Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: DRYDEN TAKES 1ST CAREER WIN WITH LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS  (Read 939 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
DRYDEN TAKES 1ST CAREER WIN WITH LUCAS OIL CAN-AM MIDGETS

Everyone remembers their '1st Win'. Darren Dryden put his name in the record book for the first time Saturday night with the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Flamboro Speedway. This sophomore driver bought TQ #82 from former Champion James Gray and owner Wayne Gray over the off season. Not only did they get a top notch car but all the Gray's racing knowledge came with the deal. There was Big Smiles all around as Dryden entered Victory Lane and received the winner's trophy. Now a blue TQ#12, Dryden was in top form, winning his heat race he then took the feature win in this 25 lap event.

"This is a Father's Day gift for my Dad, and I think that smile on his face will be there all week, said Dryden. The car was on rails, thanks to Wayne and James and I am so glad they were here to celebrate with us. I have a list of my sponsors that I need to thank, Retail Design Group, R & W Auto Repair, John Dryden Autobody, Epic Racewear, DJD Graphics, Sharpie Art by Darren Dryden, Lucas Oil, Fidelity Furniture Systems, Burlington Krown/Line-X, BJ's Custom Finishes, Rosies Custom Paint & Polish and State Farm Burnside Insurance. I know this list is long but they are all why I am in Victory Lane tonight, so Thank You everyone!"

Dryden was on the pole for the start of the race with 2015 Rookie of the Year James Marche starting on the outside. Marche charged to the front and took the lead. Dryden was on his tail with Barry Dunn third followed by Brandon Zavarella and Adam Racine.  Racine quickly passed Zavarella for fourth then got around Dunn for third. Marche could no longer hold off Dryden and with four laps in he took over the lead. One lap later Racine passed Marche for second place. Dunn hung on to fourth with Darren McLennan now in the top five.

Dryden began to stretch his lead over Racine as McLennan put on a charge first over Dunn then making a pass around Marche. Zavarella stayed up with the pack followed by Rob Neely and Mack DeMan. Back in the field Ryan Fraser must have turned on the 'go' switch as his car began to charge thru the field. The four cars of Zavarella, Neely, DeMan and Fraser could have been covered with a blanket as they all ran tight together only inches apart. Fraser made his way round DeMan, then Neely and finally Zavarella and set his sites on the leaders.

Dryden was almost a straightaway ahead of the field and starting to lap cars hoping that there would not be a caution. With 5 laps to go Dryden held a commanding lead followed by Racine and McLennan. Dunn hung on to fourth and Fraser was now in the top five. McLennan caught Racine with 2 laps to go and dove in deep going into turn three and made the pass stick. The final lap saw Dryden unchallenged as the checkered flag flew. McLennan was second, Racine third followed by Dunn and Fraser.

The heats were won by Racine and Dryden. The Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets head northeast to Peterborough Speedway for the next race in the 2016 Lucas Oil Can-Am Midget series on Saturday, June 25th.

Final finish for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets at Flamboro Speedway on June 18, 2016 is...1. DARREN DRYDEN, 2. Darren McLennan, 3. Adam Racine, 4. Barry Dunn, 5. Ryan Fraser, 6. Brandon Zavarella, 7. Mack DeMan, 8. Rob Neely, 9. James Marche, 10. Craig Pitchell, 11. Steven Murdock, 12. Joe Arsenault (R), 13. Adrian Stahle. DNS...Cory Whittam. 

Top Ten in Drivers Points for the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets as of June 18, 2016 are...1. MACK DEMAN...599, 2. Ryan Fraser...597, 3. Darren McLennan...592, 4. Rob Neely...587, 5. Adam Racine...572, 6. Steven Murdock...558, 7. tie...Brandon Zavarella and Barry Dunn...542, 9. Darren Dryden...536. 10. Adrian Stahle...510.

For more information on the Lucas Oil Can-Am Midgets, contact clorenz74@yahoo.com

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22777.msg115339#msg115339
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats