crap is behind us.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8758.msg58527#msg58527
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:41:57 PM by Slammer »

Offline ladybugprincess88

• Series Owner
  • ~Sunset Informative Webmaster~
    • Sunset Informative
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2008, 02:09:59 PM »
One thing coming on here and giving a owners view but when you telling people to bit me is a different thing.
Exactly!

See, when I send a nice polite msg to someone, I expect a nice polite msg in return, espically if it's from a track owner. If conversation was nice and respectful, there'd be no complaining on my behalf. But when it gets the point where you have people saying "bite me" or "bullshit" to you, then that's too far. So good point Evan!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8758.msg58539#msg58539
**48** MOJO CREW **48**

http://sunsetinformative.webs.com

Offline rossevans30

• Series Owner
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2008, 02:53:33 PM »
Ross I have never as much as I have wanted to given you fuel for your fire however take a good look at your self righteous opinionated contradictions to most of what is posted in here, although I sometimes agree with some of your responses you are as guilty if not more so to stirring the pot and provoking a pointless argument over something you have absolutley no vested intrest in other than wowing cyber space with half informed insights and opinions, no offence man but sometimes think before you post and perpetuate more bullschitt for the sake of nothing better to do.

Self righteous opinionated contradictions LOL

If you've noticed I'm the first to admit I'm wrong, and you are welcome to expose any of my contradictions...

As to Harold's point that 99% of the drivers are upset. Well thats life, every track out there has something to complain about. Its what you do about its the problem. There have been vaild points against sunset. There have been times I've been upset and KD and Mosport, but it was better to keep it to myself and get over it, than to create a negative image about the track. Using you as an example, you tend to bring up the vaild ones in this forum. Fair enough.

What happens is people are followers. If they beleive everyone is negative about the place, they will try to find reason, to think the same way. Called following the crowd. You can see this from comments such as XXXX speedway sucks. XXXX is an ass. Without reason to support that.

Soon you are left with a negative image of the track, such as with Evan, were he won't even go there.

Its funny, a few sit around and bash the place, yet they stay there... There is one driver I know that was extremely unhappy at one track. He left that track as a result. He isn't constantly bashing the place. He moved on. Thats being a man...

Why do I care, because it makes me #^#% sick.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8758.msg58553#msg58553
"If you spend as much time working on your car as you did online, you would be fast" - Stompin Tom Walters

Offline Amanda

• Series Owner
« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2008, 04:06:53 PM »
Amanda,
I did see the post where Deb was going through all the results from beginning to end and still wondering where the points were found.  Deb and I must have made the same mistakes on points as I matched Deb's points night for night for Britt and Burrows up until Sept. 6th. (last time points were posted) and now I don't match.  What was so different on the last two race nights to change my calculations.

Sally I'm not sure, I didn't keep track of the points after Deb took over scoring. All I know is that one of the other drivers found the same errors and approched her with the problems and questions. Sooooo... be it as it may - two track champions in the 4 cylinder division. I think all three drivers would have rathered battled to the bitter end, but it didn't work out that way...

And in regaurds to another post that was on here. Joe and Dave have spoken and are honored to be sharing the podium for the championship. I say if the drivers are okay with it, why is everyone else so concerned? (I'll get torn apart for that I'm sure.) Joe and Dave both sent really nice private messages to each other and I know for a fact that they both feel they deserved this championship and they both worked darn hard for it. As well as Ken Britt, he worked super hard to. In the end it's 1 point seperating them, I think that is something all three drivers should be proud of. Not many people can say they were in a 3 way race for the championship with 1 point being the deciding factor. It was some good hard racing!

Let's leave all the drama of 2008 and look forward to what 2009 is going to bring us! :)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8758.msg58574#msg58574
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:12:35 PM by Amanda »

Offline Jackman2007

• Team Owner
« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2008, 07:12:03 PM »
Hey Slammer ! Your right about all our Drivers keeping their cool over the issues our track has faced this season . As we headed to Flamborough for yesterdays racing we spoke of the points issue and how teams had felt by acheiving a Championship one day and only to have it taken away the next week .  I had to crack a joke about Gee I wonder who the Champions are today ? lol .....It's been an on going struggle even battle between all of us to get answers . We are at the track not to see Wes , but our favourites and their rivals duke it out week after week . Its what we do , its our escape from every day problems we deal with and its fun ! We attend tracks everywhere showing our support ! So when we come here and go after the tracks officials for answers , we promise we won't stop till we get a believable explanation we all deserve . All we want is the winners of each division to receive the trophys and payouts earned for each division . I hope other tracks and even Sunset take notes as to what this does to the sport we all enjoy ! I read a posting today about if Tommy would say anything on RTR about his treatment by Wes at the year end . I can answer this as a fan and friend , Tommy has more class than that and will put the issue to rest .....Count on it !

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8758.msg58635#msg58635
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:22:38 PM by Jackman2007 »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats