Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: STAHLE TAKES TWO IN A ROW WITH LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS  (Read 965 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
STAHLE TAKES TWO IN A ROW WITH LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS
« on: August 04, 2015, 01:07:32 PM »
Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets
Sauble Speedway, Sauble Beach, ON
August 3, 2015
by Cindy Lorenz

Photos by Paul Husby

1.  Adrian Stahle Winner Sauble Speedway 8.1.2015
2.  Top 3 Drivers at Sauble Speedway 8.1.2015...Todd Cresswell 2nd, Winner Adrian Stahle, Tyler Turnbull 3rd.

Adrian Stahle went to 'Victory Lane' for the second week in a row as the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets celebrated the Canadian 'Civic Holiday' doubleheader weekend at Sauble Speedway. The scheduled was to include two races, one Saturday and one Sunday, but Mother Nature had other ideas and washed out racing on Sunday night.
Winning at Flamboro Speedway the previous weekend and dedicating the win to his late Mom, Stahle was all smiles as he claimed the trophy Saturday night. "I can't believe it is two in a row with all the tough competition in this Club, said Stahle. I need to thank my Dad for everything he does, Uncle Vic for another great set-up, and Paul Husby for the super wing he built. Today is my sister's birthday and she gave me my 'Good Luck' for tonight! My sponsors, Can-Am Fabrication, Bell Cartage and LARCA Custom Machining, thank you for your continued support. And our series sponsor, Lucas Oil, for the 11th year, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Todd Cresswell had the pole for the start of this 25 lap feature event with Rookie Steve Murdock sharing the front row for the very first time. Murdock wasted no time as the green flag dropped and took the lead. Cresswell was now second and Stahle was in third. Barry Dunn was fourth and Rob Neely fifth. Stahle and Cresswell had an exciting battle for position lap after lap. Tyler Turnbull passed Neely as Dunn began to fade. Mack DeMan passed Neely and was now in the top five.

Cresswell held off Stahle for 5 laps as Murdock stretched his lead over the field. Stahle moved into second place as Turnbull began to challenge Cresswell. DeMan remained in fifth. Setting his sites on Murdock, Stahle set sail for the front. As the halfway point loomed Stahle caught Murdock in turn three and made his move taking over the point. Cresswell sized up Murdock and grabbed second place with 10 laps to go. One lap later Neely and Darren McLennan made contact coming out of turn two and McLennan spun and did a slow rollover. At the same time in turn three Darren Dryden spun with Dave Hickson, Dunn and Craig Pitchell involved. The red flag came out to upright McLennan and restart the other cars. McLennan was uninjured but out for the night.

Stahle powered forward at the restart with Cresswell and Murdock battling for second. Murdock began to experience handling issues and began to fade in the field. Turnbull and DeMan moved into 3rd and 4th places respectively with Neely back in the top five. With five to go Stahle had a ten car lead over the field followed by Cresswell, and Turnbull. DeMan and Neely ran strong for the 4th spot. The final laps ticked off with Stahle cruising to his second win in a row with Cresswell, Turnbull, DeMan and Neely finishing in the top five.

Heats were won by Cresswell and DeMan. The 'B' Main was won by Brandon Zavarella.

Of Note...Murdock finished 9th after leading 11 laps in the feature race, Rookie James Marche had another run in the top ten, finishing 8th, and Dylon Smith ran his #14 for the first time this season and looked good in the field.

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets return to Flamboro Speedway next Saturday night for their last of three 'Special Twin 25's' races celebrating their 50th Anniversary year. Let's see if Stahle can capture a 'hat trick' this Saturday night. He is on a roll.

The Final Finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Sauble Speedway on August 1st was...1. ADRIAN STAHLE, 2. Todd Cresswell, 3. Tyler Turnbull, 4. Mack DeMan, 5. Rob Neely, 6. Ryan Fraser, 7. Brandon Zavarella, 8. James Marche (R), 9. Steve Murdock )R), 10. Dave Hickson, 11. Darren Dryden (R), 12. Craig Pitchell (R), 13. Barry Dunn, 14. Dylon Smith, 15. Darren McLennan.

The Top Ten in Driver Points for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets as of August 1, 2015 are...1. MACK DEMAN...1392, 2. Ryan Fraser...1268, 3. Darren McLennan...1216, 4. Brandon Zavarella...1195, 5. Rob Neely...1192, 6. Tyler Turnbull...1089, 7. Barry Dunn...1075, 8. Todd Cresswell...1052, 9. James Marche (R)...1010, 10. Adrian Stahle...975.

*******30********

For more information on the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets, contact Cindy Lorenz at clorenz74@yahoo.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=21669.msg114173#msg114173
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« on: August 04, 2015, 01:07:32 PM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats