Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: August 3rd Results  (Read 15022 times)

Offline alan evans

• Team Owner
Re: August 3rd Results
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 01:33:30 AM »
DW fan at first l thought the same thing but Connelly had slowed down so much waiting for Walters he had to pass her, plus why shouldn't he pass her he is the race leader and any driver with class (sorry l forgot we are talking about Amanda Connelly),would get out of the way of the other drivers coming through,it was so obvious the way she pushed him up the track.I was talking to one of Fullford's crew guys and he said the reason Walters was so mad apart from the obvious is that the rule at Peterborough is if you get spun out  because of contact with a lapped car you get your spot back.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49552#msg49552

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 01:33:30 AM »

Offline alan evans

• Team Owner
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 01:36:41 AM »

HEY Derek thank you for the pictures you are the best we really apreciate them and your finishing order posts.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49553#msg49553
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 02:20:11 AM by CanadianRacingOnline »

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 01:51:16 AM »
I hear ya alan, just one problem with the issue Walters had of being put to the back and not getting his spot when involved with a lapped down car.  At the time he was attempting to pass her she was still on the lead lap.  Barely but she was still on the lead lap until he had completed the pass and if that is the case as in any series the car going a lap down is going to race to stay on the lead lap.  I was just thinking that since he had such a big lead maybe try making the pass at a better time incase there was really a problem with her car.

On a side note anyone know why Parson's and Graham were not at the races today?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49555#msg49555

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 01:51:16 AM »

Offline OSCAARfan_SLM

• Pit Crew
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 01:52:58 AM »
I honestly think the call made to DQ Rob Clarke is completely unfair.  I have been following the series for the past few years as a crew member and haven't seen a DQ  used for rough driving unless the driver caused multiple wrecks in one night, and thats not the case with Clarke.  And i can't count the number of times there have been other incidents just like that or worse where there is no punishment other than being sent to the back.  Without even a warning given to either driver I think both DQ's tonight were unfair and I for one just hope to see them back next week

oh yeah and that's not the first time I have seen balson hide in his car or behind the officials.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49556#msg49556

Offline Derek

• Series Owner
    • http://www.racepulse.com
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 01:55:00 AM »
thanks alan.

Does anyone know what happened to OSCAAR 83? I had
him on the lead lap, but according to the OSCAAR finish,
he must have been at least 5 laps down, since he finished
behind the 2 and 23 (both exited at lap 70).  
Did he duck into the pits at some point?

Also, does anyone know why 7T was DQ'd?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49557#msg49557
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 02:08:50 AM by Derek »
Check out www.racepulse.com for numerous photos, links, racing schedule and news.

Offline alan evans

• Team Owner
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2008, 02:08:09 AM »
I honestly think the call made to DQ Rob Clarke is completely unfair.  I have been following the series for the past few years as a crew member and haven't seen a DQ  used for rough driving unless the driver caused multiple wrecks in one night, and thats not the case with Clarke.  And i can't count the number of times there have been other incidents just like that or worse where there is no punishment other than being sent to the back.  Without even a warning given to either driver I think both DQ's tonight were unfair and I for one just hope to see them back next week

oh yeah and that's not the first time I have seen balson hide in his car or behind the officials.

I think it was unfair to black flag Clarke it was a racing incident,he had the spot and a split second later Tiemersma tried to close the door,plus Clarke is a pretty clean racer and would not have wrecked him intentionally IMHO.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49558#msg49558
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 10:15:09 AM by alan evans »

Offline alan evans

• Team Owner
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2008, 02:10:46 AM »
I hear ya alan, just one problem with the issue Walters had of being put to the back and not getting his spot when involved with a lapped down car.  At the time he was attempting to pass her she was still on the lead lap.  Barely but she was still on the lead lap until he had completed the pass and if that is the case as in any series the car going a lap down is going to race to stay on the lead lap.  I was just thinking that since he had such a big lead maybe try making the pass at a better time incase there was really a problem with her car.

On a side note anyone know why Parson's and Graham were not at the races today?

Good point DW.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49560#msg49560

Offline DWfan4ever

• Series Owner
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 02:54:56 AM »
In regards to the Clarke Dq from what I heard on the scanner one of the officials asked the following question "the teams down here want clarification on whether its ok to just dump a car and then come on the track at the back for being an involved car".  So it doesn't sound like many believe Clarke did not intentionally take our Derek.  It looked pretty blatant to me as Derek was at the top of the track going into corner 3 when Clarke drove straight through the corner and into Derek.  But that is my opinion, however after hearing the question asked by the officials it sounds like many felt it was intentional.  I must admit having the scanner really changes your opinion on events throughout a race.

Thanks for the update on Craig, slapdown and we'll be cheering for you's this week again at Kawartha!!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49565#msg49565

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 07:36:45 AM »

I bealive beacuse they ruled it intentional, since the 22 just spun the 7T then this was about 2-3 laps later the 7T dumped the 22

my question is...why if the officals knew...beacuse it was said over the radio ....that the 16 was going to dump the 47...not give the 47 the spot back?  I guess beacuse there was dout?   beacuse now a track is that is hurting for crowds is going to lose one of the most popular drivers from ever visting there track.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49570#msg49570
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:40:12 AM by 3-Wide »
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

Offline skidder

• Series Owner
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 08:12:47 AM »
My take on the llm feature as i seen exactly what was up with connolly.Earlier in the race walters made a pass on the inside of witty#19 forcing connolly who was on the outside three wide.She lost a ton of positions in the process.As for the incident with 2 to go as walters was lapping the field,you had to be blind and deaf not to see what connolly had planned.I was actually sitting close to walters spotter and could hear almost everything he was saying.He did in fact tell walters to slow down as connolly was almost stopped going into turn 3,[which in fact ,if she did have a problem ,she could have quite easily pulled to the pits as the pit entrance is right before turn 3] And yes several of the oscarr spotters who had scanners,radios etc did here someone say slow down,slow down here he comes.By the time walters came upon connolly to pass her on the outside he had actually slowed considerably but as walters was going around the outside of her she deliberately drove up and in to him spinning him in the process. In what was quite obvious to all in attendance as connolly who knowing she was as guilty as all heck made a bee line off the track faster than she'd been all night,that it was pay back for the earlier 3 wide incident.When are these track owners going to do something about this kind of behaviour from drivers that continue to drive like this week in and week out.I am almost possitive that shes been either banned or told not to come back to every other track around.JP its time to wake up and smell the roses.I can hounestly say from what i witnessed last night ,walters was not only in the show but was the show.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49572#msg49572

Offline Petty Fan 45

• Car Owner
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 08:18:23 AM »
At the time he was attempting to pass her she was still on the lead lap.  Barely but she was still on the lead lap until he had completed the pass and if that is the case as in any series the car going a lap down is going to race to stay on the lead lap. 

The operative word being 'race', not throw a hissy-fit and turn right into the leader (and I don't care who's leading!).  She sure hauled a$$ off the track and into the pit stall immediately after dumping the 47 ....  flat tire didn't seem to impede her handling there! 

You really didn't notice her waiting for him on the track?  She should have waited for him in the pits, either to say 'sorry' or 'FU' ... whatever.  You don't just dummy someone (deliberately IMO, accidentally in yours)  without at least facing them afterwards.  That shows such a lack of character.  If it was an accident, say that.  If it wasn't, then say that too. JMO

I was just thinking that since he had such a big lead maybe try making the pass at a better time incase there was really a problem with her car.

There's a wall around the entire track, I really don't think it would have made a difference how long the 47 waited.  The 16's agenda was set long before the leader caught up.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49573#msg49573
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 12:50:37 PM by Petty Fan 45 »

Offline skidder

• Series Owner
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 08:24:02 AM »

I bealive beacuse they ruled it intentional, since the 22 just spun the 7T then this was about 2-3 laps later the 7T dumped the 22

my question is...why if the officals knew...beacuse it was said over the radio ....that the 16 was going to dump the 47...not give the 47 the spot back?  I guess beacuse there was dout?   beacuse now a track is that is hurting for crowds is going to lose one of the most popular drivers from ever visting there track.
After witnessing a total disrespect for out of town drivers by not only a pbo driver but in my mind the track officials sloppy handling of the situation i hope he never goes back as i know i never will be.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49574#msg49574

Offline godsunclevic

• Car Owner
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 09:08:03 AM »
First off I did not see the actual contact between Connelly and Walters so can't give my opinion on whether it was deliberate or not but this I know.  At the very beginning when they were lining up the cars for the LLM feature Connelly was trying to let the "X" car line up in the proper spot.  For some reason "X" chose to stay where he was lined up so her spotter did tell her to dump him the first chance she got if need be.  The other member of the team that was sitting with her spotter was like dude calm down!!!.  As for the malee of cars stacking up after the intial spin of Walters I'm actually thinking there was more then a cut tire involved for Amanda as there was kitty litter put on the track in the area of the spin.  So maybe the tire when down prior to Tom trying to pass her and a line got cut in the process.  I'd like to know why the spotter for Walters didn't tell Tom to back it down for a lap as his lead was monsterous until they knew what was going on with Amanda's car first since after she came back on the track from fixing her first flat she made a charge to gain spots and then all of a sudden backed it way down and was losing spots every lap.  Maybe if the spotter did this Tom would have won the feature as he desereved.  But did he or the team need to go after Amanda or her team in the pits I'll say no.  I heard on my scanner that they were still dealing with Tom as the OSCAAR feature was supposed to start so they actually delayed the start so JP could get onto the track for the introductions.

The X car was to line up outside the 77 car and the 16 was to line up on behind the 77 car, so how did it end up 3 wide with the 16 car in the middle?  X was to start 10th and the 16 car was to start in 11th.  The whole night was messed up, 2 of the local cars spun out on that last caution and both of them got their spots back.  The 99 was sitting sideways in the wreck in corner 1 with the 89, and the 9 car was in the grass at the end of the front straightaway.  If they got their spots back why shouldn't Walters?  As for the tire on the 16, it wasn't flat when she started falling back in the late stages of the race because she managed to keep it off the back markers who did manage to pass her on the outside. 

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49579#msg49579

Offline godsunclevic

• Car Owner
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 11:06:57 AM »
The 83 car went off around the 45-50 lap mark into the pits under green for some reason.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49589#msg49589

Offline racerrob

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 11:15:20 AM »
come on people , this was done delibertly there is more to this then just a racing incident . i don't like either one of them ( my reasons) . but i also don't like the respect issue going on here either . she didn't once think about the rest of the field racing and how it could effect them . these guys put there money and soul into these cars each week and she basically said to them screw you guys too i'm doing this for me . tommy could have come back out to race and he probably still would have passed most of the field for a decent finish . which leads me into my next question . when is this car going to be torn apart ? i have seen him way out front week after week . if he has the crate motor in there why hasn't it been inspected to check the cam , rod size etc... but then again we seem to always bend the rules for certain drivers but others get the shaft !

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8048.msg49591#msg49591

HTML ezBlock

site
stats