Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Sunset Speedway Sept 29  (Read 15967 times)

Offline llmfan

• Race Fan
Sunset Speedway Sept 29
« on: September 29, 2007, 11:46:55 AM »
Just wondering how much favoritism, bad calls or no calls, and political bs are going to play in the races tonight, (even though they claim this does not go on).  And why are they letting other cars come in to tonights races - it is the last points night for the Sunset cars it does not say invitational on the schedule, that is in October.  That in itself is a lot of bs.  I guess the almighty dollar overrides common sense at the tracks and loyalty to the regular drivers goes out the window.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34123#msg34123
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 12:46:45 PM by llmfan »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Sunset Speedway Sept 29
« on: September 29, 2007, 11:46:55 AM »

Offline Justme

• Melson Mafia
  • Team Owner
Re: Sunset Speedway Sept 28
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 12:24:29 PM »
well it happens all the time. We had a few drivers show up at barrie for the finale last week. I know it sucks but that's what happens when you run a longer schedule then another track. People are always looking to race as long as they can! I believe some of the guys who show up from other tracks may have to pay registration to race. I know that's what they do at Barrie. But the guys from other tracks should not get in the way of the points race!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34126#msg34126
Real Stock Car Drivers Go In Deeper And Come Out Harder!

Do The DW Shuffle!

Offline JoeChance

• Car Owner
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 12:42:14 PM »
Just wondering how much favoritism, bad calls or no calls, and political bs are going to play in the races tonight, (even though they claim this does not go on).  And why are they letting other cars come in to tonights races - it is the last points night for the Sunset cars it does not say invitational on the schedule, that is in October.  That in itself is a lot of bs.  I guess the almighty dollar overrides common sense at the tracks and loyalty to the regular drivers goes out the window.

Let me help you out a bit first . Rather then make a separate post with the correct date  just click on modify and then change the date , then delete the second post .

There is some politics at all tracks but Sunset is better then most for that . Why are they letting other cars come race to night ?  Because Sunset is a capitalist venture . more cars more people more money Sunset is not government subsidized i am sure Glen bought it with the idea to make money . I would also hazard a guess that Glen figure's if he can get some visiting cars to come out to night  the more likely they are to come out to FrostyFest and maybe they will like running at a superiorly configured race track then Barrie . Who knows but perhaps a few guys from Barrie if they run a couple of times at Sunset will consider switching tracks for next year. As for the points both late model and thunder car points champions are pretty much a a done deal . In the mini stock class outside of the Burrows boys running hot cams none of the Barrie cars are going to be able to run with the top Sunset cars . Again i am not speaking for Glen but i guess he has enough faith in visiting drivers that they will not act like idiots and you can get wrecked by a the car that is 21st in points just as easy as a visiting car , they call that a racin deal . Save that loyalty thing for your girlfriend and bring a few of those almighty dollars with you and see some good racing to night at Sunset .

I very much doubt they will make you pay a registration fee for one night

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34127#msg34127
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 12:44:55 PM by JoeChance »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 12:42:14 PM »

Offline llmfan

• Race Fan
Re: Sunset Speedway Sept 29
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 01:01:11 PM »
Thanks for the modify lesson - new at this!!  The championships may be solidified but the positions behind it are the ones that I am refering to.  There are enough weapons and politics at Sunset on a regular night - never mind adding drivers from other tracks.  I don't know if I would call the track superiorly configured, ashpalt is like running on marbles and be prepared to chew up your tires.  Lets just hope everyone has a great time - runs clean - and few cautions, as it is going to be along night with two thunder car features, two four fun featurs and probably a 50 lap LLM that will be cut down to 40 like the Thunder car feature was last week.  I spend my almighty dollar there every week, and I don't have a girlfriend because I am a girl!

Have fun tonight everyone - put on a good show - try not to let your tempers fly as there are young children watching and we all should set a good example for our future racers!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34128#msg34128

Offline Justme

• Melson Mafia
  • Team Owner
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 02:21:57 PM »
i think more people would want to run Sunset if they repaved the track and made it smoother so it didn't chew up tires so quickly. We ran Barrie on one set of tires all year long.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34129#msg34129
Real Stock Car Drivers Go In Deeper And Come Out Harder!

Do The DW Shuffle!

bikerbob

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »
joe chance loves sunset because he can't drive at a tighter track. better yet he probably has a hard time negotiating the turns on the way to the track. why don't you quit bashing everything and everybody, you freakin knob!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34130#msg34130

Offline JoeChance

• Car Owner
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 03:21:11 PM »
i think more people would want to run Sunset if they repaved the track and made it smoother so it didn't chew up tires so quickly. We ran Barrie on one set of tires all year long.

No doubt Sunset could use a resurfacing i think almost half the tracks in Ontario could . I was not bashing Barrie but all tracks have their positives and negatives . Looks like a great night for racing for this time of year i hope theres a big turn out .

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34131#msg34131

Offline Kahnefreak

• Melson Mafia
  • Series Owner
  • Melson Racing
    • http://www.piczo.com/gpsracing
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 04:14:36 PM »
i hope Joe Chance shows up so I can give him a big kiss on the lips!!! lol

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34135#msg34135
"2nd place is just the first loser"

Offline Kahnefreak

• Melson Mafia
  • Series Owner
  • Melson Racing
    • http://www.piczo.com/gpsracing
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 12:36:42 AM »
Well I attended Sunset tonight. It was weird watching racing somewhere else. Lot's of cars. Lot's of beat up looking cars of course due to it being the last night they had all season to get dinged up. Sorry to Spencer as I didn't get a chance to get up to the tower as i brought my son along to the track as well. I thought the best racing of the evening was in the Roadrunner feature as there was a pretty tight points battle. Was not impressed with the yellow Honda #24 as a couple of times he went 3 wide on the outside restarting way too early gaining 2 or 3 spots, but I do not know the restart rule at Sunset. Wow did Liscum ever go for a ride. It happened right in front of me. Was not impressed with some of the riff raff that occured after, especially the swearing as my son was right there as were many other numerous young ears. But it was ahndled quite well by the track as it calmed down fairly quickly. Good to see old Vic Parsons win the feature. I didn't know too many of the drivers but the drivers I did know all did excellent. What was Zinkie thinking when he hit Lethbridge under caution? That was not cool and I am glad he was sent off the track for it! All in all it was a good night of racing. I will go again to watch some action in the future but my heart is still with Barrie. No offence to Sunset. And in regards to that "dump on the hump" saying.....where the heck is the hump?? cause that saying doesn't make any sense to me!!!See everybody at the frosty special. I will be in the pits helping out our very own Thunder6 in his number 6 malibu Thundercar!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34141#msg34141
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 12:43:49 AM by Kahnefreak »
"2nd place is just the first loser"

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 01:00:20 AM »
that was quiet the night, I ended up leaving after the 4cly feature (first time I'v left early in years) nothing to knock the racing..just to damn long..lol   got there 5:40...called it a night like 11:35.

That was one heck of a ride the 14 took in the Thunders,my goodness everyone was scared for him...but obliviously he was fine beacuse within 30 sec after coming to a rest he was out going buck-wild on whoever that was that got into him.   The Speedway did a good job controlling that because it could have got out of hand fast....seeing as it was more then just the drivers angry, I'm not sure what was going on  but you had people from the stands or by the stands going nuts as well, and I assume one of his crew guys jumping and swaring on top of the other guys car.....

I'm still not sure what even happened...I was watching the lead battle and next thing I see is the 14 on it's side..and flipping like 3 times (and those were some high speed flips, I'v never seen a car flip like that before)  all I seen after words was a tire laying on the track, so it musta came off which caused the car to roll or something.

The Ltd. Late feature was a good one, got a little annoying with so many cautions for just nurmous spins over and over it seemed like.  always nice to see Vic win.

The 4-cly feature was a good one, again a few to many yellows but when you pack 33 cars onto the track it's going to happen.  and then again like you said more tempers flying in that race as well.

was also nice to see & hear more about the "Project Track Champion" Car.  I think it's a great idea, even when I heard about it a wile back thought it was a great idea, and it was cool to see the car up close finally.

overall my first trip to Sunset in a few years, it was some good racing and awesome to see huge fields of cars out there.

Autumn Colours is up next ;D  can't wait!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34145#msg34145
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

Offline Thunder6

• Don't mess with Tex
  • Series Owner
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 01:13:13 AM »
I also attended Sunset tonight, and I had a great time. Some interesting altercations, and I was very happy to see Tyler Liscum in the #14 TC was okay, that was a nasty flip, I counted 4 times... It reminded me of Ben Lidstone taking down the fence at Barrie on the second night of this season... Same kind of wreck in pretty much the same circumstances.

Special thanks to Spencer Lewis for your awesome hospitality. I thought it was great that I finally got to meet ya Spence, and Sunset has a really spectacular announcer in you, my friend. To be able to do what you do with no notes, simply amazing. Some days I can't even remember all of the names of the guys in my class, let alone every driver at the speedway and all of their sponsors, unreal...

See all of you who are attending Autumn Colors, and we'll see you all at the Frosty later on in the month.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34146#msg34146
"Dont be BEECH! And as always comrades, have nice day" fpsrussia

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 01:35:39 AM »
Sunset has a really spectacular announcer in you, my friend. To be able to do what you do with no notes, simply amazing.

I agree, I'v been to my share of race tracks and hurd many annoucers...Spence you do a great job, one of the best I'v ever hurd  :)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34148#msg34148
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

Offline Hardcore Racing

• Series Owner
    • http://www.sprintprinting.on.ca/jtracing
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 02:21:34 AM »
Glad to hear everybody that made the effort to come to Sunset had a good time tonight. I found all the visiting cars to be well behaved. A big shout out to Brandon Crumbie & family that parked beside me tonight. It was nice to meet ya'll.

It was nice that some of you got a chance to see that we pretty well do what you guys do every Saturday night and had a chance to meet our handsome announcer, "The Spence Experience"

Like any track you get your incidents especially on a last night of racing like those mentioned above or for me running in first place and having the #48 car slip in front of me under caution and nobody doing anything about it. Funny how the whole crowd noticed but nobody at the track cared to do anything about it except to say they would look at the video later...lol, heard that one before.

Congrats to Matt Henderson on his season championship.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34151#msg34151
Harold - JT Racing - #42 four cylinder
2004 Sunset Speedway Track Champion

Offline JoeChance

• Car Owner
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 07:38:13 AM »
 Some of the results from last night .

Late Model feature - Parsons  Poole  Walters  Morrow  Tremble .
 Thunder Car feature - Hafscheier  Phinnemore
  Mini Stock - Brown  Britt  Henderson
  4 Fun - who cares

Some notes from last night .

LM -  Parsons got started up front and was just fast enough to stay there .  Poole is the most promising rookie at Sunset in a long time and will win allot of races next year .  Walters is the second fastest car at Sunset .  Morrow  ,the man they call Moe  will probally win the championship next year too . Amanda Conley i don't know why you were mad at Rod Tooley but it sure looks like your problems follow you from Sunset to Barrie to Mosport and back to Sunset . Amanda your boyfriend throwing punches at a driver that is belted in was the punk move of the night and you pushing Rods 65 year old mother was the only thing i saw that exceeded it . If i was with Sunsets management i would put a lifetime ban on these two idiots.

Thunders - How did Hafscheier and Phinnemore run one - two ? All the fast cars were in the back of a big field of cars and struggled to get through traffic with repeated cautions. Tyler Liscolmb when you saw the #8 car swing wide to lap the #4 car it was a bad idea to try to make it 3 wide .  I am glad Tyler was not hurt in that vicious barrel roll down the front strait but do the words self inflicted mean anything to you at all ?  Tyler after the staff at Sunset restrained you 3 or 4 times and you had screamed  F bombs at the top of your lungs that all the little kids in the stands could hear and then stomped on the hood roof and trunk of the #8 car of Joe Wise were you surprised that the Sunset staff  threw you out of the place physically ? Congratulations to the Sunset staff for showing such restaint with this punk since i would have kicked him in the balls and then knocked out his fronts . Last question Tyler were you surprised how much tougher Rob from Sunset was then you when he threw you out of the place ?

Minis - I counted 36 or 37 cars at the start . The racing was 3 wide for much of the race. Britt drove his butt off to run second . Barrie's Brandon Crumbie started shot gun and i think made it into the top 10 . Crumbie drove smooth and clean coming up through the 401 type traffic and i think he could win a championship at Sunset if he chose to race there . Kyle Lethbridge should really use the off season to think about if car racing is really what he wants to do . Kyle wrecked the 40 car of Zinke for no reason as far as i could see and if he continues to drive this way i think more suspensions and maybe someone punching him out is in his future .

Great show big crowd huge car count and the announcing was pretty good too.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34152#msg34152
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 08:10:52 AM by JoeChance »

Offline jibbyjebidiah

• Series Owner
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »
did anybody else see the childish display from amanda conoly and kelly balson during the lm feature? connolly took her nornal hissy fit and started hauling off on rod tooley and then balson got involved and it just went downhill from there..

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6796.msg34153#msg34153

HTML ezBlock

site
stats