Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Autumn Colours - Saturday Report  (Read 2689 times)

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
Autumn Colours - Saturday Report
« on: October 06, 2007, 10:50:31 PM »
One word. RAIN >:( . After an afternoon of rain the skies cleared at about 3:30 and the track was dry by a bit after 4.  The lates were first up and the rain started falling again as the cars were in line to go on the track. After an hour of steady rain track drying resumed but after another hour the skies opened up again and races were called until tomorrow. JP better get some gravel for the field because the cars out there are bringing mud onto the track. The third groove was a mud pit when the Thunders were done practicing.   The mods, late models and four funs will draw for starting positions and run no heats. ALL CARS QUALIFY. The LLM heats will start at noon with the SLM, Thunders and minis to follow. I hope he only runs one set of heats and a couple consis instead of one for the classes that need it. Car counts for this year are nuts. Some are definate and some are what I heard from other crews.

Super Late Models - 17 estimate
Late Model - 25 actual
Modified - 19 estimate
Limited Late Model - 36 estimate
Thunder - 46 estimate
Mini Stock - 100 estimate ( 9 heats )
4 Funs - 20 estimate
Hurricane Midgets - 15 estimate

Tomorrow is going to be VERY busy. Let's hope the rain holds off. And for you guys that cut this event up on here. I Let's hope that the drivers keep their heads on and we have a clean, quick ( as quick as almost 300 cars can get ) show. SEE YOU GUYS AT NOON.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6829.msg34581#msg34581
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 10:03:38 PM by slapdown »

CanadianRacingOnline.com

Autumn Colours - Saturday Report
« on: October 06, 2007, 10:50:31 PM »

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
Re: Autumn Colours - Saturday Report
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 11:19:03 PM »
Thanks for the updates.   

hopefully things go farily smooth, beacuse that's A LOT of racing to go threw tommrow. 

why after the rain they ran that much pratice I'm unsure.... I understand you need some practise but as you said why so long..and why have drivers meeting after.

Car count wise WOW! 

only suprises are only 15 SLM??  I would have expected more like 20.

and suprised that many LLM..I was expcting maybe 35 at the most good to hear.

Mini's is insane.... ALOT more cars will not make the feature then will make it. :o.

There prolly will be a few more cars to, as I'm sure a few people could not make it out today...and also with the iffy weather they might have waited..we shall see

I hope he only runs one set of heats and a couple consis instead of one for the classes that need it

I agree there...we don't wanna get to a point where the features don't start till like 4 or something. and then if they run long have curfew issues. 

weather looks good for tommrow though...morning might be a little damp drizzly ...but after that it should be nice and sunny

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6829.msg34582#msg34582
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:23:39 PM by 3-Wide »
"RaceTracks are my 2nd Home"
"I'm a Short-Track junkie"

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 11:48:08 PM »
On Sunday, pit gates will be open at 10:00am. Heat races will start at 12:00pm with LLM's up first, followed by OSCAAR. Qualifying will be one set of heat races rather than the normal two. There will be an attempt to get all racing including features done on Sunday.

coyped from the OSCAAR site

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6829.msg34585#msg34585

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 11:48:08 PM »

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 12:09:39 AM »
Just went to the weather network and there is only 30% chance of rain in the morning and 20% in the afternnon so we should get going on time.

FYI the late models in attendance are : 3X Arnott, 3 Naves, 9 Watson, 11 Weber, 10 Gowan, 81 Mercer, B10 Balson, 34 Lawler, 84 Jackson, 38 Hooker, 42 Ramsay, 10 Morgan, 71 McHattie,  X Foster, 44 Laking, 36 Elliott, 95 Simone, 90 Bosschaert, 97 Cassidy, 69 Inglis, 88 Waite, 22 Delisle, 46 Mowat, 40 Gallant, 5 ???, 99 ??? ( not KD Brown, Flam Bentley or Del Powell )  I know that's 26 but the 9 of Watson practiced as late and so did the rest. There was a 5 car starting 3rd in heat 2 on the board but didn't see a late with that number ???

Supers in attendance : 2 Owen, 50 Calitri, 61 Fletcher, 49 Clarke, 61 Wilson ( from the Sault, great to see ), 15 Shepstone, 20 Chenoweth, 34 Thompson, 7T Dunford, 7 Tiemersma, 99 Watson, 22 Watson, 83 Bourque, 40 Oppersma, 52 Passer, 62 Ritchie. Hopefully the 43 Woolsey, 16 Bickle, 90 Evans or 68 Robinson will show on Sunday.

LLM in attendance are : 1 Wright, 1x Parsons, 2 Brown, 16 Connoly, 98 Graham, 10 Shepherd, 26 Mitchell, 91 Hart, 54 Bull, 31 McWhirter, 48 Baker, 43 Malcolm, 47 Walters, 90 Reynolds, 16 Kinball, 2x Robinson, 7 Tiemersma, 19 Witty, 45 Poole, 17 Cornelius, 37 Walt, 00 Oram, 6 Maiato, 35 Tolton also think I saw the 34 Trmble trailer ??? There are a few I don't have but the KD and PETE sites are taking forever to load tonite.

Apologies for missing a few LLM as well as no Thunders or Minis but there are too many too know them all. And mods, Hurricanes and 4 funs I'm not familiar with the drivers.

SEE YOU @ NOON !!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6829.msg34587#msg34587

Offline ShortTrackFan

• Series Owner
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »
To try and cram all that racing into one day on Sunday is insane! Will probably pass on this show for the first time in many years because of it.

My 2007 Race Count: 44

My 2007 Track Count: 18 -  New Smyrna (FL), Volusia (FL), Bristol (TN), Toledo (OH), Delaware (ON), Flamboro (ON), Merrittville (ON), Kawartha (ON), Humberstone (ON), Ohsweken (ON), Sauble (ON), Cayuga (ON), Ransomville (NY), Albany-Saratoga (NY), Oxford Plains (ME), Barrie (ON), Little Valley (NY), Wyoming County (NY)

Next Up: Sunday - Peterborough? October 13-14: Winchester 400 (IN)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6829.msg34588#msg34588
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 12:38:14 AM by ShortTrackFan »

Offline slapdown

• Series Owner
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 12:44:53 AM »
STF, you are a race fan ? That's what you are going to get today. Sure that's alot but what other choice is there ? Send some guys home and not run their class ? If JP does what the OSCAAR site says and runs only 1 heat with consi's it will be one great day of racing. He will save alot of time by only running the feature for the LM, Mod and 4Funs. If he starts the LLM at noon they should have their 4 heats done in 45 minutes. The Supers should only take 15 minutes. Give the Thunders an hour and the Minis an hour and a half. I think the LM will run first and they will need about an hour to get the 107 laps in. Consi's for the LLM, mini's and Thunders could be another hour and a half. The mods should take half an hour and the 4 funs 20 minutes. The supers should be done in 45 minutes For the Thunder, mini and LLM features it should be another hour each. That's me thinking out loud but that should be more than enough time. Add another hour for the BOBO driving that I'm sure will hold up the show and your at about midnight which is the curfew. The track crew will have to be on top of things all day but it can be done although a blown motor or two could end all that.

Oh, forgot about the Hurricanes. Run 15 laps and load'm.

STF, I wouldn't miss this one.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6829.msg34590#msg34590

Offline Thunder6

• Don't mess with Tex
  • Series Owner
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 12:50:43 AM »
This place is like the Woodstock of racing in Ontario. Insane. A huge amount of cars from everywhere, I think every track in Ontario is fairly well represented.

The mud and the rain made it pretty awful getting about in the 4 cylinder and Thunder Car pits, but everyone seemed to be in fairly good spirits regardless... And I'm not talking about the post race activities, I left at 9pm and they hadn't called it yet. The rain would not give us a break at all...

I'm working in the morning (that's why we didn't go down with our team) so I hope someone can give us the report before Monday or Tuesday, because they have so much to complete tomorrow, I don't think it's going to happen. Regardless, I am taking holidays for this event next year...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6829.msg34591#msg34591
"Dont be BEECH! And as always comrades, have nice day" fpsrussia

Offline jcrashm2

• Series Owner
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 01:59:22 AM »
They had a good 3 hours to race from 3 till 6 but practised. Then after the drivers meeting it poured all over again. At 8 30 we could hear cars on the track and were told by a couple of mini drivers that the hurricanes were getting ready to run and they were heading for their cars because the track was almost dry. Then it started pouring again. It was still pouring at 11 pm when we left. The whole place is a huge mud hole and packed solid. They said warm ups were at 10 am racing at noon. Hated to leave but have to go to Rockton fair demo.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6829.msg34592#msg34592
Raced Flamboro,Varney,Sauble,Barrie,CNE, Sunset,Ohsweken,Humberstone,Peterboro, Paris,Delaware

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 07:51:06 AM »
Add another hour for the BOBO driving that I'm sure will hold up the show and your at about midnight which is the curfew.

BOBO driving? I'm not familiar with that term.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6829.msg34593#msg34593
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

Offline 3-Wide

• Series Owner
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 08:34:06 AM »
This is deffently gonna be some kinda amazing racing day.   I agree it's going to get a bit long...and if the yellow flag keeps getting thrown every 2 sec ...it could make it frustrating for everyone.

If it goes preety smooth like slapdown's #'s (good estimating)  that should finish it up about 10,11.   and still leaves a bit of room for some more delays.

I hope they scrap the B features.   sorry for the guys that don't make it in....but time could be a bit tight to be doing that. (if it was my choice..I would say the first guy that does not transfer threw the LCQ...gets the pay out of the B feature winner..IMO)

well going to be a good day..I'm pumped about it...woke up at 8:10 and was wide awake.   leaving in about 2 hours ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=6829.msg34595#msg34595
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:35:41 AM by 3-Wide »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats