Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Series Heads to Twisty Shannonville Motorsport Park  (Read 992 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Series Heads to Twisty Shannonville Motorsport Park
« on: May 22, 2013, 01:48:23 AM »

www.formula1600.com
For Immediate Release

TOYO TIRES F1600 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES NEWS & NOTES

Series Heads to Twisty Shannonville Motorsport Park for the 46th Annual DAC Trillium Trophy Races

TORONTO, ON (May 21, 2013) – The Toyo Tires F1600 Championship Series enjoyed a large grid and some outstanding racing in the opening two rounds held several weeks ago at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.

It was the young guns that showed the way on the ultra fast CTMP circuit but this weekend the focus will shift to the highly technical and twisty Shannonville Motorsport Park where drafting and aerodynamics don’t necessarily win over a good handling car and experience.

The A Class Championship fight will have a new leader at the end of this weekend as Scott Hargrove has returned to his regular duties in the USF2000 Series.

Youngster Zach Robichon of Ottawa, Ontario will square off against Ayr, Ontario’s Shane Jantzi, a multi-time series champion, who didn’t get to show his hand in the first round with some mechanical gremlins.

BGR Team Grote driver Robichon showed he’s the man to beat this season as he went head-to-head with Scott Hargrove and Jesse Lazare in the first event with his pair of podium finishes serving notice he has the pace to run with the more experienced drivers.

"I'm really excited for the race at Shannonville,” stated Robichon. “It's going to be a completely different style race to Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park) because the tracks are so different. It will be a whole new experience for me. I'm looking forward to keep racing at the front and hopefully I can improve on my two podiums to give myself the best chance possible in the Championship,” he added.

In B Class the Championship is shaping up to be a duel between Craig Willis, winner of the first two rounds, and fellow rookie Connor Wagland who enjoyed a podium finish in just his first start but didn’t get the chance to improve on that on day two as he suffered a blown motor in qualifying. 

I'm looking forward to being back at Shannonville, I haven't been there since I took the CASC school,” commented Willis. “It's a very technical track that demands a different driving style than Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. Andrew Mason has already promised me a great race this weekend. I'm looking forward to it.”

“This season is off to a tremendous start,” said Jason Sharpe, promoter for the series. “We had a far bigger grid than we expected and the racing was incredible. The series is very healthy and we are excited see what will transpire in the next two rounds as we go to a track that requires a very different set of skills. We are also excited to announce there will be a large number of Toyo Tires Canada contingency prizes handed out this weekend coupled with cash discounts towards future rounds at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park,” he added.

Cars will hit the track on Friday for a full day of testing and the racing will begin with Round 1 on Saturday and Round 2 on Sunday afternoon.

RACE: 46th Annual DAC Trillium Trophy Races
TRACK: Shannonville Motorsport Park, Shannonville, Ontario
DATE: Saturday May 25 & Sunday May 26
TWITTER: @ToyoTiresF1600
SERIES HASHTAG: #ToyoTiresF1600
SERIES CONTACT: Jason Sharpe, (416) 557-5451 or jasons@movemotorsports.com, Twitter: @jasonsharpe

If photographs are required please contact Jason Sharpe (416) 557-5451 or jasons@movemotorsports.com

NOTABLE FACTS

The Race: This is the 2nd Round in the Championship and the only time it will visit Shannonville.

The Format: Both A and B Class cars race together, with an equalization package for the Honda and Ford motors. There is one practice and one qualifying session for each of the weekend’s races.

Gaining Momentum: With a renewed enthusiasm and new marketing partners the Series is enjoying a large increase in grid size and exposure. There are several competitors returning to the series and over the next few rounds several new competitors will make their series’ debut.

The Toyo Tires F1600 Championship Series is the premiere open wheel series in Ontario, sanctioned by CASC Ontario Region and proudly supported by Toyo Tires, MG Homes, Cove Dentistry, MK Technologies, Braidan Tires and Rod Ends Mechanical. The series is comprised of a seven event, double-header format and competes at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Shannonville Motorsport Park and Calabogie Motorsports Park.

Photo By Michael Haley

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=17576.msg107493#msg107493
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Series Heads to Twisty Shannonville Motorsport Park
« on: May 22, 2013, 01:48:23 AM »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats