Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Diffucult debut for Solaris Motorsport in the Italian GT Champioship  (Read 3142 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Diffucult debut for Solaris Motorsport in the Italian GT Champioship

Technical issues slowed the Corvette of Sini and Costantini in Vallelunga, the team will join the entire Italian series 

PICTURE Credit: PhotoSpeedy 

Vallelunga, Italy - Solaris Motorsport suffered another difficult week end in Vallelunga during the first round of the Italian GT Championship. The Corvette of Sini and Costantini had some handling's trouble all weekend long and it wasn't able to repeat the performances shown during the testing sessions in April. So, the american coupè caught two race results that can't satisfy barely the Notaresco-based team. In the next couple weeks, the team will have to find and resolve the origin of the problem that slowed the car in France and in Vallelunga. The Italian GT Championship showed a great state of form, with more high level 20 GT3 cars on track and a potential grid of 40 cars in Monza, that convinced the Solaris Motorsport to race the entire series

The Solaris Motorsport Corvette logged a lot of laps in Vallelunga, suffering a general lack of grip in each session: "A very disappointing race! We didn't expect a weekend like this after performing well in the testing sessions - commented Francesco Sini, able to set cronos near the best ones during the test session in April - We were 2 second slower than 1 month ago and the car became undriveable. I want to thank all our crew, they worked all weekend long, they made an amazing job. We have to work hard during the next weeks, but I'm sure we will came back competitive!" The Italian GT Championship impressed Ringhio: "This year the series is fantastic! I didn't see a so large grid by many years. There is quantity and quality! It's a pleasure to race in this contest."

Stefano Costantini did his best in his home race, but the ninth spot on the grid can't make him happy: "I'm disappointed because we weren't able to show what we can do. The car is totally different from the one we tried during the test. We have to understand what happened in order to go in the next race fighting for the podium." said the Rome-native driver, that signed a lap near the pole position during the last test session "Paul Ricard and Vallelunga were unexpected and disappointing races, we know we have a great potential. The guys made a stunning job on track, but we couldn't resolve the trouble that slowed us. It's a difficult moment, we have to work hard and recover. We will come back soon."

Paul Ricard and Vallelunga were two tricky races for Solaris Motorsport, the Team Principal Roberto Sini try to explain the tricky start of season: "We had two hard weeks. After the testing session in Adria and here in Vallelunga, our goal was and is totally different. I'm sorry we weren't able to give to Stefano and Francesco a competitive car, with their talent we can point on top. We know what's the Corvette potential and we want to find it back early." Roberto Sini commented also about the Italian GT Championship: "There are a lot of cars and a very high level grid. The championship seems well managed, it has a good media coverage. It could be a good option for our sponsors. We join the series, we will race the complete series!"

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=20888.msg113309#msg113309
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats