Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: DEI to buy GINN Racing  (Read 2425 times)

Offline DB1

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
  • Never too old for racin'
DEI to buy GINN Racing
« on: July 25, 2007, 03:20:17 PM »
WOW, this stuff is coming fast and furious....
It's like Ginn Racing got P'd at NASCAR and baled out:

DEI Will Buy Ginn Racing
According to a report by NASCAR Scene, Dale Earnhardt Inc. and Ginn Racing will announce this week that DEI will absorb Ginn Racing. The merger will make DEI a four-car team as it adds the No. 01 car primarily driven by Mark Martin. It is expected that the No. 14 team of Ginn will have its owner points transferred to DEI's Paul Menard, who currently is outside the top 35 driving the DEI No. 15. The points transfer would put him in the top 35 in owner points and guarantee a starting position in the field. That could leave Regan Smith, who had shared the No. 01 ride with Mark Martin until being named driver of the No. 14 team last week, out of a job. It was unclear whether Smith or Aric Almirola, recently named as the co-driver of the No. 01 car, will share the driving duties with Martin the rest of the season. 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6383.msg28153#msg28153
Never too old for racin'

CanadianRacingOnline.com

DEI to buy GINN Racing
« on: July 25, 2007, 03:20:17 PM »

Offline DB1

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
  • Never too old for racin'
Re: DEI to buy GINN Racing
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 03:25:11 PM »
Here's a follow-up to the story:

DEI, Ginn Merger to Be Announced Wednesday: Dale Earnhardt Inc. will announce on Wednesday that it is merging with Ginn Racing, effective immediately, and will acquire all Ginn assets, including its massive headquarters. Sources said the company will be known as Dale Earnhardt Inc., but that Ginn owner Bobby Ginn will remain a partner in the business. DEI president Max Siegel will oversee the operation, and Ginn CEO Jay Frye will assist DEI executives John Story, Steve Hmiel and Richie Gilmore in sorting out personnel details, sources said. DEI will field four fully-funded racecars in the Allstate 400 this weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway -- the #1 Chevy driven by Martin Truex Jr., the #8 driven by Dale Earnhardt Jr., the #15 driven by Paul Menard and the #01 driven by Mark Martin. One of Ginn's other two former cars, the #13 or 14, essentially becomes Menard's #15 team, and the other team will simply discontinue operation [rumors still say that the #78 team will get the owner points from the other team]. Menard will pick up the owner's points held by Ginn's # 13 car that was 34th. DEI plans to move its entire operation to Ginn's Mooresville, N.C., facility. The organization begun by the late Dale Earnhardt has been looking for land for almost a year because there is no room to expand at the current facility. #13-Joe Nemechek and #14-Sterling Marlin were given their release last week, with rookie Regan Smith moving into Marlin's car for the remainder of the year before the merger. Smith likely will finish the season splitting the #01 with Martin. Sources said Martin is committed to running at least 22 races for DEI next season and working long-term with the developmental driver program as he was at Ginn.(ESPN.com), for earlier information and updates, check out my #01 Team Page.(7-25-2007)

Marlin Says Ginn 'leaving me hanging': Sterling Marlin says he has had calls from other teams but can't drive for any team until he gets issues resolved with former employer Ginn Racing. "The deal caught me by surprise," the 50-year-old Marlin said. "I had a contract with them. ... I understand they've got a lot of problems over there. A couple of guys called, but I can't do nothing. Part of your contract, if you drive somebody else's car, you null and void your contract. So I'll sit and wait here and see what the lawyers say." Marlin said the team still owes him money, and while he won't like to sit around and wait, he will. "I haven't talked to Bobby [Ginn]. [They] haven't returned calls to my lawyers," Marlin said. "They're kind of just leaving me hanging. ... I'd like to get something worked out and at least finish the year out with somebody if I could."(SceneDaily.com)(7-25-2007)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6383.msg28154#msg28154
Never too old for racin'

Offline Greasemonkey

• Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 06:46:35 AM »
Well it's true.

Greasemonkey.

DEI and Ginn racing teams merge.

Teresa Earnhardt, Dale Earnhardt Jr.

The Sports Network

7/25/2007 12:35:50 PM

Mooresville, NC (Sports Network) - Dale Earnhardt Inc. and Ginn Racing merged Wednesday to create a new four-car team.

Effective immediately the new team will feature the Chevrolets of Paul Menard, Martin Truex Jr., Dale Earnhardt Jr., Mark Martin and Aric Almirola.

Martin and Almirola will combine to drive Ginn's No. 1 Army Chevrolet for the remainder of the 2007 season and into 2008. Menard drives the Menards Chevy, Truex handles the Bass Pro Shops car and Earnhardt is at the controls of the Budweiser Chevrolet, all originally part of the DEI team.

All four cars are inside the top 35 in Nextel Cup points.

"This merger is great for both our companies," said DEI global operations president Max Siegel. "Our stated goals included an expansion to four cars as quickly as possible and, in order to do that, we had to acquire more shop space. This relationship with Bobby Ginn and his company allows us to accomplish both which makes this a perfect transaction."

The partnership will force Ginn to give up the points on his No. 13 car, which was 34th in the owner standings.

"NASCAR's cap of four teams per company meant we had to give something up," said Ginn. "We felt so strongly about this merger that we surrendered the intangible value of the 13 car. We all were completely comfortable that the benefits of working together far outweighed the value of the points."

DEI's current management team will be responsible for all day-to-day activities.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6383.msg28193#msg28193

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 06:46:35 AM »

Offline hill3

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 09:42:09 AM »
i wonder does this mean that dei has to honour ginns lease agreement with hendricks. ;D ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6383.msg28200#msg28200
THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!      -PARA TODA MI VIDA-

Offline Greasemonkey

• Series Owner
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 10:49:39 AM »
i wonder does this mean that dei has to honour ginns lease agreement with hendricks. ;D ;D

Not sure about that.

If you listen very carefully you can hear Dale Earnhardt Sr. rolling over in his grave, and Dale Jr. shoving pins in a voodoo lookalike doll of Teresa.

Greasemonkey.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6383.msg28207#msg28207

Offline hill3

• Series Owner
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 11:17:28 AM »
maybe little E finally understands that a pretty face, a LITTLE talent and a big name does not equate to ownership of dei. it has been on record that dale sr always said without his wife business sense dei would not have been as successful as it was. i think it was a good thing for little e to got tossed from the nest, now we can see if he can make it on his own or if he is full of hot air.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6383.msg28209#msg28209

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 11:58:05 AM »
I am not a lil E fan, but i can guarantee you it will be fine...he will make it..cause he has enough and is making enough money to never have tomworry about anything....plus his sister is a genious!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6383.msg28212#msg28212

Offline hill3

• Series Owner
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 01:07:56 PM »
not only a genius but also the best driver of the three kids

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6383.msg28214#msg28214

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 01:17:11 PM »
LMAO.....hahahaa good one...Kelly does drive the crap outta that car Dale gave her on payback i bet! lol

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6383.msg28215#msg28215

HTML ezBlock

site
stats