Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Ryan Fraser Wins With Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Lake Erie Speedwa  (Read 1005 times)

Online CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Ryan Fraser Wins With Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Lake Erie Speedway

Ryan Fraser took home his first win of the season with the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets Saturday night at Lake Erie Speedway, Erie, PA. Taking over the lead from Adam Racine on lap 19 of a 25 Feature Event at this 3/8 mile track, Fraser cruised to Victory Lane with a huge smile on his face. " My whole family was here tonight to celebrate this win and it means the world to me, said Fraser. I need to thank Lucas Oil, our series sponsor for all they do for us, and my sponsors Neely Auto, Acton Optical, Mastek Electric, DJD Graphics, Pippard Racing Engines, my Dad, Grandfather, Jeff Hanley, Madison and my Mom. I couldn't do this without all their support". 

Craig Pitchell took the field to green followed by Todd Cresswell. Racine, starting third grabbed the lead coming out of turn two. Pitchell remained in second. Adrian Stahle and Fraser made a quick pass around Cresswell to move into the 3rd and fourth spots as Racine opened up his lead over Pitchell. Mack DeMan came from his 10th starting place into the top five by lap 3. Turning laps in the low 15 second range Racine was strong at the front. Fraser was now up to 3rd as Stahle and DeMan had a side by side battle.

DeMan took the spot from Stahle and Rob Neely now had to challenged Stahle. The first and only caution came out as Darren Dryden got into the wall coming out of turn 2 on lap 1. At the restart Fraser made a quick move around Pitchell for second place.  At the halfway point Racine was sailing in the lead but the pace was picking up behind with Fraser and Stahle. DeMan was right in the mix and Neely was in the top five. DeMan powered around Stahle for third as Fraser gained traction on Racine. Lap by lap Fraser shortened up the lead Racine had, finally catching him on lap 19 and taking over the point. DeMan remained in third as Stahle and Neely fought for 4th.

Sophomore driver Steven Murdock, winner of race #1 at Flamboro Speedway, was quietly making his way through the field from his 15th starting place and was now up to 6th. With 5 laps to go, Fraser had a strong lead as Racine tried to hold off DeMan to no avail. DeMan moved into 2nd and set his sites on Fraser as the final laps ticked off. Racine and Stahle remained in their positions as Neely and Murdock raced side by side for the finish. Murdock took over 5th by inches.

The checkered flag flew and the big trophy was brought out for Fraser. DeMan was second, followed by Racine, Stahle and Murdock. Heat races were won by Racine and Cresswell. A Special Thanks goes out to Airport Collision, Motorsports Fan Cards/Printed Images and Ken and Cindy Lorenz for sponsorship of tonight's race.

Of Note...In the field tonight were 6 former Champions in the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midget series in it's 51st year. Todd Cresswell, Darren McLennan, Rob Neely, Defending Champion Mack DeMan, Andy Mackereth and Supermodified driver Dave McKnight Jr.

The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets head back north across the border to Flamboro Speedway (ON) for their next race Saturday night.

The final finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Lake Erie Speedway on June 11, 2016 was...1. RYAN FRASER, 2. Mack DeMan, 3. Adam Racine, 4. Adrian Stahle, 5. Steven Murdock, 6. Rob Neely, 7. Darren McLennan, 8. Craig Pitchell, 9. Brandon Zavarella, 10. Andy Mackereth, 11. Todd Cresswell, 12. Barry Dunn, 13. Arik McGruder, 14. Darren Dryden, 15. Dave McKnight Jr., DNS...Jeff Blackburn.

The top ten in points for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets on June 11, 2016 are...1. MACK DEMAN...469, 2. Rob Neely...462, 3. Ryan Fraser...456, 4. Steven Murdock...444, 5. Darren McLennan...425, 6. Adam Racine...409, 7. Adrian Stahle...404, 8. Brandon Zavarella, 9. Barry Dunn...390, 10. Darren Dryden...356.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22722.msg115284#msg115284
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats