Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: ROB NEELY WINS LUCAS OIL CAN-AM FEATURE RACE AT "THE BULLRING"  (Read 954 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.

For Immediate Release
Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets
Grand Bend Speedway (ON)
August 24, 2013
by Cindy Lorenz

ROB NEELY WINS LUCAS OIL CAN-AM FEATURE RACE AT "THE BULLRING"

Rob Neely took his daughter Kaitlin's challenge Saturday night after she won her heat race and her first go-kart feature race at Flamboro Speedway earlier that day. Heading to Grand Bend Speedway for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midget race, Kaitlin said "See if you can top that Dad". Neely won his heat race and led all but one lap of the caution free 25 lap race.  From green to checkered the race ran in a little over 4 minutes at the very tight 1/4 mile semi-banked tri-oval.
Accepting the trophy in Victory Lane, Neely said "I was aware that Adrian (Stahle) and Mack (DeMan) were just looking for that 'chance' to slip in and take the spot. I had to make sure I didn't give them that opportunity. Thanks to Ken for again giving me not only a great car but loaning me his driver's suit and shoes tonight. With all the excitement at Kaitlin's race I forgot my gear!' I also want to thank Lucas Oil for all their support, Lincoln Welders, and 'Pippy Power' for a super motor."  There now is only 4 points separating the top three cars for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midget Championship with 3 races to go. Stahle now leads with 1821 points, DeMan has 1820 and Defending Champion Neely is in third place with 1817. The 48th season for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets will again come down to the line at Flamboro Speedway on Saturday, September 21st.

Tom Kyle, in the Tigger Powered #44, led the field to the green with Neely in second place. DeMan was third with last week's winner Todd Cresswell 4th and Darren McLennan rounding out the top five. Neely got under Kyle one lap later coming out of turn three and took command. DeMan followed closely behind and took over the second spot. Cresswell now had a battle with Kyle for position as Stahle was now in fifth place. The very next lap saw DeMan get loose and go into the grass coming out of turn four, keeping control and got back on track in turn one loosing 2 spots. Kyle was now in second followed by Stahle. DeMan was now in fourth followed by Cresswell. Neely turned up the 'wick' and started to stretch his lead as the battle behind him heated up. Stahle motored around Kyle for second and DeMan followed suit. Stahle and DeMan set sites on Neely and began to catch up as the fast 11 second laps ran off.

At the halfway point Neely could feel the presence of Stahle and DeMan on his back. Cresswell remained in fourth place as Corey Moesker  joined the top five. Stahle and DeMan would get within striking range to Neely going into the corners but Neely was very strong on the exits. The top three opened up a sizable lead over Cresswell and Moesker.  Neely, Stahle and DeMan ran so close together you could throw a blanket over them. There was tight racing going on in the middle of the field as McLennan held off the hard charges of rookie Adam Racine for 6th and Kyle now had rookie Tyler Turnbull go side by side for the 8th spot.

Neely kept in command to take the checkered flag for the win, his 3rd feature win this season. Stahle took second, moving him into the point's lead, and DeMan finished along side of him for third. Cresswell took fourth place with Moesker in the top five.

Heats were won by Cresswell and Neely. The 'B' Main was won by Moesker. The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets return to Sauble Speedway for a doubleheader on Saturday August 31st and Sunday, September 1st.

Final finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Grand Bend Speedway on August 24th was...1.ROB NEELY, 2.Adrian Stahle, 3. Mack DeMan, 4. Todd Cresswell, 5. Corey Moesker, 6. Darren McLennan, 7. Adam Racine, 8. Tom Kyle, 9. Tyler Turnbull, 10. David Balych, 11. Barry Dunn, 12. Chris Bauman, 13. Ryan Fraser, 14. Dylon Smith. DNS..Rob DiVenanzo.

Top Ten in Points for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets as of August 24th are...1.ADRIAN STAHLE...1821, 2. Mack DeMan...1820, 3. Rob Neely...1817, 4. Corey Moesker...1763, 5. David Balych...1685, 6. Todd Cresswell...1672, 7. Barry Dunn...1605, 8. Darren McLennan...1461, 9. Tyler Turnbull (R)...1409, 10. Adam Racine (R)...1361.

For more information on the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets, contact Cindy Lorenz at clorenz74@yahoo.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=18389.msg108999#msg108999
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats