Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: More Bad News Today  (Read 1952 times)

Offline racewoman

• Series Owner
  • He has my whole heart
More Bad News Today
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:56:32 PM »
Dave McLeod Passes Away

We are very sad to announce that veteran race driver and car owner, Dave MacLeod suffered a massive heart attack and passed away on Monday, January 15, 2007. Dave had been a loyal supporter of the SOS since our inception in 1996. He competed with the SOS as a driver for many of those years behind the wheel of the #32. During the last couple of years he had hung up his helmet but stayed very active fielding a 2-car team with drivers such as Mark Schulz, Keith Dempster, Jamie Collard and Jim Porter behind the wheel. Dave was a very popular individual that always made his presence known in the pits and was always there to offer a lending hand whenever it was needed. Dave will be truly missed.
Our thoughts and prayers got out to Dave’s family and friends.

Our thoughts and prayers got out to Dave’s family and friends.

Mertz & Sons Funeral Home
911 Englewood Ave. Town of Tonawanda 716-836-2935

Funeral Visiting Hours Tuesday 2-4pm & 6-8pm;  Wednesday 2-4pm & 6-8pm

Funeral Service on Thursday at 11:00 AM

Rest In Peace

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5769.msg22551#msg22551
I will fix the coolant lines...you pick up the supper! Careful watching me cook may give you a heart attack ;)

CanadianRacingOnline.com

More Bad News Today
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:56:32 PM »

Offline racingwrench

• Series Owner
More Bad News Today
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 09:03:47 PM »
Dave was always one of my favourite people to go and see at the SOS events and the indoor eventsa at Niagara. "Mister McLoed" had a great sense of humour and always a great story.  He could put things in a great perspective.  I spent a night after an indoors race with him and a driver I helped travelling around his side of the border after an indoors race checking out cars for sale.  The first night I met Dave the car I was working on blew the rearend coming out of four for the checkered at Ohsweken and a significant shunk bounced off the track right into his face screen,  Dave came over to let us know that we were responsible for his suit needing dry cleaning (The laughter never stopped after that).  Dave sold alot of guys in the area cars and could find you almost anything.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5769.msg22585#msg22585

HTML ezBlock

site
stats