Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: an apology to the guys running the show at Delly  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
an apology to the guys running the show at Delly
« on: July 24, 2014, 10:06:20 PM »
I have to make a public apology. I will make this apology in person, but my offense was in a public forum and I think it needs to be said here too.

You know, I was pretty vocal about the restart procedures, and the way they were presented, at the end of last week's APC 100, but my manner and the tone I chose to write with wasn't fair in the least to the guys making these decisions.

I havent been posting much here on CRO lately. Life no longer allows me to stay up till 430am writing those Shadow Reports anymore, and the number of folks actively posting here has drastically dwindled. So I've been pretty quiet here.

I can't imagine how they felt reading my post on Saturday. Its been a stellar season thus far. Really amazing. The racing has been great, seats have had butts in them. These guys have been working their asses off trying to get Delaware back where she needs to be...and doing a hell of a job of it. Its been a tremendous season.

But after all that, there's me popping up like a jack in the box after a season of near silence on the boards, spouting about integrity, making the place look mickey mouse...all that negative junk. And all because I didn't approve of the way the race ended.

I won't go so far as to take back my stance on green flag takebacks...I still feel the practice needs to die a quick death.

But in the larger scheme of things, it is a small thing, and it was pretty wrong of me to choose to pick negativity first. That actually goes against everything I've ever really believed about responsible public forum posting.

The guys...Urlin, Demelo, Houghton...even Spencer, didn't deserve that. Plain and simple.

And I'm sorry to them that I let it all out here.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=19840.msg111824#msg111824
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

CanadianRacingOnline.com

an apology to the guys running the show at Delly
« on: July 24, 2014, 10:06:20 PM »

Offline Sharpie91

• Rookie Driver
Re: an apology to the guys running the show at Delly
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 01:13:21 AM »
It is a passionate sport. All involved have said, done or typed their feelings. Usually all have come to calmer ground with a touch of regret. It is way we pay the entrance fee, build the cars, work on them and show up every weekend. It's cause we love it. You spoke with passion and purpose. We all know your intentions. It wasn't to poke, stab or embarrass. It was simply an opinion of an opportunity to improve, to learn from.
I look forward to your post. You watch the show, understand to show. Not every night is easy. But all involved, including you have a place to help improve this sport we love.
You stated likes and dislikes, not character sabotage.
Cheers to you for caring enough to post, and brave enough to help put it into context.
For what it's worth I attended a race recently were restarts are single file. Yep, there was drivers jumping the start. Go figure.
Soccer players may dive, hockey players with elbows up, football players at grab the face mask, basketball players may ....   Who watches basketball ?

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=19840.msg111825#msg111825

Offline ernie

• Contributing Members
  • Series Owner
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 08:06:04 AM »
Second thoughts are a wonderful thing aren't they Trev. I think after the many years you have been a booster for Delaware, on your own initiative, you deserve a pass. I understand your public appology though. You sir have done more to promote local racing in general and Delaware Speedway in particular then I think anyone else has, including the track, over the years. I liked your post and love your passion and miss the Shadow Reports.  ;D

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=19840.msg111826#msg111826

CanadianRacingOnline.com

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 08:06:04 AM »

Offline Dougy109

• Series Owner
  • Known by my brothers as 'Bones"
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 07:15:15 AM »
At least it has gotten quiet, for the right reason. There's less to whine about, and that's good. As for thinking you lost your marbles for a minute, think rather it was a posted opinion. It's not like you through the track under the bus.

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=19840.msg111843#msg111843
Not an expert, just tried it, refused to listen to conventional thinking, broke all the parts trying

Offline Shadowracer

• Global Moderator
  • Series Owner
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 08:59:25 AM »
Yeah...but its all done and over with.

Talked to both Justin and Jon last night, both at length. Cleared the air, got a little shit thrown back at me....deservedly, then found we actually agreed on most points...and agreed to disagree on the rest.  Shook on it and walked away friends.

It's all good.  :)

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=19840.msg111844#msg111844
CHECK OUT THE "SHADOW REPORT" GROUP ON FACEBOOK FOR LIVE RACE PICS AND UPDATES

HTML ezBlock

site
stats