Attention: Guests by accessing CRO, you agree to the site terms. Please read the terms of CRO Click Here

Author Topic: Max Mugelli joins Francesco Sini on the Solaris Motorsport Aston Martin Vantage  (Read 924 times)

Offline CanadianRacingOnline

• What Should Be Here????
  • Administrator
  • Series Owner
  • 13 Seasons we have been around for.
Max Mugelli joins Francesco Sini on the Solaris Motorsport Aston Martin Vantage GT3 in the Italian GT Championship

Mugelli and Sini compose one of the most competitive duo in the Italian series, able to point both the overall classification and the 'Super GT3' one

Pescara (PE), Italy - Solaris Motorsport has officialized the lineup for the 2016 Italian GT Championship season: the talented and expert Max Mugelli joins Francesco Sini in the cockpit of the brand new Aston Martin Vantage GT3. Mugelli and Sini compose one of the most competitive duo in the Italian series, able to point both the overall classification and the 'Super GT3' one, the class reserved to the latest and most performing GT3 cars, where Solaris Motorsport will debut as Aston Martin Racing Team Partner, position that will guarantee to the Italian team all the support from the English brand and from Prodrive, its racing department.

In the recent past, the career of Mugelli, driver from Mugello - in nomen omen - with an huge experience in GT and touring car races, was specular to the Francesco Sini's one: infact, it's from 2012 that the two new team-mates face themselves as protagonists in different championships, before in the International Superstars Series, then in the EuroV8 Series and lastly in the Italian GT Championship. Mugelli raced a long in his national Grand Touring series, he debuted in the 2005 and was runner-up already in the 2007. In his campaigns in Italy, Mugelli collected 7 wins and a lot of podiums, in addition to a 5 pole position.

“I'm exciting for this new challenge! I'm ready and proud to race with the colours of an historical brand as Aston Martin in the Italian GT Championship. When Roberto Sini called me, I immediately thought it was the right thing to do. I know Solaris Motorsport from Superstars Series e I always believed they are a team technically knowledgeable and moved by a sane and natural passion for motorsport." commented Mugelli, at his second experience with Aston Martin.

The Italian driver won the 2006 Aston Martin Racing Cup with a DBRS9, racing in the context of the FIA GT3 European Championship. This success permitted him to taste the Prodrive world, testing a DBR9 GT1 the following year: “The Italian GT Championship will be very tough, the level of the cars and the drivers has grown up again respect last year, with the entering of new cars and new brands. But I'm sure that this will encourage us to give the best anytime. In most, I am comforted that Prodive will develop directly the car and we can test a lot during the season. I want to thank all the Sini family for the esteem in me, I hope to repay them with good results on track, and all the people and the companies whom supported and support me and my career."

"Max was always a strong rival, but finally I have him on my side! - Sini jokes and gives his welcome to his new team mate - We often have fought on the track, I know what he can do and how competitive can be. It will be a good goad all season long, an incentive to give the maximum in each session! The Italian GT Championship is reaching an higher level, so, having a team mate like Max is for sure a big advantage. I'm confident we could find the right feeling and a comfortable setup for both quickly, once we will do this, we could reach important goals in this season!"

Roberto Sini, Solaris Motorsport Team Principal, is confident about the upcoming season: "Last year was very difficult for us, we didn't reach the performance we expected but we learned a lot of things. This year we have took a completely new way, accepting a new and important challenge with Aston Martin. I'm sure that Max is the right guy at the right time. It's a fast driver with a lot of experience in GT races and this could help us to grow up more quickly. Max and Francesco are a very interesting duo, a couple of drivers able to fight on top from the beginning. In these years Max was one of the our strongest opponents, today we have the choise to put together our forces and make Aston Martin one of the most competitive brand in the Italian GT Championship."

The debut of Mugelli on the Solaris Motorsport Aston Martin Vantage GT3 will be on Friday April 16th at Autodromo di Monza track, theater of the season opener in the 1st May weekend, during a test session on the Italian circuit.

Solaris Motorsport and all its guys want to thank Marcello Puglisi for the professionality and the help brought in the 2015, hoping to see the Italian driver and Solaris friend on a race track very soon.
For further information you can visit the web site www.solarismotorsport.com or send an email to media@solarismotorsport.com

Follow the Solaris Motorsport’s Aston Martin on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!

Linkback: https://www.canadianracingonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=22370.msg114916#msg114916
Canadian Racing Archive Project.
http://www.canadianracingarchives.com/

CanadianRacingOnline.com

HTML ezBlock

site
stats