Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Discouraging Mosport finish for Micks  (Read 934 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Discouraging Mosport finish for Micks
« on: June 19, 2007, 03:42:59 PM »

“Luck turned bad with four laps to go”

BOWMANVILLE, ONTARIO (June 17, 2007) – It was a discouraging and disheartening 21st place finish for Kerry Micks (last years race winner) over the weekend.

Driving the Beyond Digital Imaging Ford Taurus entry in the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series Dickies 200 at Mosport International Speedway on Sunday, the Mt. Albert, Ontario driver got into a situation on the Mosport road course that could have been disastrous if not for some great driving on his part.

Unfortunately, what appeared to be a solid finish ended in a disappointing race for the stock car expert.

“The Beyond Digital Imaging Ford Taurus was good all weekend,” explained a disappointed Kerry Micks. “We qualified well and were set for a podium finish when our luck turned bad”.

Micks started the race after qualifying fourth in the field of 29 entries. On lap 47 with only four laps to go Micks was running fourth with his sight set on a top three finish. The Beyond Digital Imaging driver cleared the crest going into the challenging Mosport turn-two to find a competitor backing onto the track.

“I had no choice but to take to the grass, the alternative wouldn’t have been pretty disastrous for the lapped car of Tsoumaris,” added Micks. “The first thing I saw was his driver’s side of the car backing out onto the racing service after he had spun and we were running at a very high rate of speed. Someone would have been seriously hurt if I had not decided to leave the racing surface and take my chances avoiding a very severe wreck.”

“The Mosport road course is a challenging venue, it was an unfortunate situation that went bad to worse quickly. If I would have had another ten feet, I could have kept it out of the tire barrier. We’re moving on and looking forward to our next event in Barrie.”

Andrew Ranger won the Mosport International Raceway event over J.R. Fitzpatrick who placed second and Ron Beauchamp in third.

The next NASCAR Canadian Tire Series event of the season will take place Sunday, July 1 at Barrie Speedway in Barrie, Ontario on the 1/3 mile tri-oval.

Micks Motorsports is sponsored by Beyond Digital Imaging (BDI), Canadian Detailing Services, Cathcart Trucking and APX Racing Gear and Incentives Inc.

For more information, contact Bruce F. Mehlenbacher bruce@jajentertainment.com

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:

Bruce F. Mehlenbacher
Director of Public Relations
Office: (905) 772-1800 Ext. #22
Cellular: (905) 517-5345
E-mail: bruce@jajentertainment.com

Susan Micks
Micks Motorsports
Telephone: (905) 473-9544
Direct: (905) 473-9289
Cellular: (905) 853-3876
E-mail: kmicks@neptune.on.ca 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6178.msg25980#msg25980
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 12:35:19 PM by CanadianRacingOnline »
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: June 19, 2007, 03:42:59 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats