Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: DONALD THEETGE HAS SOLID RUN AT GRAND PRIX DE TROIS RIVIERES  (Read 668 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
DONALD THEETGE HAS SOLID RUN AT GRAND PRIX DE TROIS RIVIERES

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Trois Rivieres, QC, Monday August 13, 2018:  Donald Theetge had what he classed as a terrific race at the famed Grand Prix de Trois Rivieres on Sunday afternoon.  It was event number eight of the thirteen race NASCAR Pintys Series in 2018.

The weekend started off on a positive note as Theetge practiced his #24 Mercedes-Benz St Nicolas/Circuit Acura Chevrolet Camaro in the top ten for most of the hour-long session.  “We still have a little work to do to make the car perfect, but I am happy with the direction we are going,” said Theetge.

Next up would be qualifying and Theetge would go on track with the second group of cars and when the final car hit pit road ending the qualifying session, he was scored as 11th quickest.  Theetge would line up the #24 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 on the inside of row six for the Le 50 Tours Can Am race on Sunday.

The 50-lap event on Sunday would take the green flag in front of a sold-out crowd.  Theetge settled into the top 12 where he stayed until lap 15 when he moved into the top 10.  It was a tough and competitively contested event with drivers racing very hard right from the start. The event was marred by 20 caution laps of the total 50 scheduled laps.  As the race wound down Theetge continued his move forward and when the checkered flag flew he was scored in 7th place.

“This is like a podium finish for us,” said a very happy Theetge after the race.  “I am very proud what this team did on the weekend as we were working for a top eight and finished 7th.  My brother Benoit was here, and he helped me a lot as he knows this track very well and he kept me calm every lap.  We made some points today and we still have four oval races left and I am confident we can win another one of those. We have a great team and I am very proud of them.”

The Le 50 Tours Can Am will air on TSN 1 & 3 on Saturday August 18th at 12 p.m. ET and the race was aired live on RDS2 in Quebec.

Donald Theetge and his #24 Mercedes Benz St Nicolas/Circuit Acura team are currently scored in 8th in the national point standings with five events remaining on the 2018 schedule.

The team next takes to the track at Riverside International Speedway in Antigonish Nova Scotia on Saturday August 18th for round nine of the 2018 NASCAR Pintys Series.  For more event information please visit www.riversidespeedway.ca

Donald Theetge is supported by the following sponsors:  Mercedes-Benz St Nicolas, Circuit Acura, Antidote, V Télé, Le Soleil, XPN World et Québec Automobile Esthétique

For more information please contact:

Linda Jones                                                     
(705) 730-4044                                             
ljones@drivenmi.ca

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=26438.msg119005#msg119005
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats