Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: dei ganassi merge  (Read 9352 times)

Offline Thunder6

• Don't mess with Tex
  • Series Owner
Re: dei ganassi merge
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 06:56:10 AM »
Is the new Earnhardt / Ganassi / Sabates team running Chevrolet or Dodge? I can't see them leaving Chevrolet there is some long history there.

But who knows what Theresa Earnhardt will do. Sabates was with Pontiac, I don't think he has any connection with Chevrolet. Ganassi has always been Dodge as far back as I can remember.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61189#msg61189
"Dont be BEECH! And as always comrades, have nice day" fpsrussia

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 06:56:10 AM »

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 07:07:39 AM »
The rumour is Dodge is out all together and any dodge Team will become a Chevy team and Dodge will give chevy funds...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61190#msg61190

Offline Thunder6

• Don't mess with Tex
  • Series Owner
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 07:38:45 AM »
Unreal...

That is horrible news. I think this is going to be the real story if Dodge quits.

Another reason why they never should have let Toyota in in the first place. Roush was right!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61191#msg61191
"Dont be BEECH! And as always comrades, have nice day" fpsrussia

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 07:38:45 AM »

Offline BENCHRACER

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 08:23:32 AM »
TOYOTA has diddly to do with DODGE possible pulling out of NASCAR.

Unlike GM and FORD  , CHRYSLER actually has some CASH $ and will likely use it to stay afloat and not support racing.

DEI did a merger or buy into of MB2 or GINN  that never prospered to anything great , this likely will not as well.

All the merge did was give possible sponsorship for 3 cars and maybe 1 more but nothing long term. Supposedly 110 people lost their jobs at DEI yesterday

Wonder if JR and BUD had not left would the problem still exsist at DEI prompting her to merge

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61195#msg61195

Offline longstreet

• Series Owner
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 08:44:17 AM »
soutern sponser what had jr accomplised, other than being jr, that showed he could mange dei? there are two other kids in the equation other than kelly and jr. at this point jr and rick can  not find a sponser for the second nationwide team, how in hell could he fund four cup teams? i for one did not make the jump from sr to jr in feb. of 01. i see a spoiled brat handed a ride . one solution that could have worked was let jr run competition side but they wanted 51% of all dei. what did he build there other than being SRs kid? good creds. to run a multi million dollar company.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61198#msg61198
same as the old boss

Offline 22fan

• Rookie Driver
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 09:53:06 AM »
Unreal...

That is horrible news. I think this is going to be the real story if Dodge quits.

Another reason why they never should have let Toyota in in the first place. Roush was right!

Toyota shouldn't have been allowed on this side of the Pacific, period.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61199#msg61199
BOYCOT ABC!

Offline southernsponsor

• Team Owner
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 10:08:20 AM »
hmmmm, let me see,   budweiser.....wrangler......adidas...amp...and oh ya  the 126million  in retail sales that junior just brought in since he left the empire.  i dont know but i think that would be a pretty good start to run a four car operation.  now jr was quite willing to use his fame and fortune to keep dei going ,  he just wanted to control the destiny of his namesake  and we can all see why now.  
and yes kerry and taylor  are in the equation,  but really  kerry has not done well  and atylor deserves to be involved when she is old enough.  to tell the real truth jr  wanted kelly to run the show,  and she my friends is very capable  of running a cup organization. when you grow up around the sport and your last name is more famous than apple pie,  you have an advantage.  and when you can drive like jr can,  you also have an advantage.  boy is rick hendrick a smart man!!!!!!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61201#msg61201

Offline Thayne

• Series Owner
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 10:11:33 AM »
what are Theresa's creds? She is a wannabe at best...I hate junior but he is blood and that is the reason why he shlda got DEI...

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61202#msg61202

Offline longstreet

• Series Owner
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 11:27:44 AM »
ss and thayne sr said many many times when he was alive that if not for his wife he would not have been able to start dei, that from THE MAN is enough cred for me. ss answer the bloody question on why jr had to lay people off and put the five team on part time only due to lack of sponsership, not my words his. geez this guy is not a demigod and will never be his father,lacks talent and desire.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61205#msg61205
same as the old boss

Offline southernsponsor

• Team Owner
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 11:51:20 AM »
NEWS FLASH.....jr is not a demi god....are you kidding,  have you been to a race in the last 10 years.  lol  i mean give me a "bloddy"  break.  if dei kept him they would have kept the lionsshare of all that money.  mr hendrick is a very upstanding business man that takes a very large majority of the pie.  so the #5  team is on a part time deal for now.  there is your answer to your " bloddy'  LOL  question,   to many fingers in the mix, when it could have been an empire for dei.   btw   cup racing when senior was atop  is a far cry from what it is now,  senior would not have been as dominant  in this day.   there is only a couple dominators in cup....and that is the brainiac  crew chiefs that have these cars figured out, the nuts behind the wheel are all very good,  or they wouldnt be where they are today.
heres  my answer to part, just part of the financial problem in cup,  stop testing,  kyle petty said last week that its up wards of  125,000.00   for a test.   then he said  that up to 1000  employees would lose there jobs this silly season.  SO   what is more important, keep your good people  or go test and let the super power teams get better and better.  i say you test when you get to the track  so the wood bros and teams like them at least have a fighting chance to make the shows.   the big dogs all have 7 post shakers,  so let them test on there shakers  and  stay off the tracks.   just my two cents

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61206#msg61206

Offline longstreet

• Series Owner
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 12:35:51 PM »
was not that upstanding businessman CONVICTED of numerous counts of tax fraud. and no thanks i will pass on the lemming like jr fan base.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61207#msg61207
same as the old boss

Offline southernsponsor

• Team Owner
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 02:10:13 PM »
yes he sure was convicted,  but he still is obviously very business savy.  or is the word shrude (spelling?)   most people like him i run into in business take your money with a smile,   so in other words,  he uses lube.
i dont agree with the hendrick stable, you have to many superstars,  that collect to much of the sponsor dollars in cup.   its like   f1,  they take wayyyyyyyyy to much money out of the motorsports pot,    hell  one team for one season in f1 spends an average of 350 milloion a  year!!!!   i need half of 1%   of that for my ncats program,  or can i just have the interest for one day on that.   
anyhow.....i am feeling better,  but i still hate that women!!!!lol

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61210#msg61210

Offline B.A.R.

• Track Owner
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 05:02:27 PM »
Do you really think this is news...its called survival...and its only starting !! 

#1- DEI: The DEI merger with Ganassi is only one of about 6 deals that is going to happen over the next couple of months.
For about 2 months now, they have been having auctions every 2 weeks at DEI.

#2- Ganassi has been in trouble for a while with his Stock Car Program. Target is tired of funding a sinking ship and wants out of the Stock Car scene all together.
Target will stay on board with the Indy Car and Sports Car divisions of Ganassi.

#3- When someone like Roush bashed Nascar for allowing Toyota in the field he did so because he knew that it would crush the Big 3's domination in Stock Car Racing.
What everyone missed in that deal was the fact that Roush had already been told by Ford that they were winding down on their Stock Car support, and that is why Roush and Yates teamed up on engine building. Yates had already told Ford he was getting out and it was Ford that made the alliance between Roush and Yates to try and keep the Fords on top before crashing out of Nascar.

#4- Nascar...is very much a dying breed and is reaching at everything to try and stay on top. They have been approaching every series out there, regardless of what type of cars. Recently they sealed the deal with Rolex and have already statred to destroy that series.

Witness to fact is what they have done here in Canada.

The once Cascar Series, Canada's leading racing division, was very much a power house series, even in American Standards.
Cascar had a showing of 30 to 40 cars per event and the series had allot of big name corperate sponsors on cars, one of the best TV packages with Speed, and Race Tracks on waiting lists for dates.
Along comes Nascar, and their Lying takes the Green flag !!
A- NO RULE CHANGES     B- MUCH BIGGER PURSES   C- A SERIES SPONSOR

A- Rule Changes added an additional cost of $20,000 per Team.
The question here is, the Cars were fine until Nascar came along...Why the Changes ??

B- Even though they tell Canadian Tire they are paying out $60,000 a race in prize money, the truth is they payout about 50% of that, and worse yet, some races to win don't even reach $3000.00 in First Place Money.
Since there arrival to Canada, the series has lost at least 50% of the old car count because of the costs to run and poor purse pay.

C- Canadian Tire was not a deal put together by Nascar, it was a deal put together by Tony Novotiny and having a sponsor on board who was willing to pay a MILLION DOLLARS a year made the sale of the series to Nascar more enticing.

So whats the big picture here....
In the next couple of years, Racers and Fans alike will be thanking Toyota for coming to the Stock Car scene. Nascar knew that folks like Toyota would come in and spend a ton of money, fund teams, and bring a whole new brand of Fans, Sponsors, and Money to the series. What Toyota has done, is no different then what they have ever done in any racing series that they have joined. They came in and dominated with Technology, Data Acquisition, Dump Truck loads of money, and when they got to a level where they could say they were Number 1, they started to use the word NO to new teams, sponsors and most of all NASCAR. Pretty smart if you ask me !!
Dodge will pack up and pull out, Ford will follow, and Chevrolet will stand alone on the deck of the S.S.Big3 sinking ship.
The C.O.T. cars of the Cup and Nationwide series will become glorified IROC cars, powered by Toyota engines.

The Truck Series will remain the only true identity to what we once called Stock Cars.
In the Truck Series you will find the odd Ford, Dodge and Chevrolet Teams still hanging on to their multi million dollar investments that they made in the one time Cup Series and Nationwide Series.  With Nascar providing the tools to destruction, more teams like DEI and Ganassi will have no choice but to join hands, but they need to be careful.
Life jackets will be the number one mandatory colthing apparel to wear as this ship is still sinking.

IF...and I mean IF... The C.O.T. car would have stayed on the drawing board instead of becoming a mandatory race car, there would be several teams still in the position to operate as normal. The cost to refit shops for the C.O.T. program was never taken into consideration by Nascar...why ??? Because they were the ones that would never have to dip into their wallets in order to continue racing.
The Cost of Racing went way up...as the money proceeds by Sponsorships went down !!

As Fans, the only complaint you have about the C.O.T. is it is boring to watch and the cars all look the same.
To Race Teams the C.O.T. was the biggest investment they have ever made in the past 50 years of Cup Racing, but more importantly, at the same time the C.O.T. program also caused the biggest loss of money for every race team in more then 50 years.
Cars's that brought $85,000 dollars prior to the C.O.T were now being loaded up and shipped out at a loss of more then $70,000 dollars PER CAR.
Take a normal Cup Shop that inventoried 20 or so cars.....
that was a loss of about $1.5 MILLION DOLLARS !!!
Along with the loss of money, came the loss of jobs.
Fabricators, Body Men, Chassis Men, Wind Tunnel Operations, Mechanics and more would find themselves out of work for the first time ever in their racing careers.

Its not done yet...instead its just starting...and that is very scary.
In a time when the economy is in such trouble, a truly honourable racing series would give back to the Teams and the Fans, because without them- they are just another series without cars and fans.

You can blame DEI...
You can blame Ganassi...
You can blame Toyota....
You can blame Dodge, Ford and Chevrolet...

But if you really want to point your finger in the right direction... Its a money grabbing, lying, cheating, self destructing company that calls Daytona Beach Florida, Home.

Its a good thing they are so close to the water, because when this ship goes down,
they will need a really Big Ocean close by to fall into.       

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61225#msg61225

Offline longstreet

• Series Owner
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 05:19:04 PM »
dont hold back bar tell us what you really think.lol agree with about 90% of above post its like brian france needs to prove he is worthy of bill jr and big bill. not likely.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61231#msg61231
same as the old boss

Offline B.A.R.

• Track Owner
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 05:45:27 PM »
Little Bill will never have the success of Big Bill.

Big Bill was loved by all- Racers, Tracks, Fans and Sponsors.
He was a #1 guy that did a #1 job.

Bill Jr. relies on way to many people to make the calls for him, and I think he would almost be better at the job if he took the Bull by the Horns himself.

As for telling you what's really on my mind, L.O.L....
This site doesn't have enough space on it !!

I am not saying its all Nascar's fault either.
Lets face it, when the teams all start complaining about going broke they should take a look in the mirror first because they are the Dummy's that kept racing and loosing money.

Nascar is kinda like the Wood in a Forest....
It can sit there all day until someone fool comes along and lights it.....

Nascar is like those magic Birthday Candles that stay lit...
You can blow them all day and they just wont quit burning....

Nascar is kinda like Bill Gates
They make allot of money.

Did I say they make allot of money ??

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=8963.msg61237#msg61237
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 05:50:16 PM by B.A.R. »

HTML ezBlock

site
stats