Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Derek Lynch Commits to Kawartha Speedway's Grassroots Racing Series  (Read 1252 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

Derek Lynch Commits to Kawartha Speedway's Grassroots Racing Series

Grassroots Racing Series Media

The spring, summer and fall of 2014 will be an exciting time for Derek Lynch.  The 42 year-old Warkworth, Ontario resident will be part of the ground breaking Grassroots Racing Series at Kawartha Speedway. 

A former General Manager and Promoter of the Fraserville, Ontario facility, the second generation wheelman last turned a lap at the 3/8th mile asphalt oval during the 2012 campaign when he piloted Bryan Watts' #61 Chevrolet Impala in a torrid fender-to-fender fray with eventual track champion Dan McHattie.  Lynch says he's anxious to get back behind the wheel at the track where he watched others race for 9 years.

"I really enjoyed the race with Dan on the final night of 2012," confessed the driver.  "It was a great way to wrap-up my 9 year tenure at the speedway and served as a reminder of how competitive we had always been there."

Lynch ran a handful of shows on the American-Canadian Tour during 2013, but this will be the first time he has taken a run a point championship in a number of years.  Although he has raced regularly over the past decade, Derek Lynch chose to never run at the facility he promoted due to conflict of interest concerns.  Competing at Kawartha with the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series, he posted top 5 finishes and was a frequent winner at the Fraserville, Ontario speedplant in Super Late Model contests before beginning his term as manager. 

"I'm really looking forward to the opportunity of getting back on the track this season and wish Andrew McFadden and his team the best of luck."

When the year's first green flag flies, the 1994 Oxford 250 champion, NASCAR Canadian Tire Series race winner (Cayuga Speedway, 2007) and former American-Canadian Series and NASCAR Grand National North runner - who has raced at 70 different speedways in the United States and Canada - will steer his #15 Dodge Charger by Howe Racing Enterprises, with backing from long-time supporters Hasiuk Trailer & Container Rentals, J.J. Stewart Motors, Apsley Peterborough Transport and Trent Hills Self Storage.  On the opening night of Kawartha Speedway's 2014 campaign, Derek Lynch will begin his 29th year of competition in stock cars, with 4 years of karting experience before that.

"I've been fortunate to have some incredible people associated with my racing program throughout the years," said Lynch.  "I have been supported in so many different ways and it makes the experience so much more positive when you're working with folks that you enjoy and believe in what you do.  I hope most of them can get to Kawartha this season and watch the show."

Derek Lynch is the latest driver to join the Late Model division roster that includes former track champions Dan McHattie and Chris Morrow, along with Ryan Kimball, Dave Morgan, Linc Brown, Bryan Mercer and Kyle Donaldson, who have all scored main event victories at the popular Fraserville, Ontario oval.

The Grassroots Racing Series kicks-off its inaugural campaign with an open practice session Friday, May 16th.  Green flag racing - with Late Models, Thunder Cars, Mini Stocks, 4Fun and Legends - takes the spotlight for the first of 8 events Friday, June 6th.  The complete schedule can be found by visiting www.kawarthaspeedway.com.

Photo attachment:  Derek Lynch collection

Warkworth, Ontario's Derek Lynch will join a stellar field of Late Model competitors who have announced plans to run the 8 event Grassroots Racing Series this season at Kawartha Speedway.

Prepared by:  Jim Clarke, Clarke Motorsports Communications/First Draft Media
                       clarkemotorsports@hotmail.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=18987.msg110692#msg110692
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats