Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: June 7 Race Update.  (Read 2015 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
June 7 Race Update.
« on: June 08, 2011, 03:51:17 PM »
# 87 Brad Perrott Strikes twice.

After a sweltering hot day, the June 7 Tillsonburg Outlaw race took place at Chesterman Power Products under almost ideal conditions. The track was freshly redressed, the outside temps came down to a reasonable 75 degrees (yes I am old school) and there was a parking lot full of racers ready to show everyone they were the fastest this week. There weren't any celebrities spotted but that didn't effect the racing in any way.

Last week # 66 Colby Bennett/Port Dover decided it was better to be home sick than at the race track sick. No doubt a good decision so the rest of our racers didn't catch anything. The missed week, however put him to the back of the field for all races this week just as it always does for missing a race. The only solution for Colby was to dig in and drive his best. In the 10 lap sprint he did just that and went back to front making it almost look easy in the process. Colby followed that up with a pair of 2nds giving him overall for the night. # 01 Jamie Hall/Wilsonville may have taken a big step in her driving skills this week after taking some advice from one of the expert drivers( Josh Beecroft) on how to make a pass. Something worked because after a pair of 3rds,  Jamie shot to the front and won the final 20 lap main which left her in 2nd for the night. Standing in 3rd overall this week was #55 Jack Tipper who not only won the middle race but also set the fastest lap for the night in the final. Only one point separates Jack and Jamie for the series lead after 5 weeks. Make a point of catching one of these young racers every Tuesday night in Tillsonburg.

Okay, Juniors next. Seems one of our racers was getting a bit big for his britches and not being respectful where respect was due. Stick to your guns Dad, it is easier the straighten them out when they are 9 than 19. Unfortunately the assigned missed race cost another racer his ride to the track so both had to share in the pain. Racing is a fun sport that so few get to participate in. Getting to drive brings other responsibilities off the track like keeping up in school and being polite. Look at it as payment forward kids, for something nice that is coming your way.

On the track, this group can't decide who is fastest. 3 races, 3 winners, # 52 Jacob Sheridan/Mt Brydges was able to set fast time in each of the 3 races and with a pair of 2nds and a 1st in the final squeaked into first for the night. Surprisingly, sitting in second is # 48 Andrew Marshall/Dorchester who got sent to the rear multiple times for contact causing a caution and just like a Cherry pit, kept shooting to near the front. In fact he won the middle race which he sandwiched with a  3rd and 2nd . Andrew can be on the edge sometimes but there is no denying that he can get around the track in a hurry. Just trailing by one point was # 55s Scott Hall/Wilsonville going 1,3,3 in a very clean manner. Hidden message, Hannah, it is time to be really nice to your Dad to get him to invest in a class legal motor so you can come and play with us again. There are some very fast racers waiting to try to beat you. Next week the class should be back to full strength and we will roll the dice to see who can come out on top. Currently Jacob is sitting in the lead for the Spring Series.

Last week # 87 Brad Perrott/Strathroy handed the Seniors a solid beating by taking all 3 race wins for the night. With our grid start system, Perrott was set to start all 3 races in the rear this week and looked to have a rather poor night in the ultra competitive group. With a pair of absent racers last week Perrott got to start in the 2nd to last row but that's not much of a break. So what happened? Within 4 laps of the 10 lap sprint, he had worked his way up to 4th but a penalty sending him to the rear in lap 7 was just too big a hurtle to overcome. Undeterred, Brad bounced back in the longer mains and worked his way to the front of both races for a pair of wins, and no kidding, overall for the night for the second week in a row. Tied for second this week with strong performances of their own were # 20 DJ McRae/London 3 ,5, 2 and # 79 Bea Courtnage/Harley 2,2,6.  Most amazing moment was during the finish of the middle race. 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th went across the finish line in a cluster of 5, yes 5 karts that could only be scored with electronic transponders.
Bea Courtnage took 2nd by 2/100ths of a second over sister Kate.  Bea currently sits atop the spring series but Brad, DJ and Kate are within easy striking distance.

# 34 Scott Chesterman/Langton and # 1 Holly Porter/Dorchester, took Top Gun spots in the time trials with the only sub 8 second laps of the group. After inverting the top 5 drivers based on times, the group makes a mad dash for the front in only 10 laps. # 75 Dylan Chesterman/Tillsonburg was able to hold off the pack of roaring motors to take 1st followed by #19 Cody Coburn/ Mt Brydges who made it to second.  The final 30 (which seems more like 50 when you are driving) gives the racers a bit more time to sort out their positions. Oddly enough the results order matched the fastest laps of each racer during the race. That made it # 34 Scott Chesterman, # 1 Holly Porter and # 19 Cody Coburn. The same three went 1,2,3 for the night except Coburn jumper ahead of Porter for 2nd. After 5 races, # 34 Scott Chesterman is in the series lead.

Next Tillsonburg race is Tuesday June 14 at Chesterman Power Products just West of Tillsonburg, rumor has it there will be birthday cake for somebody old.

A reminder for the Experts that this friday , June 10 is our first race at www.Wonderlandspeedway.com  bring your transponders, gates open at 6pm, free admission for spectators. 

Team Sheridan had the camera this week. Thanks for the pictures

Honest, we'll be good. It wasn't me. He started it.

Assistants Rayce Meyer and Nick Sheridan handing out awards
to speedster Brad Perrott

Chesterman Power Products
Tillsonburg Indoor MX
www.chesterman.ca
519-842-5977

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13422.msg93717#msg93717
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

June 7 Race Update.
« on: June 08, 2011, 03:51:17 PM »

Offline MARCH

• Team Owner
  • LATE MODEL DELAWARE #95
Re: June 7 Race Update.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »
Hidden message, Hannah, it is time to be really nice to your Dad to get him to invest in a class legal motor so you can come and play with us again. There are some very fast racers waiting to try to beat you. Next week the class should be back to full strength and we will roll the dice to see who can come out on top........

Does that mean buy  one of daves motors that can only be run at daves,then it needs parts from daves?then can only be sold to someone that runs at daves ?.....lol
his track i guess but the whole reason we dont run there ....until they bring back the honda ,iv

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13422.msg93726#msg93726

Offline Wheelsspin

• Car Owner

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 10:57:30 PM »

Offline Rebel

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »
Hmmmm,  I can buy a Subaru almost anywhere. Costs more by the time I put the heavy duty parts in it that come already installed from Chesterman's.    There are at least two engine builders who can get parts.  At least one independant builder who can repair dyno and certify either Subaru OR Honda engines.  Honda engines are running this year, but have to be sealed and certified, that's not a problem is it?    There's nothing to hide is there?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13422.msg93734#msg93734

Offline Tillsonburg Indoor Mx

• Race Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 11:00:05 AM »
Oh, I just can't let that one go. The racing in Tillsonburg is about the kids, for the kids, and it is their skill or lack of it that we are improving.  It became very evident early on that there were large variations in the mechanical skills and available money from team to team. To prevent the Dad's from influencing the results too much with excess money or creative engine building we tried a couple of things but settled on bringing everything in house so that the kids could race fair and square. Luckily the teams that like fair racing stayed and the ones that would only race if they could do it their way, left. So you are correct in saying "that is why you don't race here" Because you were unwilling to race fair and square.
It also turned out to be a lot less expensive to have a "limited access standard engine" than the way most other clubs do it. If you are a good engine builder or have more money than all your competition, than I guess you would be able to gain the upper hand at other tracks and you should go there.

BTW, walking around the pits without the bickering about who is cheating and who is not is a breath of fresh air. Families should only race in Tillsonburg if you are interested in having fun with your kids. NO experience or BIG wallets required.
see everyone next Tuesday

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13422.msg93737#msg93737
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:02:26 AM by Tillsonburg Indoor Mx »

Offline MARCH

• Team Owner
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »
i wasnt willing to race fair?????all my motors were legal ??remember checking my plates for 6 hp??i also remember running a plate in the qrc when all the stiff cars  were not ...i took it out and jayven killed them ......at grand bend they took my motor lots of times  ,checked my flywheel check my octane,checked my cams,checked all my parts that could make more power weather my wallet is big or not doesnt matter the fact is i can build a race motor big or small just as well as anyone including marshman and mcadams or yourself ,so why would i buy a subaru ?????when they move on from micros there gonna get smoked so the dads need to step it up because every big car track even crates guys are messing with timming, carbs ..also there running built motors.so this would be a good time to learn the fact of the matter we had all things going for us  driver car engine and a dad that did his homwork is that  my fault dave i was racing long before i ever even had jayven....i dont pull no punchs u think its so we can cheat .....i think u like money and thats the way to make more your track your rules ...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13422.msg93743#msg93743

Offline MARCH

• Team Owner
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 02:07:27 PM »

Offline Racer43

• Series Owner
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 03:21:41 PM »
Luckily the teams that like fair racing stayed and the ones that would only race if they could do it their way, left. So you are correct in saying "that is why you don't race here" Because you were unwilling to race fair and square.

lol.....delusional, what a joke!!! For the record the reasons we left other than the obvious (Dylan wasn't having fun) was the lack of rules enforcement and repeated terrible calls by the staff. Hopefully this has changed and the families that are still racing there are having fun filled Tuesday nights!!!!

What for some reason continues to annoy me is the unnecessary jabs and parenting advice Dave's race reports seem to include. Stick to the racing Dave. I'm quite sure the reason Hannah doesn't race there anymore has nothing to do with engine issues.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13422.msg93745#msg93745
Follow on Twitter @Jay_Doerr
Facebook - Jay Doerr

Offline Tillsonburg Indoor Mx

• Race Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 03:35:57 PM »
See what I mean about different motors. Just mention money or modifications and it starts the fighting. When you were here you raced within the rules at the time. Those rules that were there to help teams run used existing karts and motors proved too frustrating and costly for us to try to enforce. Your mention of all the tear downs at GBS does not sound fun or enjoyable to me and could well be why you quite racing there as well despite doing well on the track. The black cloud attitude of frustrated teams in the pits is just not worth it. Not for us either so we ended it the only way we could figure out.
Your second significant point, you accuse us of doing a money grab. We spent three years trying to avoid getting in the engine business or going to a "house" style kart. After the problems we ran into with rule enforcement, we knew our club would not be as nice as it is today if we did nothing. On the other hand, all the engine builders and all the chassis builders that wanted to profit from our track have not contributed 1 cent towards the club. No help with trophies, no help when we asked for sponsorships on the new safer $10,000 retaining wall, no door prize donations at the banquet, zip , zero nothing. So who is paying for all the expenses? Well, yes, a tire sale here, a motor repair there, and a couple karts a year. In the end we continue to reinvest money into the club as it is earned the best we can. We do appreciate the support of our racers and customers and lets be clear, without their support, our business could not operate the club. So race where you spend your money and spend your money where you race. It works better that way.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13422.msg93746#msg93746
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:39:10 PM by Tillsonburg Indoor Mx »

Offline Rebel

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 08:57:29 AM »
OK, I said my peice and was going to just butt out, but I can't.  Dave, well put.   Even in the business world our company deals with the customers who deal with us.   We mutually try to get the best bang for the buck.   I've run a race track for 3 years, and even back in the day the insurance alone cost more than we are paying in registration fees and that was for full body cars, open wheel is about twice the price.  One local track had to shut down over insurance, mind you that was mostly his own fault for poor control.  We race Tuesday nights for a family night of fun, not thrashing all week to be competitive.  If my kid wants to get into the world of trying to out smart the next team in the garage, he will move up to where he is running for dollars instead of ribbons ( and he has moved up) but he still wants to run Tuesday night, just for fun.  This not a bashing thing, just facts, if you want to out smart the next Dad, find some where that lets you do that, if you just want to relax with a bunch of old racers and let your kid have fun, come on out to Tillsonburg. It's still the cheapest night of family entertainment you can get.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=13422.msg93763#msg93763

HTML ezBlock

site
stats